• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photography Photography Thread vs. BL Shutterbugs unite!

anyone print? my darkroom died when i moved (and was out of order more often than not before that). i got a epson p600 a little over a year ago.

for big prints, matte all the way. pearl on occasion. but when i ordered a new ink set, it came with a free pack of 4 x 6 basic photo glossy. at first i thought that silly, but the p600 can do borderless and the results are perfect for inducing one-hour-drugstore-print nostalgia. they don’t use much ink, and it takes all of a couple days of non-use for the p600 to clog. so doing one a day or one every other keeps it tiptop without draining levels.

I'm not sure what the ens is called. Whatever the lens is that comes with a new Nikon 3200D. It's nice, but I just want some options.

would it be stupid to delete my instagram? you can’t even post nipples or drug use other than alcohol on there. i’m blocked from using it on desktop and there is no customer support to contact. there used to be a great community of photographers but it’s overrun with bots and feature accounts, so it difficult to connect with them now.

but i can’t name a single practicing photographer who doesn’t have one. i kinda wanna print and post on my own website and be done with it.

also trying not to be rash.

Post high-rez versions on your own site and syndicate the low-rez versions of whatever is acceptable on Instagram, that way you benefit from the reach of the platform but also hold the keys to the kingdom of your portfolio

word. i'm glad i did not delete it. and i can post from a desktop now. or a web browser is what i mean. i deactivated, and when i reactivated all the sudden i didn't need the app to post anymore.

a couple years ago instagram was insane. in a good way. i want whatever's next. wanna hop on right as it peaks in popularity but before it monetizes. got super lucky with instagram. it already its wide posts (as opposed to square only) and a huge audience, but i got a couple years in before it ditched hashtags and chrono-feed in favor of algorithms, paid posts, and stories.

reminds me of tumblr imploding. 1280 pixels. now life is in 1080.

like the shot of the dam, schizo.

there's an app people are using to soften their face. i think they're all using the same app because it makes their cheeks pink in a recognizable way. it is ruining billions of photos.

This is a photo I took of (I think) an Indian Paintbrush, when my girl and I were camping/volunteering at a 9000-foot elevation wolf sanctuary in Colorado. Pretty sure I used the vivid filter on my iPhone but I love how vibrant it looks... they looked pretty much just like this in real life and without the vivid filter I didn't feel like the photos were doing it justice:

dnFhbPF.jpg

Some mountains around there and the road... I like the composition of this one (also iPhone... assume that unless I specify otherwise):

Xxwh7aH.jpg

This was at Great Sand Dunes national park, same trip, the day before the wolf sanctuary. We hiked up this pass up to like 11,000 feet. At one point outran a storm that suddenly appeared. On the way back down I got this picture, looking down at the dunes:

D6cG6gz.jpg

A few more from that trip:

b8bNRwK.jpg

oPliSIh.jpg

The next one is a picture of a bright blue sky from under some branches, with some clouds. But using the "noir" filter on my iPhone, which creates such a dramatic and gorgeous black and white effect:

uyBSr6P.jpg

bbY9YxU.jpg

Change of time and place, but I just saw one of my favorites, looking through my imgur. I won a photo contest with this one I'm pretty sure... but damn do I love this picture. My girl and I were on a hike on a warm late winter day. There was still snow and ice but everything was melting. I found this frozen waterfall and took a close-up:

oSCbo9d.jpg

oPliSIh.jpg

The next one is a picture of a bright blue sky from under some branches, with some clouds. But using the "noir" filter on my iPhone, which creates such a dramatic and gorgeous black and white effect:

uyBSr6P.jpg

bbY9YxU.jpg

My God these are amazing & I'm in love with the tree one. This stuff is 100% up my street & a style I just love.
For some reason I just love monochrome / black & white stuff.

You ever seen the work of Daido Moriyama or Takuma Nakahira?
I went all the way from Birmingham city on a bus to Tate modern in London to see a show they had by Daido Moriyama, his work hits me so hard, it moves me for some reason in a deep way more than anyone else inphotography.

This is one of my most loved Nakahira photos, you should also check the paintings of Brion Gysin too, I got a feeling you'll love them as much as I do.

Takuma-Nakahira_cover.jpg

Damn, it was warm here today. But getting pretty chilly at night. Where I am winter doesn't really hit til late November or early December. And it's over by late March. I grew up in longer and colder winters than that though. Growing up, we'd go up to northern Wisconsin in the summer and winter, basically to as far north as you could go until Canada, and it would start getting dark by 4pm, and not get light until later. Pretty long winters up there.

Jfo5Dvc.jpg

s7SOuPY.jpg

Gotta buy 2 new SSD's, reinstall my fuuckin laptop, fuck...... haha yeah so it pretty messed up, I lost some stuffs because my SSD got fucked up?.. and I payed bout $50 to restore my shits, some were corrupted the dude said that it wasn't his fault, at least I got some of them back. I had personal things and yeah, I still use Windows 8 but my macOS that I mostly use for travelling had some firmware glitches, now it works. Gotta update my camera firmware too. Shet. Anyway it will be done but it will eat few hrs of my day, I think I can clock it out in 3hrs? this included the full reinstall with drivers, etc. Anyway's till done I think I will play some games on my PS4, recently bought ''Concrete Genie'' it's for kids but I love it, the visual in this game it's fuckin amazing, haha.

Last edited: