• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photography Photography Thread vs. BL Shutterbugs unite!

They're all uploaded to the same place. I'd upload them directly here but the file size is too big. I seem to have that problem in many facets of my life iykwim....

In going with, "it's bc the shadowmeister lives and won't have photographic evidence of such events out there...."

anytime you are looking at a thread about photographs on bluelight, you should immediately refresh the page once or twice before scrolling down. at least half the red xs will turn to photos.

i was a the columbia college museum of contemporary photography today and i was talking to one of the staff about the prints that were part of their collection but not currently up. she told me they almost never display sally mann prints but you can schedule special viewings. i asked how much. it's free! all you have to do is schedule it.

Groups, individuals, and classes may arrange a viewing of prints from the museum’s permanent collection and Midwest Photographers Project. Print viewings are offered free of charge. A member of the MoCP’s staff will be available at all times to handle the artworks. For a docent guided lecture, you may select one of the twelve topics above. Or, for a self-led discussion, you may select up to 20 collection objects or five MPP portfolios. To help create your list of requested work, you can view the entire collection online here.

Hours
By appointment only Monday through Friday from 10 am to 4:30 pm and Thursdays until 7:30 pm (Other visit times may be considered on an individual basis).

Scheduling
Appointments must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance. For visits during the months of September and February, please contact us to schedule your appointment as early as possible to ensure availability during these peak times in the school semester. All appointments will be scheduled for one hour unless otherwise requested. Please note that reservations are offered on a first come, first served basis and our print study room is closed during exhibition installation.

how fucking dope is that. i'm gonna see "The Perfect Tomato" and "Candy Cigarette" in person. i think their copy of "The Perfect Tomato" is an enlargment and their copy of "Candy Cigarette" is a contact print. might as well see "Eyeless in Col Alto" and "The Wet Bed" again. holy fuck i wish they had "Sempervirens 'Stricta," "Gorjus," and "Scarred Tree," but i am more than thankful for what they do have. not sure what else i wanna see yet. gotta build my list. they say the viewing is an hour, so maybe i'll go with those four the first time. 15 minutes each isn't that long. i stared at "Eyeless in Col Alto" for over an hour when it was up. about the same for The Wet Bed, when the cincinnati contemporary art center had a print of it on display.

i was looking at a cindy sherman print at the art institute, and a docent or hopefully a security guard told me i wasn't allowed to stand so close to the "poster."

Last edited:
20200323-190143.jpg

etizolam%2BFINAL.jpg

took out a pack of spectra for old time's sake. actually i had edit: mania.

minolta instant pro

Last edited:
nice! that what it look like outside you your house right now? fuck. not what it looks like outside here.

like an urban tundra zombie apocalypse land outside my apartment. though kinda sunny.

I have a Nikon 3200D digital camera, it's great and the resolution and ability to close-up is better than my iPhone, but the phone is what I usually use, mostly because I think it gets better colors. iPhones have really nice cameras for what they are.

nice! that what it look like outside you your house right now? fuck. not what it looks like outside here.

like an urban tundra zombie apocalypse land outside my apartment. though kinda sunny.

Yeah, it's absolutely gorgeous here, all the trees are flowering and everything has come to life. This is one of the prettiest times of the year. And I live outside of city limits, in the forest on a mountainside. There are trails I can walk to from my front door, and a few minutes by car is the Blue Ridge Parkway and Pisgah National Forest.

nice, Lady. real pretty.

you know my new gopro hero8 black cant take photos while recording video? boy, does that piss me off. i'm gonna have to get a fujifilm digital. fuck does that piss me off. you know what they said when i asked if that was gonna change in an update? "we can't tell you." you already know what does.

pfg%2B1080%2Bfinal.jpg

"pfg"

polaroid originals spectra film (which is not really polaroid formula) though a minolta instant pro. scanned on epson v700. postwork in photoshop 2020.

forgot to mention the v700 and ps 2020 for the other two above, but they were used.

Last edited:
it's literally snowing now here :|

If not for the Columbia logo I could be convinced this was a mugshot from the public enemy era, reminds me of John Dillinger

you know my new gopro hero8 black cant take photos while recording video? boy, does that piss me off. i'm gonna have to get a fujifilm digital. fuck does that piss me off. you know what they said when i asked if that was gonna change in an update? "we can't tell you." you already know what does.

you can use the ffmpeg command line utility to grab a frame from the video capture. it's nice little swiss army knife for video editing, you can also string commands together and run them as a script to automate workflows