• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenobarbital, primidon question

Memantine

Bluelighter
Are these AMPA receptor antagonists? How do they compare to bezodiazepines in effect? Do they give tolerance and dependence as fast as benzodiazepines?

Phenobarbital is a barbiturate.

Barbiturates act on the GABA receptor, and are just as, if not more, habit-forming than benzos. The primary difference is that benzos are almost impossible to OD on unless combined with large doses of other CNS depressants, whereas barbiturates alone can quickly put you in a slumber you won't wake up from.

Yes the most common form this med is scripted is as a highly concentrated Syrup used to euthanize people

Yes the most common form this med is scripted is as a highly concentrated Syrup used to euthanize people

What? No, I think you are thinking of pentobarbital. Phenobarbital is most commonly dispensed as tablets or oral solution that is not highly concentrated for treatment of epilepsy.

You are right kitty i mixed them up as far as i van tell Pento is not only more potent but more centrally acting and therefore more sought out as à drug of abuse and as means to end ones life