• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenibut numbess and other side effects

Retired Trashcan

Bluelighter
Let me start off by saying that I UTFSE this and couldn't find it. This are occuring at truly heroic doses 8(, which as this is an HR forum, I will leave out. One is a numbing of the skin over the whole body, almost like how one's gums feel when you apply orajel, only a bit milder. Also, because of this, if I gently brush up against something, it feels like a bug crawling on me (spooky) and feeling hot and cold in an exaggerated way, ie. legs and arms feeling very cold where they're exposed to air even tho it's not cold in here.

Another side effect seems to be repetitive movement and zap-twitches, ie. accidentally clicking the mouse three times instead of one, involuntarily rubbing my fingers together and gently slapping my leg. Also with this is involuntary, tourettes-like verbal outbursts, also repetitive.

Although I am actually enjoying all this stuff, I would still like to know: Anyone have any insight into this?

this stuff only occurs when you take a huge dose or when you don't take it, like you're in withdrawal?

this stuff only occurs when you take a huge dose or when you don't take it, like you're in withdrawal?

It would be #1 as I'm definately not in WD. I never have seen these effects before tho, like the numbness and the verbal outbursts

Hey, have not heard from you for a while. From everything I've read, it sounds like you are taking way too much, here's some info I found and I'm going to send you a couple of links too. It seems very little is known about this 'supplement', this information may help, and it's only my opinion but I think you should see a Dr. It is not supposed to used on a daily basis and tolerance depletes fast. Several of the symptoms you are describing are mentioned in the symptoms of abuse.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...gredientId=1184&activeIngredientName=PHENIBUT

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenibut

http://www.raysahelian.com/alcohol.html
[h=2]Phenibut: What is Phenibut?[/h]

[h=3]Phenibut: What is it?[/h] Phenibut was first discovered during the 1960s in Soviet Union (Shulgina, 1986). Since it was discovered, it has been used for treatment of mental and emotional ailments. Phenibut is a type of chemical that is similar to a human’s brain chemical. It is known as gamma-aminobutyric acid or GABA for short (webmd.com). Phenibut normally is used for anxiety treatment. It is also being used for treatment of insomnia, fear, stress, and even tension. Additionally, it is allowed to cross the human’s blood-brain obstruction through phenyl ring.
Many people experience different types of emotional or mental strain that made them use Phenibut as part of their treatment process. However, this chemical is more of a nutritional supplement, which is still not approved in in the United States as one of the pharmaceutical products. On the other hand, in Russia, Phenibut is being purchased as psychotropic medicine. In fact, it is known to have the ability when it comes to neurological function’s improvements even though some medical researchers are still not able to notice these outcomes.
[h=3]How Phenibut works[/h]
Phenibut-Anxiety.jpg

Since Phenibut is similar to a human brain’s chemical, it works almost the same thing as natural. Even though it has not been fully tested and studied on humans, the results of the research on animals show that it can reduce anxiety (Medicinenet). In addition, it also has some effects on the human body. However, since there is still no concrete evidence of its effects, the information may have not been enough to conclude that it provides benefits to humans. There have been claims from various patients, saying that Phenibut helped them with their anxiety and insomnia, but these reports were not academically published to serve its therapeutic effects on humans.
[h=3]What is Phenibut used for?[/h] Due to different circumstances and experiences, many people suffer from mental and emotional ailments. As a result, stress and anxiety occurred, which normally affects the person’s sleeping habits. During this stage, Phenibut is being used to help a person regain his or her sleeping habits such as fighting the symptoms of insomnia. For instance, Phenibut HCL is a natural nootropic, which is known for improving sleep patterns. It also helps in reduction of anxiety and boosts cognitive performance. Based on its usage, Phenibut is ideal for people who suffer from severe stress that result to anxiety and sleep deprivation. Since it has a nootropic stack’s component, which is designed to fight against stress, it can enhance a person’s mood. Sometimes, people use this drug as anxiolytic, especially to reduce social anxiety. Thus, it also serves as an anti-depressant for others.
[h=3]Phenibut: Usage and Dosage[/h] It is important to know if a certain drug works quickly. Therefore, people also need to know its right dosage and usage in order to achieve its safe use and avoid any possible complications. In the case of Phenibut, there are ideal dosages that can be followed especially if it is taken privately. For male, the ideal dosage is between fifteen and seventeen milligrams per pound of his whole body weight (corpina.org). However, in some cases, dosages may vary depending on his health. For example, a healthy male in his early twenties or late teens may take about 2.5 grams of Phenibut, which must be subdivided up to three different doses in one day.
On the other hand, female patients have a different recommended dosage for daily use. The ideal is between eight and ten milligrams per pound of her whole body weight (corpina.org). Same thing with male, dosage may also vary depending on female’s health. For example, a healthy female within the equivalent age, may take one gram as a dose for the day, which can furthermore be subdivided up to three usages within one day.
*Most nootropic users generally take anywhere from 500mg to 1000mg of Phenibut per day.*
[h=3]Phenibut: Short/Long term effects and known side effects[/h]
Phenibut-Stress.jpg

Every drug has its own negative and positive effects. For Phenibut, it provides both the long and short-term effects. One of the known short-term effects and as mentioned earlier is its ability to help a person who suffers stress due to different activities involving his or her daily life. In general, Phenibut could not only provide psychological benefits, but it also adds to a person’s overall benefits in terms of nootropic stack through promoting sleep and reduction of corticosteroids. It in addition fights the unwanted effects of stress by putting a person on his relaxed mind.
On the other hand, one of the long-term effects of Phenibut is the person’s tolerance for this drug. As the person continuously uses it, his or her tolerance increases, which may require him to increase the dosage eventually. As such, the increased tolerance could affect his dependence on Phenibut. That is why; it is advisable to temporarily stop using it for a few days in order to lower the person’s tolerance. Continuous intake of Phenibut could feel slight numbness and limb pain after hours of sleep. However, such incidents are rarely reported as the effects can be reduced through reduction of dosage.

Hey, have not heard from you for a while. From everything I've read, it sounds like you are taking way too much,

Yeah, I know I've been taking too much, too long, double digits on both days and grams. I am currently starting a taper, in particular, I hadn't seen anything about the toureetes type behavior before justcanthelpmyself. Sick thing is, the more crazy symptoms I have, the happier I get. Must be the addict in me 8o This ain't no supplement, except on paper, this is definately a DRUG! I have plenty to taper with, and strangely, no urge to dose all crazy anymore. The symptoms went away as I started this taper, sadly, I miss them already, but don't want to tempt fate by dosing high again.

I've read all the literature you provided and then some, but it only made me (stupidly) want to try harder to get trashed on this stuff. I might add that I LOVE high dose lyrica, which is nearly identical chemically to Phenibut (which is WHY I bought Phenibut in the first place), but don't get these weird symptoms from Lyrica.

OK, in the interest in HR, I just really need to say, this is a stupid thing to do and I'm tapering and getting off this crap accordingly. 12-15g/ day is ridiculously stupid and dangerous. That said, I would appreciate some more feedback on this, if there is anyone out there with some insight into this. Or PM me. TY RT

I've been taking 1.5-2 grams(mostly 2 grams) everyday for a while(about threough with a 100 gram tub, still a week or two more's left still in it, have had it for 3 months) it works great for soicial axietiety. Only annooyting side effects or tiredness and I i have been getting that leg stiffness, but only the last few days when I would take a few grams of Gabapentin with it) but it helps me with anxiety and sleep, and I have no urge to redose, I just take it once when I wake up. The effects are closely related to Gabapentin and I would assume lyrica though I've never had lyrica..people always ask if it feels like a benzo and it doesn't.

I was using about 3.4 grams a day for about a year and a half and easily quit using a long taper fasoracetam and gabapentin. When I jumped off at about 300 mg I had no wd symptoms at all. However I'm still using the gabapentin for a medical condition and could have nasties if I ever decide to quit that one.

I am a Phenibut MASTER, so tell me what you need to know. I am NOT IN THE MOOD to read that WHOLE paragraph to kick off, so fire off a few questions I can let you know exactly what you need to know about Phenibut, whether it be pill, powder, or any form (well, just those 2) of the drug. also, I will let you know best ways to have fun while keeping yourself safe.

1.High doses of phenibut can be hepatotoxic so better get your liver checked.
2. Iirc a animal model showed some affinity for dopamine receptors and your side effects sound somewhat related to dopamine, but I'll have to read up on it

Thank you to everyone who has responded to the post. My taper is going well. A little rebound anxiety, but completely managable so far. I will PM the folks that asked me too when I get a chance, and get myself checked out, liver and kidneys. I will keep y'all posted.