• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photography Photography Thread vs. BL Shutterbugs unite!

The Ansel Adams mention reminds me of some black and white photos I took relatively recently on vacation in Colorado, I can't remember if I posted these then. They're once again using just my iPhone, with the Noir filter on.

oPliSIh.jpg

Slhz6cc.jpg

Years ago I was doing a lot of photography of water using a very high frame rate to capture detail, using my Nikon 3200D. I always liked this one, it's a picture of a glass of water from above while I'm stomping my foot on my deck, and the glass it resting on a metal rack:

Z6lRZcN.jpg

One day I found a tiny waterfall (like 8 inches high) in a creek and got up close and photographed the splashing from it:

xuR7xr0.jpg

And here is a thing I was doing where I was placing a glass bowl full of water on top of some of my art that I had painted on wood blocks, and tapping the water with a straw and photographing the art through the water:

xso8jiO.jpg

The Ansel Adams mention reminds me of some black and white photos I took relatively recently on vacation in Colorado, I can't remember if I posted these then. They're once again using just my iPhone, with the Noir filter on.

oPliSIh.jpg

Slhz6cc.jpg

Most excellent work there, that is 100% up my street & taste.
Post more.....alot more I say.

Thanks! Glad you like them. Here are three more in black and white from that trip.

A7ermZk.jpg

uyBSr6P.jpg

bbY9YxU.jpg

@Xorkoth

You go a website or some page etc?.......
You got skill, I love it & I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.

My favourite though I really like 'em all but this one really smacks you in the face like a brick & gives me a "feeling" I always look for.
Hanzawa Yusuke has said to me several times photography is about "feeling" first before you actually LOOK at the photo & his right, his where he is because he knows what his on about =D

@Xorkoth

You go a website or some page etc?.......
You got skill, I love it & I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.

Thanks man. :) Likewise, I really like your style. I don't have a page or anything, no. I have mostly just posted here. I have a ton of other pictures using various filters from that same Colorado vacation that I still just have on my phone, when I get some time I'll try to pick some good ones.

I used to paint and sell my work, during that time I got a Nikon 3200D to take print photos of my pieces but then I started getting into photography too. I made prints of some of my better photos. I've since moved to focusing on my music so I don't photograph as much but I do love it.

Beautiful. How do you get the light so bright in some of your photos (like the one 2 posts ago)? Long exposure time?

wOW!

How was that taken? Luck or skill? Setup?

Really like that. Just looking at is bring my inner child out to play :)

I want to make it 100% clear I DON'T support anything Antifa linked, I find them as foul as any far-right group.

I want to make it 100% clear I DON'T support anything Antifa linked, I find them as foul as any far-right group.

We don't care about politics in LAVA, so no worries. Who ever you are, thank you for bringing some class to LAVA with your photography :)

What part of the US was the antifa squat shot taken around?

We don't care about politics in LAVA, so no worries. Who ever you are, thank you for bringing some class to LAVA with your photography :)

Thanks for the kind words, I got some hassle on my Facebook page for page for posting that which is why I said the above.

What part of the US was the antifa squat shot taken around?

UK (England) at the 2nd city called Birmingham.