• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Phenobarbital one moderate dose per week = tolerance and IQ decline?

Memantine

Bluelighter
Hi,

I was wondering if I can use one moderate dose of Phenobarbital per week without losing my IQ or developing tolerance? I know it has a very long half life.

No, using it once a week will make you a retard who needs 1000mg a day to live.

Serious answer: you'll be fine.

^^^^^^this.

Edit: Phenobarbital has an average half life of about 94 hrs., if I remember correctly. Everyone is different but that's about average. Just because the half-life is over, that by no means means that it is out of your body completely, it only means that the amount in your body has decreased by HALF. in another 94 hrs. it will be HALF of that. So if you take 10 mg. of a drug with a 1 hour half-life, that means that in one hour your body will have eliminated HALF of said drug (5mg.). It will 1/2 again over the next hour, reducing your level to 1/4 of the original dose (2.5mg.). It continues like that until it is completely eliminated or the level is so low it no longer is of any consequence, and beyond detection. The amount your body retains in between dosing should be low enough by the time a week has passed that it is basically eliminated and will no longer be of consequence. You should be fine but I just thought I'd add that because I have noticed a lot of people thinking that because a drug has a certain half-life, it means that the drug is gone from their body in that time frame. It isn't and the belief that it is could wind up causing someone harm, give them a false sense of security, cause them to go into precipitated withdrawals when dosing Bupe, or fail drug screenings. Good day!

Last edited:
Half-life is not directly tied to duration of effect. If you take Phenobarbital it will effect you for the better part of a day, but not longer than that.