• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Phenibut WD Help

Adaoud25

Bluelighter
I'm currently taking 11 scoops a morning(roughly 300mgs a scoop). I've been on this dose for a year and would love to be free of it all. I'm wanting to go on a quicker taper then usual. Cold turkey isn't a option, it makes me balled up in my room for 2 weeks. My worst symptoms are depression, insomnia, social anxiety to the max. What supplements can help my receptors recover? I know that there's not much relief on comfort getting off, but something to help my brain refunction.

Well you definitely NEED to taper. I posted a thread here yesterday about coming off of a 25g a day habit.

I took 25g Saturday, around 15g Sunday, and 6g Monday. Then nothing until yesterday, ended up taking 4g and then 2g a few hours later without relief.

I just got a 100g can of it today thankfully. And just took 10g.

As far as supplements I have no idea but I thought this wouldn't be nearly as bad as a heroin, Xanax or alcohol withdrawal. It's the second worst that I've experienced. First being the equivalent of taking around 90-120mg of Xanax twice a day but the half life was 72 hours vs the 8 with Xanax. That was with this devil called flubromazolam.

Anyway. You can do it man and I'm in the same boat as you! I'll look into it and please post back here if you find something that you think can help!

Somewhere I saw this tapering schedule that went something like this..

You take your usual dose ( the guide stated if your above 2g then get down to 2g, you could just start at your 3.3g and go down from there) you start at 3300mg and take that once daily and the same the next day, the following you take 100mg less for 2 more days and so on till your down to like 100mg. You could either drop that by 10mg or 25mg increments. They say it worrks great and you can still sleep. I don't remember if I saw this on reddit or on here but if someone knows I'll edit and give credit where it's due.

Should be much faster for you than it will be for me

Last edited:
The withdrawal from this is no game! I will have some good things at the end of the month for ease.
MEDs
Gabapentin
lunesta

SUPPLEMENTS LINE UP
Daily vitamins
Kava extract(I cannot have kratom in my state :(
Meletonin
Ithienine
Bacoba

I just need ideas on how to fix my broken gaba system structure. Or at least heal it after long term use.

Kava would be good, your probably better off without the kratom. Kratom tends to keep me awake.

I've read that baclofen helps ease the withdraw but the Half-Life is much longer than phenibut and might be more harmful. Than tapering with phenibut IMO.

Bacopa is great for a natural anti seizure med, not sure if it would help your GABA system though.

Chocolate, the darker the better is a good thing you could ingest to improve your GABA system. But in all honesty your not going to be able to repair it until you are off of the phenibut. So you would probably be better off and just taper slowly.

Good luck.

EDIT

I forgot to mention Kanna. Kanna and Kava are both great for relieving anxiety and helping you sleep.

EDIT #2

Also whether or not you believe it, natural light will improve your brain function, regular bulbs or sunlight.
NOT LEDs. Those actually drain us of energy. I read somewhere that only 30% of our energy is from the food we ingest and most of the rest is actually absorbed by our skin through natural light. Incandescent light bulbs and sunlight is where it's at!

Last edited:
Sunlight is amazing. Never heard about dark chocolate. I know I gotta be completely off to actually start the healing process. It's amazing how this stuff cripples my cognition. I can't focus on work or anything for a long time after use. I just feel like I will never be the same as previous phenibut use. I've been addicted to benzos, opiates/opioids, and alcohol. But the psychological withdrawal from phenibut is definitely hell on Earth. It sux that tapering is the best way, cuz if it were up to me I'd just stock up on a week's worth of other things that can kill anxiety(opiates, benzos, gabapentin, Lyrica) and get it over with. Man if there's anything like phenibut without withdrawal effects I'd be on it. This stuff is too good to be true for everyday/ long term use. I don't see the point killing anxiety/social anxiety a few days a week. It's hard for me to just look forward to 1-2 days a week for anxiety relief.

My purpose for my posts is harm reduction. I know quitting phenibut ct is harmful. And to quit with as much comfort as possible is key, keeping my sanity is definitely harm reduction. So I'm open to anything, anything for comfort. I just don't have any access to prescriptions other then gabapentin and lunesta, and that's at the end of the month. I would get unscheduled pharms online. I never ordered any, so idk what site to trust. (I know siting is not allowed). I'd like it for others to chime in and give suggestions.

I am not a doctor but at my doses. I went without anything for about 72 hours and I never once had a seizure or felt one coming on. I have had multiple seizures coming off of Benzos and for the most part that is the reason why people don't suggest CTing phenibut.

But yeah I'm not a doctor but I wouldn't say it would be Really harmful to just CT it but it's much easier to taper

But as far as I know some people do have seizures so it's completely up to you. You did say you've detoxed before CT and I'm assuming you didn't have seizures then so..

I might not get seizures, but my gaba system would be completely thrown off and it would probably take longer to recover ct then just to wean. I think ct off phenibut can permanently damage the way gaba system works. After years of benzo use and final withdrawal 4 yes ago, I still think it disturbs my sleep pattern. Gradual taper will probably leave less risk for changing the chemical balance of gaba, no matter what I'm gonna suffer unwanted side effects. I just don't want to drag it out. This morning I took 3300mgs, tomorrow morning I will be taking 2400mgs and keep it steady there

I'm on my taper and man, it's hard to disipline myself! It's funny how depressing thoughts come from no where while getting off. Thinking of my past failures, ex girlfriends, loss of good jobs, college drop out ect. How do others get through the mind tricks? This is so dehumanizing, if I can I think I would go to a detox clinic for a week to be medicated. But I don't have that luxury. Just to hear that time only makes it better is depressing on its own. I'm close to flushing my stash and drinking for the next 2 weeks straight

Yeah you may be right about it damaging you more, I don't really know enough to argue. I've been watching the other thread and will most likely condense at least my posts into a experience and a usage/taper guide for phenibut if I ever get to single digit gram dosages ( 9g or lower)

Good luck man and it you want you can pm me to get other contact information. So we could talk more of you'd like.

Maybe you should start every morning starting with 5gs. Then deal with whatever comes ur way til bedtime, then dose something small. I don't think my body can tell the difference between 5 or 10 gs. I never black out on phenibut or alcohol, and I can drink for my size! Everyone is different when it comes to this, that's why it's hard giving suggestions and advise. I do wish u luck man. I definitely don't blame the phenibut, I blame my consumption. It isn't for me cuz I can't use it all week. I need something to combat social anxiety more then 2 days a week. But yeah, if I were in ur boat I would just start the morning in the single digits and ajust if need later that day. I only take one dose a day every morning.

I totally understand wanting to quit as soon as possible with with gabaergic drugs it really is worth slowing down your taper and taking your time. It should increase your odds of quitting and also make it much more pleasant. Unless you have to quit in a short period of time for some reason just take your time. Good luck.

I have no reason to quit. I just don't even know who I am anymore without it. I don't want to be controlled like this.

Have you ever tried baclofen? It is a lot like phenibut, albeit much more potent, but IME it is also a lot easier to use as a maintenance pharmacotherapy.

I have mixed ideas on baclofen. People tell me it's nothing like phenibut, and others tell me it's alot stronger with less addictive potential. How was your experience with baclofen compared to phenibut? If I were to switch, what difference should I expect?