• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Phenibut for Subutex taper

ArtVandalay

Bluelighter
I'm tapering off subutex slowly. I'm down to 6mg from 8mg. I'm curious if phenibut would help with my taper? I also have generalized anxiety disorder, so I thought kill two birds ya know? This is prob against rules, but does phenibut show up on a sub clinic drug test?

I know the risks of addiction with this stuff, but I never had a problem with benzos. I've used benzos a lot over the years but never got dependent.

Probably not the best idea, phenibut is really addicting really fast, especially if you are having extra anxiety on top of GAD from opiate withdrawal, chances are you are going to abuse the phenibut and end up strung out on it. Maybe order just a small amount, like 10 grams or something, so you don't have enough to get physically addicted or tempt you to use more.

I also don't think it's a good idea to risk gaining another addiction. I was addicted to benzodiazepines for 9 years and I can't see a way in which any GABAergic could help me quit Suboxone now (I've been on it for 2.5 years now, BTW :)). In my opinion you still have time to decide whether or not to add something, 6mg is still a relatively big dose and with a proper taper you shouldn't feel any discomfort down to 2-4mg, it generally gets rougher at ~2mg and below. I'm actually considering tapering off Suboxone for good this Summer and if I wanted to use something to ease the pain, I guess it could be Kratom rather than any GABAergics which I definitely don't want to touch ever again. If I fail at some point, at least I'm returning to buprenorphine at worst.

Thanks for the input. I'll probably just wait on it then. I def do not need another addiction. And I'm comfortable at 6mg right now. I just stress about the road ahead. I'd thought about kratom, but I'm not a fan of it really.

This is my opinion... phenibut with a week of gabapentin afterwards makes an unbelievably painful experience a hell of a lot easier. And if you have little to no tolerance, phenibut made jumping off suboxone a shit load easier for me. Soooo... If you're willing to do the drug to another drug to another drug, go for it. Suboxone to phenibut to gabapentin to nothing is pretty painless ime.