• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Photography Photography Thread vs. BL Shutterbugs unite!

Captain.Heroin

«« Lounge Pariah »» Sr. Moderator: H&R, Words, SLR
Staff member
um is it a umm embeded link or... cfc knows he's an internet wizz

DopeM

☔ Rain Man ☔
They're all uploaded to the same place. I'd upload them directly here but the file size is too big. I seem to have that problem in many facets of my life iykwim....

DopeM

☔ Rain Man ☔
In going with, "it's bc the shadowmeister lives and won't have photographic evidence of such events out there...."

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
i was a the columbia college museum of contemporary photography today and i was talking to one of the staff about the prints that were part of their collection but not currently up. she told me they almost never display sally mann prints but you can schedule special viewings. i asked how much. it's free! all you have to do is schedule it.

Groups, individuals, and classes may arrange a viewing of prints from the museum’s permanent collection and Midwest Photographers Project. Print viewings are offered free of charge. A member of the MoCP’s staff will be available at all times to handle the artworks. For a docent guided lecture, you may select one of the twelve topics above. Or, for a self-led discussion, you may select up to 20 collection objects or five MPP portfolios. To help create your list of requested work, you can view the entire collection online here.

Hours
By appointment only Monday through Friday from 10 am to 4:30 pm and Thursdays until 7:30 pm (Other visit times may be considered on an individual basis).

Scheduling
Appointments must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance. For visits during the months of September and February, please contact us to schedule your appointment as early as possible to ensure availability during these peak times in the school semester. All appointments will be scheduled for one hour unless otherwise requested. Please note that reservations are offered on a first come, first served basis and our print study room is closed during exhibition installation.
how fucking dope is that. i'm gonna see "The Perfect Tomato" and "Candy Cigarette" in person. i think their copy of "The Perfect Tomato" is an enlargment and their copy of "Candy Cigarette" is a contact print. might as well see "Eyeless in Col Alto" and "The Wet Bed" again. holy fuck i wish they had "Sempervirens 'Stricta," "Gorjus," and "Scarred Tree," but i am more than thankful for what they do have. not sure what else i wanna see yet. gotta build my list. they say the viewing is an hour, so maybe i'll go with those four the first time. 15 minutes each isn't that long. i stared at "Eyeless in Col Alto" for over an hour when it was up. about the same for The Wet Bed, when the cincinnati contemporary art center had a print of it on display.

i was looking at a cindy sherman print at the art institute, and a docent or hopefully a security guard told me i wasn't allowed to stand so close to the "poster."

Last edited: