• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Phentermine Recreational Value

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Hi Bluelighters.

I plan to start taking Phentermine for weight loss and I was wondering if they have any recreational value. I have read mixed opinions about it.

Does it have an effect similar to amphetamines? I just want a little euphoria and feel stimulated and motivated.

Any losses will go right back on and then some once you stop.

-GC

Why do you think it's a bad idea?

Because this is the classic track to stimulant addiction. Take your medication as prescribed, and if you can't do so, then tell your doctor. Stimulants and can be very, very hard on the brain in not much time. For example, you see meth addicts fall out of society pretty fast comparatively. That said, all recreational drugs have their mountainous downsides. There is no "magi bullet" drug or medication to sustainably ease your ills.

I used it couple of times 15 years ago. Literally a couple or so. Was great for a stim, but only used it very a little. Probably wouldnt be good to use extensively. Similiar to propylhexedrine, fun once or twice but nothing much beyond that

Try taking herbal supplements with phenmetrazine for wheight loss, and prefer Methylphenidate which has a more subtle action than phenmetrazine and doesn't tend to make you a stim addict as much as pure dopa releasers like phen while still keeping your mind off eating. Combined with coffee and or tea and a healthy life style, sport and regular walks, especially instead of if you get bored and start eating, will help you install better patterns on the long term, as you have to grow healthier habits while on phen that on its own just makes you skip eating because you're tweaked, which isn't lasting once you've lost enough weight and cease use. As for supplements: Theanine acts on receptors in the brain that regulate sleep, thought patterns, mood and appetite in some ways and lowers tweaky downsides that come with stimulants. Cinnamon essential oil, dried sugared ginger and st-john's wort extract and theanine added to methylphenidate or in your case phen will take you a whole way, and you can keep taking them when you sease taking it which will ease the return to "normal" and keep you from gaining back weight as an alternative to snacking. If you like to do things with your hands like stuffing your face why not start vaping non-nicotinic solutions? They taste like candy and you can dilute caffeine in it which makes it even better! As for the comedown in the evening, if you really feel like snacking (don't forget that during the day you shouldn't skip meals, with one in the morning with protein (egg), yoghurt and whole grain muesli with a glass of antioxydant juice and one in the evening with fibers (whole rice is perfect), white fish or white meat and fruit) then go for rice crackers or low-fat pop-corn and give verveine+ passiflore aubepine flower tea a try if you can't sleep, it works better than 10mg valium!
The best tip is don't make plans for phenmetrazine use, as that's the easiest part, instead make plans for everything that you should do along that in order to improve your lifestyle and health, and only then, will medicating with stimulants for weightloss on the short-term without making a habit out of it be a success on the longer term! If however you decide to keep using ask your doctor for focalin or concerta or if he ceases prescription look for 10mg 4F-MPH pills, or 2-FMA pills, which are the two best alternatives to Adderall or Focalin on the legal market. (From what I know is sold)
Cheers

supposed to be as good as plain amphetamine.

Really? I have read many comments saying it sucks. Basically a pill with all of the nasty side effects from stims with little to no euphoria. However, apparently, just like amphetamines, it suppresses appetite tremendously.

at least thats what ive heard. was touted as a good alternative for amphetamine...

It's definitely profiled as more adrenergic than amphetamine. It also probably has some more directly metabolic effects like facilitating activation of leptin receptors.

Someone said the DAT/NET binding ratio of phentermine is as bad as that of l-methamphetamine, but does that alone tell whether the ratio of monoamine release (not reuptake inhibition) is the same?

Well they wouldn't be the same, but there's more data to analyze.

I'm going to find out a bit more in a minute.

Isn't it normal for CNS stimulants to effect hormones that double as neurotransmitters to be fed into the bloodstream?

From wiki it's unclear if it induces reverse transport. But no surprise there that the NE/D ration is pretty high overall.

It's a bit complicated. Amp and relatives very weakly bind to NET/DAT as a sort of side effect of being absorbed presnynaptically, so they bind to it on the way of making it into presynaptic vesicles, and ultimately get re-released by excytosis. If phentermine induces reverse transport, I'd expect it to be an NDRI, but to a little amount. A high NDRI mechanism would point more logically to it just being an NDRI. But wiki says it essentially acts as an agonist of adrenergic receptors, yet it's still unclear if the facilitated exchange diffusion occurs.

I don't know much about the biology of TAAR activation causing secondary neurotransmitter systems to be activated, but I do know that it means more activation. TAAR1 is the most studied.

One source calls is an "atypical amphetamine". From another (somewhat suspect) source: "stimulates neuron bundles to release a particular group of neurotransmitters known as catecholamines ", which kind of sounds like reverse transport?

So as of 2012 they use it in conjunction with topiramate for obesity, allowing them to decrease phentermine levels, which in the end is best. Topiramate is an anticonvulsant and mood stabilizer, so I couldn't guess how it reduces hunger. Perhaps more GABA calming people whose body is otherwise telling their brain that they are in desperate need of food. But then again if this were true, we'd see others of the same class in use.

I still don't understand why they don't use phentermine, and relatives like diethylpropion, for ADHD, as their profile shows them to be less abusable. Amphetamine and methylphenidate used to be used for hunger.

edit: it's well-known that ethanol and even more pure GABA-promoting drugs like benzos can induce hunger, so the above hypothesis is dubious.

Last edited:
I used to take this only before football games and ended up taking it for just about any reason after i developed a huge liking for it.

It was very similar to Adderall imo. But the body high/rush was alot sharper and harsh rather than more of a mental crispy rush.

I would definitely try another route before committing to this method if i were in your shoes.
But no matter what you do to try and lose the weight, i wish you good luck and you can do it. 👍

Gaffy, where exactly are you that you're experienced with Phenmetrazine (Preludin)? I'm wicked curious.

A friend gave me two 37.5 mg pills to try it out.
To my surprise, it made me lose my appetite a lot. I ate like 1,200 kcals (tracked by MyFitnessPal) during the day and I couldn't even finish my dinner.
Recreationally, I didn't feel much euphoria, but that may have been because I had taken tramadol in the morning (a dangerous and stupid mix, I know). Another thing that I liked is that I felt more sociable, talkative and energetic on this med. It even made me feel less anxious to my surprise (but this may have been an effect of tramadol, I don't know). The only shitty side effect is that they made me sweat a lot during the first hour I took it.

But no matter what you do to try and lose the weight, i wish you good luck and you can do it. 👍

Thanks man.
It's quite hard to lose weight and have a healthy diet when you are quitting tramadol or any other opioid. High-sugar food cravings makes it very difficult for me to lose weight.

No euphoria... It's not the 1850's they don't hand out euphoric drugs anymore ;/
My experience with it was it's a functional, subtle stimulant. Nothing to write home about.
Also weight loss is safely achieved by diet and exercise (a lifestyle change, I've heard), like someone mentioned above: Any losses will go right back on and then some once you stop.
Be safe!

It's a little bit euphoric but don't take more than is prescribed as it's so long lasting. I wish I could get some again. Makes you horny from memory. Or it did me. Listening to music is good on it.

It's a little bit euphoric but don't take more than is prescribed as it's so long lasting. I wish I could get some again. Makes you horny from memory. Or it did me. Listening to music is good on it.

Did it make you sweat a lot and give you some palpitations? Those are the only annoying side effects that I noticed.
As an appetite suppressant, I was quite surprised. It works excellent. But the body may end up getting used to it.
I wonder how it compares to Vyvanse.