• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Pholcodine causes Anaphylaxis in conjunction with general anesthetic.

JoshLobbs

Bluelight Crew
Pholcodine is a drug used for cough suppression and its often found with DXM in nIght time cough syrup. I do not know the specific mechanism of action but it creates antibodies linked to fatality's during operations. these antibodies stay in your system for years, i would assume they lower in risk the lower the antibody count but idk.

source: Pholcodine - Wikipedia

Pholcodine is a drug used for cough suppression and its often found with DXM in nIght time cough syrup
"Often found"? In what countries? It's banned in the US and here in Canada I have never once seen a cough and cold product with pholcodeine in it.
In fact I haven't ever seen any pholcodeine in my neck of the woods.

Also, from the same wikipedia page:
the European Medicines Agency's 2012 "Assessment report for Pholcodine containing medicinal products" concludes this: The Committee considered that evidence of an association between pholcodine use and development of NMBA-related anaphylaxis is circumstantial, not entirely consistent and therefore does not support the conclusion that there is a significant risk of cross-sensitisation to NMBAs and subsequent development of anaphylaxis during surgery.

Boots pharmacy in Brittan stocks DMX and pholcodine as a night time cough syrup.