• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Phillip Island] - - - Pyramid Rock Festival, 29th December - 1st Jan 2007. REVIEWS

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT

Bluelighter
The full line-up;

SILVERCHAIR, THE LIVING END, UGLY DUCKLING (USA), XAVIER RUDD, EVERMORE, THE FREESTYLERS (UK), END OF FASHION, MYLO DJ SET (UK), THE GRATES, THE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, BRANT BJORK AND THE BROS (USA), FAKER, LIOR, KARNIVOOL, CRAZY PENIS (UK), TZU, TRUE LIVE, MIA DYSON, ASH GRUNWALD, THAT ONE GUY (USA), SUNK LOTO, THE CASANOVAS, BOMBA, BERTIE BLACKMAN, FOREIGN HEIGHTS, K-OSCILLATE, CARUS & THE TRUE BELIEVERS, BEHIND CRIMSON EYES, THE LOOSE CANNONS (UK), THE SPAZZYS, BLISS N ESO, SOMETHING WITH NUMBERS, THE RED EYES, THE JOSH OWEN BAND, ROB SAWYER, JESS McAVOY, IllZILLA, MAMMAL, SUB FOCUS (UK), BEN QUIN, DURBEYFIELD, LOWRIDER, DIGITAL PRIMATE, SIMON SLIEKER, BUSHIDO, THE LEGS, THE LONG WALK HOME, CRIMSON FLAMES, MUSHROOM GIANT, DES PERES, DJ CECILLE.
More info. here

Three days on picturesque Phillip Island with penguins, the sea, the surf and a whole lot of bands to ring in the new year. :)

Tickets are now completely sold out and this is set to be one to remember!
venueshot.jpg

I'm personally popping my commercial music festival cherry in true style, as I'll be working on the gates admitting all you crazy revellers.

So, who's with me? ;)

Awesome post COTB :)

Great to see some more alternative festivals other than electronic dance parties being posted.

Packing now, will be leaving in a few...

The setlist is now up! So very very excited, my favourite band in the world is playing on my birthday night!!! =D
Anyone attending, you'll find me front and centre at the main stage on Saturday at 11:10pm --- or you may run into me slapping on wrist bands at the entrance when you arrive. ;)
SetList.gif

holy crap.

if that wasn't the best thing i have ever been to, i don't know what is...

an unbelieable setting, fantastic crowd and a top group of mates to share it with equates for a mindblowing time..

for once in my life, i get through a massive weekend of partying without regretting a thing.. fucking tops!!!!!

btw - for ultimate fun, pack yourself some swing chairs next time you go to a festival... makes for awesome times.

will post some great pics soon :)

Best New Years EVER!

Need sleep... Will post more later..

I love you guys!!!

One Day, we might be on Television, we might be on TV :p

Last edited:
deeCee said:

exactly. keep your eyes to the box for a very trashed muzby being interviewed on a swing.

yay for quasi-semi-almost-middy celeb status.

muzby said:
exactly. keep your eyes to the box for a very trashed muzby being interviewed on a swing.

yay for quasi-semi-almost-middy celeb status.

I say look in the background for the guy with the awesome t-shirt. I heard he got plenty of attention! ;)

I still don't reckon there will be much audio on the interview, as there was some crazy fat guy yelling cunt this and cunt that whilst filming ;) hehe classy act indeed

muzby said:
btw - for ultimate fun, pack yourself some swing chairs next time you go to a festival... makes for awesome times.

Dam Pop's outdoor swing chairs really are getting a good life of travelling aren't they? :D

Agreed, Muz. You're absolutly on the money - best 5 days I've had in a long time! Amazing, amazing fun; although New Years wasn't that big of a deal for me [bed just after the countdown, haha] -- I was more pumped for my birthday [the 30th]. :)

Musical highlights for me include the following;
  • Listening to the strains of Something with numbers from my tent.
  • Bertie Blackman giving a passionate and absolutely mind-blowing set the morning of NYE to a small group of devotees.
  • Watching True Live give a fantastic set and get the crowd absolutely rocking as I got started on my birthday afternoon/eve of debauchery. ;)
  • Losing my thong in the mosh pit whilst screaming and rocking my little socks off to Silverchair.
  • My new best festival friend Hamish lifting me on his shoulders and jumping around like a mad man during aforementioned set. For the whole. Time. Superman!
  • Rocking out hardcore stylez to Sunk who, wanted the crowd to fucking go nuts and and didn't '..give a fuck whether we hated metal or not'. \m/
  • Going crazy broadway stylez to TZU and their smooth ad-libbing and freeastyling. Those boys have class, damnit!!
  • Dancing on a couch on the hill in front of the main-stage with my posse for Xavier Rudd, and doing aeroplanes into unsuspecting listeners.
  • Crooning along to Evermore and watching my arms break out in goosebumps at every second song.
  • Hailing in the new year to K-Oscilate in the dance tent -- stuff The Living End bringing in the new year. What a joke. :p

Other highlights included the following;
  • Waking up on NYE-day to find a gorgeous turtle drawn in the dust on my friends' car.
  • Working on the entrance gate searching cars, wrist banding and directing traffic. What a laugh! Kudos to all of you crazy mofo's who made light of the lines and shared your crazy stories and your drinks in the queue. Not so much to the dude who was paralytic in someone's utility tray vomiting on himself as he had drunk all his alcohol to avoid having it confiscated.
  • The delicious food!!! Hare Krishna plates [awesome ++]; baked potatoes; corn on the cobb [on a stick] and snow-cones with raspberry syrup. Oh-so-good.
  • Having my first jagerbomb ever to celebrate the day of my birth and really not minding it at all.
  • Not buying a single drink for myself or anyone else I was partying with [including randoms] the whole day of my birthday. Oh, the kindness of strangers [and boy bar-staff]. =D
  • Playing with my crazy glowing ball at night and completely confusing several heavilly trashed people.

..as you can see, many many highlights. The whole experience was fantastic - the crowd, the music [on the whole], the set-up, the organisers and the venue.
The only down-sides were hearing about a drowning which hapenned out near the rock [clearly fenced off with much signage, so it was no wonder really] and taking TEN HOURS to arrive back in Melbourne after all was said and done. A logistical nightmare.

Still, I give this two enthusiastic thumbs up!!! I shall also be posting many photos very soon.

deeCee said:
Best New Years EVER!

Need sleep... Will post more later..

I love you guys!!!

After thinking long and hard there is no way I can do a review post and give the party the justice it deserves. So some quick thank you's..

The Crew! I love you guys!
The Swing Chair's, if you had lady part's I would do naughty things to you for all the fun you gave us.
The people that moved so we can have the best vantage point for the swings.
The hundred's of randoms that came by the swings, way too many stories!
Hot Chicks!! %) :p
BEAT magazine & Channel 31.
Daz & Russ, may you always be fucked up drunks and turn up at the most opportunistic times:p
Foam Swords, whether it be belting each other, randoms or watching randoms belt each other.
Something with Numbers, The Josh Owen Band, Karnivool, Mylo, Bomba, TZU, Xavier Rudd, Ugly Duckling, Evermore, The Living End.
Evermore - Running ... Priceless moment!
True Live, you get a special mention on your own, cause you made my world!
My T-Shirt, once again without fail, you provide endless entertainment and puzzled looks, followed by, THATS FUCKING COOL.
Beer, $5 it could be a lot worse.
Security, always managed to get some sort of entertainment out of you.
The Kids I used to coach in basketball, it's not my fault I swear! 8o
Cassie, cause that's just fucking funny! =D
Nadine, ;)

and three Fuck YOU'S!! :X
The CUNTS that pillaged and trashed camp sites just before New Years when no one was around.:X
The CUNT that stole my hat from behind and ran off! :X I will always remember you, you were wearing red I think.. 8)
The clouds for covering up the first sunrise of the year :(

Fuck, that was longer then intended, and still doesn't do it justice...

Last edited:
photo time:

silverchair:

dsc00057ma3.jpg

karnivool:

dsc00040rx1.jpg

the view:

the (blurry) crowd

the first (blurry) sunrise of the year - note to self - if a picture looks fine as you take it when munted, it's not fine. its blurry.

Well my name is Andy C and I can guarantee,
That if you wanna be down, then down is where I'll be
I'm on Fresh Mode, I rock Fresh Mode,
I rap Fresh Mode, I'm on Fresh Mode!

And I'm Dizzy Dustin, bustin, that's my trade,
And all you sucker alligators gotta get soufled,
I'm on Fresh Mode, I'm on Fresh Mode,
I'm on Fresh Mode, I'm on Fresh Mode,

---------

didn't even know this event existed ... would have liked to go had i been around ... looks like a fucken awesome time was had!!

Photos at laaaaast.

MeChrisNight.jpg

^Me and one of my besties at Pyramid.
MeChloseHamishSeat2.jpg

^My best festival friends on Pop + FaTz's swings.
GeoffMePose.jpg

^Strike a pose!
MeVolunteerCars.jpg

^Rocking the volunteering outfit.
MeVolunteer.jpg

^Work it!!
DirtyFeet.jpg

^The state of my feet after volunteering for 5 hours.
MeCrowd.jpg

^Me and the crowd.

ToiletFlush.jpg

^The toilets had dam water to flush them due to the restrictions.
TheMotleyCrew.jpg

^Team volunteer.
Silverchair.jpg

^The chair. :)
OceanFirstDay.jpg

^The ocean [before the hoardes arrived].
DrinksList.jpg

^Drinks list.
CampsiteFirstDay.jpg

^Our camping spot.