Photography Photography Thread vs. BL Shutterbugs unite!

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
Morning or maybe afternoon folks (well it's just gone 1pm here & my belly full of Green Monster & Cornish pasty :))

Just waiting for the pawn shop to open from their lunch & I got my bus ticket for unlimited travel for the day too, I really cannot wait to get back onto the streets today as I have been out of action for a good few days.

For the people that sent me a message I use Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ200 Digital Bridge Camera with the Leica lens but used a cheap compact for ages, you have to have a good eye before you ever think of what cameras you use, lens etc......

I'll be doing stuff now on a daily basis on my FB page if anyone cares
https://www.facebook.com/MGW-Photography-190164171728092/

Here is a shot I took on a really OLD compact that I got for ?15 btw.

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
For those that asked........I am outta here to go get to the shop & get my pride & joy back thank god.
I did score today sadly but it was only a 0.2g bag, I swear though my photography is more important & some of the comments I had on here have really touched me & made me think I CAN FUCKING DO IT & I DO HAVE SKILL, you lot know who you are.

Peace folks, have a good day & may the Gods bless you with great shots too.

Xorkoth

Sr. Moderator: PD, TR, TDS, P&S
Staff member
The Ansel Adams mention reminds me of some black and white photos I took relatively recently on vacation in Colorado, I can't remember if I posted these then. They're once again using just my iPhone, with the Noir filter on.

Years ago I was doing a lot of photography of water using a very high frame rate to capture detail, using my Nikon 3200D. I always liked this one, it's a picture of a glass of water from above while I'm stomping my foot on my deck, and the glass it resting on a metal rack:

One day I found a tiny waterfall (like 8 inches high) in a creek and got up close and photographed the splashing from it:

And here is a thing I was doing where I was placing a glass bowl full of water on top of some of my art that I had painted on wood blocks, and tapping the water with a straw and photographing the art through the water:

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
The Ansel Adams mention reminds me of some black and white photos I took relatively recently on vacation in Colorado, I can't remember if I posted these then. They're once again using just my iPhone, with the Noir filter on.

Most excellent work there, that is 100% up my street & taste.
Post more.....alot more I say.

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
My favourite though I really like 'em all but this one really smacks you in the face like a brick & gives me a "feeling" I always look for.
Hanzawa Yusuke has said to me several times photography is about "feeling" first before you actually LOOK at the photo & his right, his where he is because he knows what his on about =D

Xorkoth

Staff member
@Xorkoth

You go a website or some page etc?.......
You got skill, I love it & I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.
Thanks man. :) Likewise, I really like your style. I don't have a page or anything, no. I have mostly just posted here. I have a ton of other pictures using various filters from that same Colorado vacation that I still just have on my phone, when I get some time I'll try to pick some good ones.

I used to paint and sell my work, during that time I got a Nikon 3200D to take print photos of my pieces but then I started getting into photography too. I made prints of some of my better photos. I've since moved to focusing on my music so I don't photograph as much but I do love it.

Xorkoth

Staff member
Beautiful. How do you get the light so bright in some of your photos (like the one 2 posts ago)? Long exposure time?