• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenobarbital combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn mmp85 what was your dose? Do you know? 16 mg I didn't even really notice.... Neurotin affected me more than the phenobarb, but that could've been due to the combo although neurotin is just not ok for me.

I have no idea because they just handed us our daily meds in little cups, like you see in movies like Girl Interrupted where they throw back a Dixie cup full of pills. They let you keep taking meds you were already prescribed to unless they were narcotics like amphetamines or benzos, for instance they made me replace my adderal with Strattera and my klonopin with Vistaril. I think they also gave us some vitamins the first few days. So it was just a cup full of pills and they were pretty dismissive of any questions about their meds, the running joke was "I bet you weren't so worried about what kind of pills you were taking when you were still 'on the street'" I guess "the street" is recovery slang for the real world but I was like look lady I wasn't taking any pills in any streets I was taking them out of orange bottles with my name on them in my own bathroom I just happened to also like to go to bars afterwards and chase them with straight liquor and then black out.

I'm sure what I took was probably whatever the highest recommended dose for alcohol withdrawal is because to my knowledge we all got the same dose no matter the severity of our drinking. I think they also gave it for benzo withdrawal but that wasn't what I was there for. The opiate addicts got suboxene and muscle relaxers. I don't think there was anything they could give for meth or amphetamine or cocaine although everybody took something so I'm sure they must have been giving them antideppressants or at least Vistaril (they gave out Vistaril for everything. Anxiety of course but I got a bad chest cold or infection, probably bronchitis or something because it lasted over a week and they gave me Vistaril for that. Vistaril and children's cough syrup and a pack of throat lozenges a day. I would have killed someone for plain old cold medicine, not even the good kind with the pseudo ephedrine just the basic stuff they're allowed to leave on the shelves would have been enough to make me happy)

I hear so many people say neurotin and gabipentin were rough but I tried both for anxiety because my doctor at the time told me it was something I could take more of during the day and not get sedated or drowsy like with my klonopin, she actually described gabipentin as something I could "pop like candy". I never felt any affect from either and just gave up on them.

I'm no stranger to in patient units, but you can always ask what meds you are on... At detox I was naming each one by press and joking about not cheeking the phenobarbital to sell.

Gabapentin is just weird. It made me overly euphoric and careless in a way that irritated me due to the level of carelessness the intoxication caused.

Oh yeah they didn't lie or anything they just gave us a hard time about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.