• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Phenibut withdrawal never took place after months of use

ThePredecessor

Bluelighter
I have been taking phenibut 4x a week for the past 3 months at doses of 10grams to 13grams and when I just stopped the other day I experienced zero signs of withdrawal.. it has been over 72 hours since my last dose and I feel completely normal.:? should I expect something to happen?? Also note that my sleep has stayed constant and my anxiety is still non existent.. and yes it is real phenibut from a verified source.

Ya might be in the clear, you were not taking it everyday, though if you start doing it again like that it could come back to bite ya in the ass....kinda like when I first started opiates and would use 4/5 days stop for two then start again for 4/5 days. Worked for a while, till I started doing it with Poppy Pod Tea instead of Hydrocodone and Methadone(lol, I know Methadone was for two of the days, the rest hydrocodone.) But Phenibut is NOTHING like opiates, but since you weren't using EVERYDAY you might have lucked out...key word being luck...I really don't like Phenibut, it's only fun when you take it every few weeks, thats the only time I got any kinda euphoria from it...though it is good for sleeping and it does help kinda with anxiety(it takes waaaay to fuckin long to kick in, by the time it does your workshift or whatever is halfway over or over) but it does kinda help with anxiety,just takes too long..Anyway

Ya might be in the clear, you were not taking it everyday, though if you start doing it again like that it could come back to bite ya in the ass....kinda like when I first started opiates and would use 4/5 days stop for two then start again for 4/5 days. Worked for a while, till I started doing it with Poppy Pod Tea instead of Hydrocodone and Methadone(lol, I know Methadone was for two of the days, the rest hydrocodone.) But Phenibut is NOTHING like opiates, but since you weren't using EVERYDAY you might have lucked out...key word being luck...I really don't like Phenibut, it's only fun when you take it every few weeks, thats the only time I got any kinda euphoria from it...though it is good for sleeping and it does help kinda with anxiety(it takes waaaay to fuckin long to kick in, by the time it does your workshift or whatever is halfway over or over) but it does kinda help with anxiety,just takes too long..Anyway

that's very interesting to hear, even after doing it every other day I was still able to "feel" euphoria

I wouldn't say you are in the clear until a whole week has passed. Sometimes Gaba withdrawal can be drawn out especially when it's a long acting substance.

^^Yeah, phenibut has a long half-life, it/it's metabolites could still be lingering in your system. I would be prepared for the worst, however I have had one person tell me they would use for 2-3 weeks daily with no withdrawal.

ok so a week has passed with zero withdraw feelings present... I'm kinda worried :p

note: I have been using neurotin every three days at the dose of 4,000 mg for the last 3 years and stopped doing that about 4 months ago and never had any withdrawals from that either... do I have a strong gaba rebound?

I don't know much of anything except my own experience but I would say probably, anecdotally I've seen a couple of people here and there say withdrawal from gaba effects didn't hit until the two week mark... but they where using insanely high amounts for decades.

If you didn't feel anything then consider yourself lucky. You aren't declining mentioning something like you are using some other Gaba product like booze, GHB, lyrica, baclofen, etc ?

Like many others, the withdrawal really hits me at about 36-48 hours after my last dose. I would not be able to tell you if you are in the clear or not, but last time I withdrew from phenibut, I experienced symptoms for about a week.(Dosage was 3 grams phenibut for 2 consecutive days, and perhaps the withdrawal might have been so long from such a low dose and duration due to past abuse with the substance approximately a month earlier.) Anyway, I had a night of drinking at the 5 day mark of this respective withdrawal, and it put me back at square one, causing another me 6 or so days of skin crawling insomnia and hypersensitivity to external stimuli. After another week an half or so of this new and improved withdrawals being over, I had 1 beer 3 nights in a row. This put me back at square one, again.

Each time, the withdrawal got more interesting, and the symptoms varied slightly. This "withdrawal rebound" might be due to kindling, or any other phenomena, but to me it proved that even Minor modulation on GABA-B through minimal amounts of ethanol made the withdrawal syndrome "rebound" in a way.

So my point of this anecdote is: please, at least for a few weeks, avoid your classic GABA-B agonists, because, as posters have mentioned above, you won't know if you're in the clear for AT LEAST a couple of weeks. I did use Kava Kava and L-Theanine during this time, and it didn't appear to slow down any progress, but these minute I touched a beer, my world would tumble back down. But, It might sound like you're in luck. Be careful and prudent.

Maybe you just don't get withdrawal from GABA agonists?

I drank daily for 6 months, cut slowly back when I quit on my own without telling anyone I was doing this (this is really stupid and don't do it but at the time I saw a link here on bluelight that said it was fine to do-but this link/advice are no longer given here), and had no alcohol withdrawal.

Yeah I'm sure there are people that for whatever reason are genetically immune to GABA withdrawal. I still personally wouldn't chance it but it might be possible. Anecdotally I've heard stories from doctors of alcoholics who would drink large amounts for decades dry out every couple of months and be on their feet in no time and never experience any sort of withdrawal no matter how long they abstained.