Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pholcodine

Preme213

Bluelighter
Who knws anything about Pholcodine and how similair is it to Codiene or Promethazine? I've searched around and can't seem to find anything on it.

Feel free to move if this is in the wrong forum.

I done all that.. everything is vague though, nothing on recomended dosage level or whatever, even erowid has nothing.

It's an opioid and chemically related to morphine. It has pretty much no analgesic action and is not ephorigenic, which is why you can walk into a pharmacy and buy it over the counter. Trying to get high off a bottle will probably only just give you the shits because of the amount of sorbitol in it (osmotic laxitive).

It appears to be reasonably easy to overdose on- I've treated 2 in the last year. sketchy, agitated, palpitations, quite atypical for opiates.

the LD50 is almost twice that of codeine, and with the total content available per bottle otc they must have had to drink a hell of a lot. What some people will do to get high eh? Do you remember their plasma conc at all?

merck17 got it in one, the amount of sorbital in it will clean you out once the buzz is over, plus it will make you sweat and wish you took something else. If you buy rikodine forte, the pharmaist will take down you details and write label on it and put your details on the data base to make sure you don't buy too much in a short time span.

The stuff is great if you have a dry cough.

^
True. Short of an opium tincture, it's pretty much the best thing for dry coughs. The generic British Phramaceuticals one they sell in the UK is quite tasty as well! :D

Teddles said:
merck17 got it in one, the amount of sorbital in it will clean you out once the buzz is over, plus it will make you sweat and wish you took something else. If you buy rikodine forte, the pharmaist will take down you details and write label on it and put your details on the data base to make sure you don't buy too much in a short time span.

The stuff is great if you have a dry cough.

Is there Rikodeine Forte? I've had Rikodiene (19mg Dihydrocidene / 19mg sorbitol). I have bought the regular Rikodeine a fair few times and never had my name written down.

*read "fair few times" as once a day*

plain Rikodeine they don't take down your details, Rikodeine forte they will or try to talk you around to their chemist own brand.

What is in Rikodiene Forte? I tried searching for it on the internet and couldn't find any hits for it. Whats the contents of it?

There is only one product in Australian containing dihydrocodeine, and that's Rikodeine. Depending where you are in Australia too depends on what happens when you buy it. NSW regulations for Pharmacist Only Medications don't require them to record details but the pharmacist is "supposed" to do the transaction. Whereas in QLD, the details are recorded (most of the time it's dispensed like an rx) and the pharmacist is involved in the transaction (which may just be the assistant flashing it under their nose. It just depends on the pharmacist and how busy they are if they will come have a word to you. A lot of pharmacy assistants I know are actually a lot more militant than pharmacists I know.

merck17 said:
There is only one product in Australian containing dihydrocodeine, and that's Rikodeine. Depending where you are in Australia too depends on what happens when you buy it. NSW regulations for Pharmacist Only Medications don't require them to record details but the pharmacist is "supposed" to do the transaction. Whereas in QLD, the details are recorded (most of the time it's dispensed like an rx) and the pharmacist is involved in the transaction (which may just be the assistant flashing it under their nose. It just depends on the pharmacist and how busy they are if they will come have a word to you. A lot of pharmacy assistants I know are actually a lot more militant than pharmacists I know.

From my experience the pharmacy assistants place me under more scrutiny than the actual pharmacists. Whenever the pharmacists attends to me they give it to me no problems and usually with a bit of chit chat about how opiates are the best cough suppressants.

P.S. Sorry if my grammar and spelling is off, I'm pretty drunk right now.

It's usually the young ones who are suspicious when you buy Rikodeine.
The older folk go on about how good it is. Sometimes they stand there and give you give lots of other advice to help the cough like eating dark chocolate.

h-90 said:
From my experience the pharmacy assistants place me under more scrutiny than the actual pharmacists. Whenever the pharmacists attends to me they give it to me no problems and usually with a bit of chit chat about how opiates are the best cough suppressants.

QUOTE]

Yeah I know...and it's my say at the end of the day anyway :p It pisses the girls off when they get all hard up with some bloke and I just hand it over at the end. No problems, no lectures. IMO it's a better AND safer anti tussitive than other options available (dextromethorphan). That stuff makes me ill. I don't see the addiction risk being all that high...hence again why it's available OTC. Still can't beat my favourite tho....Nucosef. When you got a bad cold, all blocked up, dry cough and feel like shit....it makes it all better :p

That's interesting about the choc. I'll have to look that up. I haven't heard that one before, and I've been doing this for 10 years. There's so many of those secret treatments going round that work really well, I love hearing bout them.

Ahhh, can't find ANY information on removing sorbitol from 200ml Rikodeine and I want to get a dihydrocodeine buzz on right now, since for me it has less side effects than codeine itsaelf and feels more euphoric?

Each 10ml = 19mg dihydrocodeine tartate, and 4.4g sorbitol.

Sorbitol is water soluable as is dihydrocodeine..

Is drinking the whole thing going to totally fuck my stomach up? or just make me shit all night.

Ive got anti histamines on standby for any histamine badness that will come with this high-ish dose (natural opiate tolerance here which sucks), but i'm more worried about the gut pain it may cause, if its just gonna make me shit thats okay. I probably need a good shit anyway. I don't want to drink tonight.

Drank it and didn't taste near as bad as a 200ml Robo DX bottle does.. Was alright actually and got that instant sugar alcohol effect... Hope this clears my throat up, without killing me. I dont have any loperamide handy for stomach pains. Anyone know if aspirin or panadol or ibuprofen can help with stomach pains, or all three combined?

Gonna chuck a val or two into the mix and see how it does.

BTW I don't recommend people who don't know their body to do this much dihydrocodeine or sorbitol at once.
What I've ingested is 380mg of dihydrocodeine. And dihydro is apparently twice as potent as codeine. So that means 760mg of codeine. and 88 grams of sorbitol (maximum daily recommended is 10g) I'll just drink water and eat some carbs/fiber foods.

Codeine at 400-500mg for me is barely anything but side effects and little pupils for half an hour. No euphoria, no nod, nothing.
So hopefully this does something better than drinking a few bottles of wine on valium.

Sweet.. getting chest pain.. awesome! ;)

Edit: made my throat swell up more which isnt good as i can hardly breathe, but had some chlorpheniramine 8mg to smooth things out (anti histamine) and some valium.

still dont see what people see in codeine or oxycontin even.. i have more fun and better cleaner high on clonazepam or valium.

Last edited: