• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Phenibut info

Thanks for the info:) Had 480mg 35 mins ago on an empty stomach, does it come on faster with no food? Also would eating kill its effects? Oh also I stopped having smack completely, is it ok to combine with codeine and DXM though?

i'd be careful sus.
few too many CNS depressants in the mix there...
i find phenibut is quite useful, but it's long halflife leaves me feeling fuzzy the next day. i think the info above posted by meatbag is useful - that people dose this stuff too high. this was probably my problem - i have a stash of phenibut but i've only taken it a couple of times. a good thing to have around, but not to take regularly IMO.
for alleviating anxiety, the dose you took should be sufficient, but just be patient with the onset and gauge it before taking something else.

I am quite sure with your tolerance you will be fine Sust but I would still err on the side of HR, the potentiation is out of this world strong and that's during a taper from benzo addiction so my tolerance to GABA drugs was up there.

I daily dosed this stuff for about 6 months and was eating handfulls of caps 2-3 times a day, several grams which didn't do much then but I remember the first few times I dosed and then re-dosed I ended up being very nausea's with a case of vertigo. You might feel slightly hungover tomorrow from it, I generally woke up feeling great from a case of anxiouslessness and being well rested, two things I am very unfamiliar with.

Cheers for the info, I prob wont take it with anything else. I really do miss my warm fuzzy codeine + dihydrocodeine + dxm combo though. Just wanted to try something new, something that will stop me from taking codeine and other stuff but after reading more n more im not even sure if the phenibut is a better (safer option).

Not being able to do it few times a week aint good. Might just save it for acid comedowns just like I do with xanax lol 2.15mins in still not feeling much at all apart from calmness bout 3/10 compared to xanax if thats a 10/10, I do feel it somewhat but feels like 0.25mg alprazolam, very very mild though. Hoping itll get better. Ahh the search for a legal alternative to codeine continues. Just scared of all the ibuprofen I have been consuming even though ive been CWE it. Do u guys know of any legal sedatatives that work really well without negative / limited consequences?

i think most sedatives have "consequences" one way or another. tolerance, habituation, etc etc.

maybe you should get into meditation or something...?

i think most sedatives have "consequences" one way or another. tolerance, habituation, etc etc.

maybe you should get into meditation or something...?

Hmmm yeah I suppose its a catch 22. What goes up must come down aye? I do yoga and mediate although its nothing like being on a substance. I just need something to replace my codeine habit, something a little healthier and relaxing.

i guess what i'm saying is that the only thing that fits all of those criteria is something that isn't a drug.
there is no magic solution, unfortunately. just a strong will to get clean.

You could try Mulungu tea from that herbal store. It has some definite effects and is meant to be an anxiolytic, it felt more like alcohol crossed with a deliriant to me though.

^i've been meaning to try that for a while. thanks for the reminder...

I have some mulungu powder at home, I infused it in a tea once but didnt feel anything from it. Maybe I need to simmer it for 20mins? How do u guys prepare it? When do the effects kick in for u? Meant to be more powerful than the rest of the teas.

I have never boiled the mulungu. Usually mix it with water or milk or milo. It tastes awful and isnt very water soluble. From memory I used to take 1-3 teaspoons of it. It has a definite effect. Personally I don't find it pleasant and not very calming. I cant remember the onset time but it isnt extra long like phenibut.

Even though you cant take the phenibut every day I reckon its a good thing to have around as a sleep aid if things get bad. Like you said its not in the same league as xanax. It seems to have different effects that are also valuable and it still reduces anxiety in its own way. I havent been using benzos at all recently so my tolerance to these kind of substances is probably very low which is perhaps why I experienced more pronounced effects than you. Would be interesting to see what you experience on the dose that I had 1g in the morning and 1g in the afternoon.

I will keep experimenting with it although ill prob hold off it for a while, the WDs really scare me (phenibut). I had a hard time quitting smack as it is. Its a wonderful feeling not being dependent on it, just working on quitting codeine which proves way more difficult for me:S I just wish there was a legal substance which would be similar in effects and not to bad consequences. I hate relying on dealers all the time. The older I become and the more diverse my drug use is ive come to a realization that not every drug is right for me, everything seems to have some sort of negative impact. Meth has horrible comedown, mdma makes me depressed, opiates give u bad WD's and so forth. Staying sober sucks too, Ive lost interest in doing things that I would mainly enjoy but being high and doing them is just so much more fun.

Ill give the malungu a try tonight after work 3 teaspoons, how long does it last? Ill dose at 8pm and prob hit the sack around 11pm. I just want to know if it does anything. Does it lose potency? Ive had it sitting in my cupboard for about a year now. Still would work to some degree? Cheers for all ur help:)

Ive lost interest in doing things that I would mainly enjoy

Have the things become less interesting though? I'm having the same struggle with booze right now- feeling like everything is shit when I'm sober. The thing is the activities are exactly the same, I'm just more interested in drinking its my priority rather than the activities I enjoy. I've become more boring the things haven't. I'm pretty sure it will change once I let my self enjoy them rather than worrying about what I'm not doing.

Ive only ever had mulungu at bed time so not too sure about the duration. I didn't get a hangover though. I have had the same bag for 2 years and havent noticed a change.

Yeah, the main reason why I specifically love opiates is because I can do stuff on the computer, be more social and to also to play video games on it, not just that but I can function on it more so. Daily tasks seem a lot more interesting too. I cant even be bothered to turn on the pc if im sober. On the positive note ive just downed half a cup of mulungu tea (3 teaspoons that was simmered in 300ml water for about 15-20mins) Hopefully will have relaxing effects although I dont expect too much from most legal stuff now days unless its an RC or similar. Tastes a little bitter but nothing too bad, Im used to drinking filthy stuff to get high haha. Ill report back as to how I went. Hopefully all u people are having a nice night so far:)

Used 3 teaspoons last night, simmered for 20mins. Drank it at 8pm and started feeling its effects around 8:10pm. It did feel a little like an alcohol + delirium buzz. Reminds me of a low dose LSA. Did feel super calm and anxiety free. Was surprised at how effective it was, I actually prefer it over phenibut. Its a lot more healthier too without the WD's that phenibut provides. Doesnt get u high or anything but it does resemble diazepam etc. Ill be experimenting with this for sure but next time with a higher dose around 4-5 teaspoons:) I did have it on a empty stomach, does that matter? Will the effects still be the same on a full stomach?

. All they ever do is dish out seroquel which I might add can cause sudden death especially in patients also on methadone(I was on both for around 2 years!). If your on Seroquel make sure you read into all the possible side effects because I dont think many doctors realize how harmful it can be.

Alright, I am on methadone and valium. Sometimes I skip one valium pill and use a 25mg seroquel, the tiny pink ones used for sleep...You got no idea how much you scared me here with this post (hope its not too old for the mods...). What kind of dosage of seroquel are you talking about? I survived several years with a script for dexedrine while being aware of the "sudden death" thing...i dont see how it could be not as bad street speed. Anyway, please some follow up, especially since I cannot renew my script of valium until tomorrow (yay, I am now using my diazepam responsibly, my trick was giving the bottle to a close relative and have that person give me my 2 blues for the day, I only cheated once, so that means one day before renewal...anyway what i mean by that is that my ability to relax is diminished today and I came upon that!

It's great for anxiety, sleep, mood and there are some definite nootropic affects.

A good dose is 1.2 - 1.5gs to start.

Don't do it more than 1 or 2 days at a time without a break.. tolerance kicks in and you will be in a bad mood / anxious when you stop.

Don't dose 24/7 for any long period of time as you will be in for about a weeks worth of insomnia, anxiety and depression.

My doctor after tests because of my kidney pain, but I was taking several grams daily for about 6 months, started off at 1.5. Phenibut's half life is 5 hours so if it's lasting much longer than that, it's putting unnecessary strain on your kidneys. I would suggest two 500mg doses over the day.