• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Phenibut Issue

P

Phenibro

My dog had a lot of fun with Phenibut about five months ago. She thought she understood the risks, and she tried to be careful. While she did notice the increased tolerance, she never took more than a medium dose at a time. She made sure not to take it for multiple days in a row, although all and all, she went through about 20 grams in three weeks. She always took it while drinking alcohol. After hastily ordering more, she discovered, as she sat down at her job one morning with a cup of coffee, that she was having horrible withdrawal. Anxiety. Trouble sleeping. Depression. Feelings of hopelessness. It lasted for weeks (that wasn't a very fun Christmas, let me tell you). She hasn't touched the stuff since. Still, it's safer and cheaper than benzos and opiates, and she's been thinking about using it again on rare occasions (one ~2-3 gram dose once a month) in lieu of those substances, which she occasionally treats herself to. She's worried that, even at such a low dose, her withdrawal symptoms will come back. Should she be?

I personally think you're a douchebag for giving phenjbut to your pet. Take your dog to the vet. You're on the wrong forums - bluelight is for people, not animals. Good luck.

Who gives there dog phenibut? No wonder your dog had such a bad Christmas!

Lol
@OP, we don't use swim or my dogoor anything like that, it'll give you no legal protection and it's just shitty to read..

Okay, just about everyone in this thread is a douche. You could have awared her we don't use third person and also still answered the question.

So if i were you, and i got withdrawal that lasted weeks from only sporadic use of 20g over a few weeks, i'd say your best off staying away from phenibut. That or, lower your dose to maybe 1.5g and use even less often then before. Some people have very sensitive gaba systems, especially with previous benzo/alcohol use and/or abuse/addiction.

Taking phenibut in medium to high doses makes it act on the GABA(a) receptor site as well. The same receptor site that alcohol primarily acts on. If you didn't drink at all when you take phenibut your withdrawal would be lessened immensely.

Pretty much combining the two has turned your withdrawal from a 3 week drinking, and minor withdrawal from 3 weeks phenibut. Into a INTENSE GABA(a) withdrawal and minor GABA(b) withdrawal.

Probably similar to if you drank heavy for 2 months, instead of 3 weeks.

DO NOT MIX PHENIBUT WITH ALCOHOL. Unless you want to feel like death incarnate the next day.

Okay, just about everyone in this thread is a douche. You could have awared her we don't use third person and also still answered the question.

Seriously fucking grow up.

OT: Combining the two is fine but treat phenibut like crack or heroin it ain't for everyday its strong fucking shit. Not as recreational as either but it definitely fucks with your brain hardcore when abused IME. Fine every now and then though.

For the actual question asked, no, your withdrawals should not come back if you have it once a month. The thing you should be careful with is making sure that you only keep it to once a month, however. And mixing it with alcohol is a bad idea in general, especially for avoiding withdrawals/additional side effects. (Not saying I haven't done it, though.)

So if i were you, and i got withdrawal that lasted weeks from only sporadic use of 20g over a few weeks, i'd say your best off staying away from phenibut. That or, lower your dose to maybe 1.5g and use even less often then before. Some people have very sensitive gaba systems, especially with previous benzo/alcohol use and/or abuse/addiction.

this or order some gabapentin and use that occasionally..

i must not be from this planet, im past 50 hours without phenibut and so far the only withdrawal i feel is slightly lowered mood..no anxiety, sweats, anything else..what does phenibut withdrawal kick in?ive taken it for years daily so..

this or order some gabapentin and use that occasionally..

i must not be from this planet, im past 50 hours without phenibut and so far the only withdrawal i feel is slightly lowered mood..no anxiety, sweats, anything else..what does phenibut withdrawal kick in?ive taken it for years daily so..

Nah man, I went through 125g in about a month and a half or so (sometimes phenibut every day for a week) and I didn't get shit for withdrawals. This is taking monster doses. This is the third time in the last 10 years or so I've not had any issues with a long-term phenibut experiment. Don't take it for granted, you might not be so lucky next time. :)

First post. Forgot email to old account....

Anyhoo,

I have seen countless accounts of people online WARNING NEVER to dose phenibut more than once or twice a week, due to severe tolerance and ultimately withdrawal.

My honest opinion: most of these reports are in people's heads. I say this , from experience with phenibut, but moreso experience with a vast array of chemicals in general...

I went through 100grams of (primaforce) phenibut powder in about a two month span. You better believe I went past "dosing protocol"; the most I did was probably 4-6 grams, every day for a week straoght. Now , I was EXTREMELY worried, because of the horror stories I saw online , from people's complaints of rebound effects (insomnia, anxiety, RLS) from a mere two day bender of two grams a day. I hardly experienced sleep disturbances.

HOWEVER, I am NOT saying that there is NOT a RAPID increase in tolerance from daily dosing. If i took 4g after not using the stuff in a while (over a week) , 6g the very next day would almost be half as noticable and potent as the 4g day prior.

Now , to each their own, and maybe I'm a special case with this , however from my experience, chemicals take a prettyyyyyy long time to start developing "substantial" withdrawal effects. I used opiates for YEARS before I ever experienced withdrawals.

You also noted that you drank alcohol with it. Maybe take into consideration, these symptoms you're feeling very well could be from a combination of alcohol withdrawal and the phenibut fading off your receptors (everyone experiences alcohol "w/d" the morning after once the alcohol is metabolized)(rapidly). Just my two c. Phenibut in my experience is much less w.d. inducing than it's let on as I believe... but could just be me..

Nah man, I went through 125g in about a month and a half or so (sometimes phenibut every day for a week) and I didn't get shit for withdrawals. This is taking monster doses. This is the third time in the last 10 years or so I've not had any issues with a long-term phenibut experiment. Don't take it for granted, you might not be so lucky next time. :)

Funny, just made that long post without reading the thread except for OP.

I agree, same experience. Monster doses. Hardly noticed sleep disturbances. Iono.

I am a heroin addict however, maybe I just expect wd to be , ahem, "noticeable". Aka body on fucking fire.

However, one constant thing is the DRASTIC difference of opinions about phenibut in general...

Maybe we're all just wired differently; as a previous poster mentioned, some people's gaba systems go haywire, and are super sensitive. Or whatever the quote. SMH . Shrug 8)

I dont get much rebound anxiety withdrawing from Phenibut but what I do get is.. extreme anhedonia, bouts of irritability, and general malaise. I can still sleep but sometimes wake up and can't fall back asleep even if I'm really tired. This is all from using about 100 grams in 3 months. I could definitely see these withdrawals getting worse if I were to keep using it but I'm only going to take one gram, once a week.

Another thing I've noticed with Phenibut is that the next day I feel totally out of it and can't focus. Almost like I'm on a strong tranquilizer. Most people say they get an afterglow the next day but I get very apathetic, completely dulled and bad anhedonia. Just a complete lack of joy similar to coming off a coke or meth binge. I feel that Phenibut is a nice little buzz and useful but it's definitely not worth these weird after effects. If I only do it once a week it's not as bad though. I'm not sure if this happens to anyone else or not? I am dependent on kratom though so there may be interactions.

Overall, I don't think any gaba drugs are anywhere near worth getting hooked on. There's often hell to pay for a high that isint even really that great. I find them very useful at times but not very recreational like drugs that actually give a good amount of euphoria. Like opiates etc.

Judging by your post history, none are a bigger douche than you are you sad, sadistic man-child.

Last edited:
I used Phenibut for over a year up to 3400 mg a day. I did a slow taper and used gabapentin and had 0 withdrawals when I jumped off at 300 mg. I've been off it for over a month now. YMMV.

Monthly dosing carries no risk of physical dependence (indirect risk, as monthly dosing can quickly turn into weekly dosing, which can turn into daily dosing, which, as you know, quickly turns into dependence)...the Phenibut has been eliminated many times over, assuming one in thirty day dosing. In my experience, anything more frequent than twice a day dosing will inevitably turn into multiday dosing.
If you /do/ ever run into problems again, I would suggest trying to obtain a Gabapentin prescription. Most docs (in my region, at least) seem fairly open to the idea, if you explain the problem. I cut down from 4-6 grams a day (after tapering to 1-2g/day) and found that 1200mg/day kept the withdrawal symptoms almost completely under control.

Again, though, in answer to the question asked- withdrawal symptoms should not come back with monthly use at your suggested dosage, unless your individual physiology and usage history make you more prone to rebound symptoms, in which case you can look forward to ~24 hours of mild discomfort.

I find phenibut in small doses a couple hours before bed helps give me deep sleep. I tried 1200mg im the morning as I have heard of pleasant effects. I had a very numb and disconnected feeling the entire day. Reminded me of my experience with klonopin. My gaba receptors could be depleted though from drinking over the years and mild benzo use. So to those lucky ones who experience euphoria (no clue how) and increased sociability enjoy it responsibly you lucky bastards! I would recommend avoiding alcohol to op unless she wants to greatly increase tollerance and have depressed after effects which as already stated is llikely to be what potentiated with draw symptoms. Same goes for her dog ;).

Hello.

Brand new here... It's late where I'm at and I've searched the best I can and can't find anything related to my question...

Ive used phenibut in the past, once a month at the most and always had a positive experience with it. It's been about 6 months since I last used it, got a new batch just yesterday and this morning did exactly as I always have done in the past, which is take when I wake up on an empty stomach and wait for it to kick in. This time was totally different. After a couple hours I became incredibly sleepy... I mean like I couldn't even lift the remote control I was so tired, though I couldn't fall asleep. Felt that way for about 8 hours and finally had the energy to transfer myself to bed. After laying down for about 10 minutes, suddenly I feel totally alert and ready for the day (it's past midnight now). Has anybody ever had this happen? I mean, take your usual dose and become completely exhausted for hours before feeling the "go and get em" attitude? Seems it's all worked in reverse for me this time, and was just curious. FYI: I haven't taken anything else, so there's nothing in my system that could counteract wih he phenibut.