• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photography Photography Thread vs. BL Shutterbugs unite!

20597050_10213707422987817_7222176197385854585_n.jpg

This is my favourite

BehindTheShadow.......

Was taken around 5pm in London, UK as I was walking back to Victoria Coach Station, what pulled me to it was the way the sunlight was cutting through & the way it cast itself across the floor.

I usually shoot in b&w then mess with it a bit to get that "Daido Moriyama" look but every now & then it just has to be in colour I find. Thanks for the comment btw, it really does mean a lot to me.

Keep 'em coming Zopiclone--these are wonderful. Thanks for sharing them.<3

The first photo I took when I picked up a camera & tried to take it up in a "proper" way. I had just been released from a secure mental health unit after going totally mad on a-pvp (been awake & smoking for 8 days) & decided to try & keep sober by taking my time up with photography.

I like to think the "roots of my style" can be seen here, looking back at it I am still kinda pleased in many ways with it though now I can also see several faults in it too.

13880369_10210032133227870_5882764496838214040_n.jpg

Do people really like my stuff or am I being "trolled" in some weird way?
I only posted my stuff because......well God knows to be honest, I saw a thread for photographs & felt I would share my stuff. I'll be honest here I question myself all the time with my work & am quite protective of what I do, I really "feel" what I shoot & I guess through the whole on my 30ish years of life due to dyspraxia (see link at the end of post) I have "failed" at a lot of things, been called retarded, fucking dumb etc know a "normal" life is beyond what I can ever hope for & get a real pleasure from photography & would prefer if people really don't like my stuff just to tell me & I will never post anything again on here for the work I do, I will still give praise etc to folks though as photography is a true passion of mine & I like to encourage folks who also do it.

I will only ask once but if people really, 100% honest like my stuff let me know but I get the feeling folks are taking the piss outta me for some reason, I am so used to people taking the piss outta me & calling me retarded, fucking waste of space etc it feels weird to be given praise & told I am good at something.

Dyspraxia Foundation
https://dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk/dyspraxia-adults/

nah, your stuff is awesome man. no trolllin' :)

you've got a bit of a gift there i think. sincerely!

it sucks that people put you down, but i've been enjoying your contributions and i hope you keep it up and stick around.
i'm especially enjoying your photography.

Yeah I really do think your photography is awesome, very unique! Keep it coming, if you want to. :)

ZB-Seriously, it's exceptional, and that's the God's Honest Truth. Very captivating with the contrasts IMO. Anybody gives you any guff around here it's because of jealousy. In fact you're raising the bar, I can't post my hum-drum stuff and need to challenge myself to even be in the same league as yourself, Please keep it up! %)
-----
Cool Broc Xork! It looks like it could go into a Mandelbrot set if you went super macro.

@spacejunk.......Xorkoth......Jekyl Anhydride

Thanks for the comments from you all, I was truly touched :)

I'm off to the city tomorrow & going to do my very best to NOT score, I'll stick something up when I am back but it'll be UK time.
Thanks again :D

I can't post my hum-drum stuff
I used to think the same thing Jekyl Anhydride but I have never had a proper lesson or anything like that, I just looked at the work of people I like & spent hours messing around with my camera & learned my trial & error, if I can do it you can too.

What stuff do you like to look at & what is pleasing to your eye?

I'm off to the city tomorrow & going to do my very best to NOT score

you mean going downtown? don?t bring cash. maybe even leave your atm card and only bring a credit card. whenever i go downtown i make sure i don?t have cash and it works really well for me. where as if i have a $20, it doesn?t matter how determined i am or how little it was on my mind; i?m sure to abandon whatever errand i was on and come home with boy if i?m lucky or hard if i really fucked up.

I used to think the same thing Jekyl Anhydride but I have never had a proper lesson or anything like that, I just looked at the work of people I like & spent hours messing around with my camera & learned my trial & error, if I can do it you can too.

What stuff do you like to look at & what is pleasing to your eye?

I'm a nature nut, like the huge Sequoia Trees not too far from the Southern California coast, they're massive and a beautiful reddish color that contrasts nicely with the lush green underbrush. 2nd would be the ocean & cliffs not too far away either, rock formations and long bridges over cliffs and surf do for me as well. Maybe after a few thousand hours of work/ practice on my part & we will be comparable. Even then sometimes you just have to own "the right eye" that can conceive of stunning shots. Be good in the city now and post, post ,post! :)

It's all about what you see beauty in jekyl, you tend to do better when it's something that you find beauty in, rather than "people will like this".

Guess I'll post this here for ZB to judge lol, found some beauty man.

w05pic.jpg

I used to really like Ansel Adams work , then again so did lots of other people, so maybe there's a compromise. Not that I'd be selling prints anytime soon lol.

31CWnyQ-ueL._UX250_.jpg

Morning or maybe afternoon folks (well it's just gone 1pm here & my belly full of Green Monster & Cornish pasty :))

Just waiting for the pawn shop to open from their lunch & I got my bus ticket for unlimited travel for the day too, I really cannot wait to get back onto the streets today as I have been out of action for a good few days.

For the people that sent me a message I use Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ200 Digital Bridge Camera with the Leica lens but used a cheap compact for ages, you have to have a good eye before you ever think of what cameras you use, lens etc......

I'll be doing stuff now on a daily basis on my FB page if anyone cares
https://www.facebook.com/MGW-Photography-190164171728092/

Here is a shot I took on a really OLD compact that I got for ?15 btw.

18767362_10212975706015350_3708336883659373277_n.jpg

For those that asked........I am outta here to go get to the shop & get my pride & joy back thank god.
I did score today sadly but it was only a 0.2g bag, I swear though my photography is more important & some of the comments I had on here have really touched me & made me think I CAN FUCKING DO IT & I DO HAVE SKILL, you lot know who you are.

Peace folks, have a good day & may the Gods bless you with great shots too.

666-panasonic-lumix-dmc-fz200-lens-extended-1_1348667326.jpg