• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Phenibut PAWS or still acute?

muskolo

Bluelighter
I'm experienced with phenibut and went through the real harsh withdrawals a couple years ago. However, this time around I've been taking small doses of .3-.5 once or twice a week for 4 months. I've found it can highly agitate me so I stopped and haven't had a dose in 8 days. I have had mild insomnia but I did anyway when in between doses for 3-4 days but that's not my major issue. I am highly pissed off nearly all the time although it does come in waves. I believe that I'm really only this pissed off because I'm still withdrawing or am experiencing a longer term readjustment from stopping the phenibut. Anyway, I know it's a shot in the dark but does anyone have any idea how long it could take before this symptom dissipates?

Thanks.

I would say to really deeply evaluate what all is going on in your life, because it may not be the withdrawals. But then again, it could be, i really dont know.
I would say theyre likely to dissipate within a week. My rebound anxiety from phenibut use (on a schedule quite like yours) only occurred 3 and 5 days after i stopped and it also came in waves. So phenibut has some very odd and unpredictable withdrawals, just let it sit for another week AT THE MOST

I'm experienced with phenibut and went through the real harsh withdrawals a couple years ago. However, this time around I've been taking small doses of .3-.5 once or twice a week for 4 months. I've found it can highly agitate me so I stopped and haven't had a dose in 8 days. I have had mild insomnia but I did anyway when in between doses for 3-4 days but that's not my major issue. I am highly pissed off nearly all the time although it does come in waves. I believe that I'm really only this pissed off because I'm still withdrawing or am experiencing a longer term readjustment from stopping the phenibut. Anyway, I know it's a shot in the dark but does anyone have any idea how long it could take before this symptom dissipates?

Thanks.

Try looking into kava. IME it's better than benzos for chilling you out (be it stress, anger, or anxiety). It also doesn't come with the mental fog or absolute loss of inhibitions

I would say to really deeply evaluate what all is going on in your life, because it may not be the withdrawals. But then again, it could be, i really dont know.
I would say theyre likely to dissipate within a week. My rebound anxiety from phenibut use (on a schedule quite like yours) only occurred 3 and 5 days after i stopped and it also came in waves. So phenibut has some very odd and unpredictable withdrawals, just let it sit for another week AT THE MOST

There is one thing in particular that has been causing my high agitation but I find my raw emotion (although not necessarily openly expressed) abnormal for me. Perhaps you're right but I'm hoping that it's related to using phenibut and will go away soon. Thanks.

I wrote a response but am not sure what happend to it. Phenibut doesn't typically have PAWS nearly as bad as benzo's and opiates. I was hooked on it for many years and got off it with a week of diclazepam. I was back to 100 percent within a few weeks with some lingering social anxiety for maybe 2-3 weeks after stopping diclazepam. Its really a very easy drug to kick I've found. Using one a week should not cause any issues unless you were using 2-3 gram doses in which case you'd possibly have some rebound effects.

Like it was said it could be completely unrelated but a chance its also not. If your still irritable after a few weeks then i'd assume its just you and you probably began using the drug in the first place to calm down and have some peace of mind. Teqniques that involve acceptance and surrender to your thoughts without feeding the irritability seem to work the best. Nothing makes me more irritable than wanting to not be irritable,lol.

Just wanted to update in case anyone in a similar situation is looking to find out what happened ( I hate it when people don't update). It's been 16 days since my last dose of phenibut and the insomnia is completely gone. I fall asleep very easily and sleep a full 8 hours with no problem. I was actually getting excited last night that I was again falling asleep on the first try which kind of jolted me awake for 10 minutes! This has been the case since this past Tuesday which would have been 13 days since my last dose. The agitation/irritability has decreased significantly as well. I still have episodes here and there and it can still be (kind of) intense but it is much more infrequent than it has been. I don't have any doubt that phenibut was my problem even though I kept my doses low with enough time to "wash out". I guess my GABA-B receptors are very sensitive! In any case, I feel much better than I did when I started this thread and probably better than I have in a while. Anyway, thanks for your responses!

Try looking into kava. IME it's better than benzos for chilling you out (be it stress, anger, or anxiety). It also doesn't come with the mental fog or absolute loss of inhibitions

Agreed, I really like kava.

Edit: just saw post above, that's great!