• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Phenmetrazine analogs?

^ Probably because any norephedrine ends up being used for 4-MAR (well it sounds plausable!)

This thread should go up. Phenmetrazine is so much better than speed in so many ways, it doesn't "wear you out" like speed, and it doesn't make you so nervous.

2,5-dimethoxy-4-whatever-substitutions of phenmetrazine would be fun to try too.

2,5-dimethoxy-4-whatever-substitutions of phenmetrazine would be fun to try too.

If anybody went as far as the benzodifuran analogues of the above, I demand they be called the duck/duckling series (re: fly/dragonfly naming) as in my post (April 1st) a couple of years ago! =D

dread said:

Maybe it will be stupid but...
Dosen't secondary amine stop all the psychedelic activity of various phenethylamines?
So 2,5-dimethoxy-4-whatever-phenmetrazine won't be psychedelic... Not so interesting finally?

Thanks and sorry if what I say is stupid...

King Kong said:
Maybe it will be stupid but...
Dosen't secondary amine stop all the psychedelic activity of various phenethylamines?
So 2,5-dimethoxy-4-whatever-phenmetrazine won't be psychedelic... Not so interesting finally?

Thanks and sorry if what I say is stupid...

a primary amine makes it easier for the body to break down the drug, whereas a secondary amine makes it more difficult.
If methamphetamine is more potent and has a longer halflife than amphetamine, and it is a secondary amine, then the same should apply to phenmetrazine. Or what about MDA vs MDMA? We all know MDMA is psychoactive.
Now a tertiary amine... that I believe would be virtually inactive, though I'm sure someone can provide a more accurate response...

Greetings bluelighters, long time lurker. Sorry to revive an old thread but as the phenmetrazine analogues idea seem to be getting a bit more attention recently i felt it was appropriate.
Just from a bit of lurking around it seems a few people have been having ideas:
MDphenmetrazine - From my basic A-Level knowledge of chemistry and some digging around in places i realise that the md moiety doesnt always translate to the 'MD effect' on amphet's. Having said that though phenmet is very similar in structure to amphet. Its also true that it does translate in the case of the cathinones, so the presence of the oxygen doesnt seem to inhibit this desired effect. It would be very nice (seeing as allot of people seem to think phenmet is better than amphet) to come cross something more pleasant than MDMA :) [TouchWood!]

Now a tertiary amine... that I believe would be virtually inactive, though I'm sure someone can provide a more accurate response...

Cocaine is a tertiary amine, and breaks down faster & easier to inactive metabolites than amphetamines do. It just has more metabolites; which needn't be active.

cyferman I agree, Phenmetrazine analogs are an interesting venture. I always thought, somehow to due with a false arbitrary association to the name, of them as a relation to methylphenidates but an inverse (methyl-phen / phen-met), so I consider methylnaphthidate, as a methylphenidate analog, perhaps in relation to phenmetrazine as making "naphthametrazine" or such, but due to the entirely different mode of action (DRI versus DRI); and one adding serotonergic effects to another that has serotonergic effect completely omitted, would likely be inactive. If that's not the case however, it could be the "preludin" version of "ecstasy"/MDMA. ;)

Last edited:
aha i suppose youll have to forgive me, i am one of those that beleieves a MDO bridge in any situation would infact solve world peace :p It is interesting to think of the possible substitutions though, im sure someone more familliar with phenmet could postulate better :\

Last edited: