Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut - Dosage varies - Best Therapeutic Substance I've Ever Taken

Opes

Greenlighter
Hello all, I received 200 grams of Phenibut around the 16th of September and have been using it daily since then. I started with 500 mg then 1 gram, but didn't notice any effects. Once I ingested another gram, however, I sure felt it, effects included zero social and general anxiety, euphoria, a clear-headed slightly drunken feeling, and an indescribable feeling throughout my body, mostly in my legs when I sat down.

I soon upped the dose til I found my sweet spot of 10 grams and I now take that every day. It is hands down the most anxiolytic substance I've ever taken, more than high doses of benzodiazepines and any opioid. I still get the euphoria, it just doesn't last as long and my body has become tolerant to the initial side effects of muscle twitching (mostly hands) and this pulsing in my ears along with wanting to shut my eyes every few seconds or minutes.

I no longer have any cravings whatsoever for any other drugs, I went out drinking with some friends and ingested 8 beers with no drunken or even buzzed feeling whatsoever. I tried heroin last week or so for the first time in months and felt no euphoria, only slight sedation and I concurrently ingested a 2 mg Xanax bar with no effects so if someone is attempting to abstain from substances I would recommend Phenibut.

I can't recommend the dose I've been taking in keeping with harm reduction, but so far this has been the most therapeutic drug of my life and it's sustainable as it's relatively cheap and has a very long half life. I've gone over 36 hours without a dose and the last dose prior to that was below the dose I was taking daily at the time. I'll be updating with more info as time goes on.

Thanks for reading!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_phenibut
substancecode_gabapentinoids
substancecode_gabaergics
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
10g per day?Prepare for the most horrifying withdrawals which might even kill you

I would strongly advice to atleast taper down to like 2 g per day

I always have a steady supply so I'm not worried about that, also all the posts about people calling the withdrawals the worst thing they've ever been through generally have not been through any other drugs' withdrawals. I stopped a several month long daily heroin and benzodiazepine habit cold turkey and was just a little cold and anxious.

How long does it take for the average person to enter withdrawal after their last dose of phenibut? I waited 36 hours one time and the only thing I felt was slightly less confident.

Last edited:
I always have a steady supply so I'm not worried about, also all the posts about people calling the withdrawals the worst thing they've ever been through generally have not been through any other drugs' withdrawals. I stopped a several month long daily heroin and benzodiazepine habit cold turkey and was just a little cold and anxious.

How long does it take for the average person to enter withdrawal after their last dose of phenibut? I waited 36 hours one time and the only thing I felt was slightly less confident.

Out of curiosity, let us know if there's ever a time that you go a few days in a row without taking it and don't have horrible withdrawal.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to be in the position of having to say "well I WOULD go through the worst WD ever but I have a steady supply of X drug so it's ok".

ALMOST everyone on this forum who has been addicted has agreed it has HORRIBLE WD, and whether or not they are worse than that of Heroin or Benzos kind of seems like debating which bullet it's most painful to get shot with.

Phenibut definitely causes withdrawals. However I find them overblown in descriptions. I took 3-5 grams daily (every day) for about a year, and when I couldn't get any I felt some really intense anxiety and discomfort but it was certainly not as bad as opiate withdrawal and it didn't feel dangerous. On the other hand, you're taking twice as much or more than I was, and everyone reacts differently to things. I take 1.5-2 grams, and if I take 3, it gives me terrible side effects. I try to take it no more than once every 3 days, even once every other day for extended periods of time will cause some amount of withdrawal.

But yeah, it's amazing when you find the right dose.

Hello all, I received 200 grams of Phenibut around the 16th of September and have been using it daily since then. I started with 500 mg then 1 gram, but didn't notice any effects. Once I ingested another gram, however, I sure felt it, effects included zero social and general anxiety, euphoria, a clear-headed slightly drunken feeling, and an indescribable feeling throughout my body, mostly in my legs when I sat down.

I soon upped the dose til I found my sweet spot of 10 grams and I now take that every day. It is hands down the most anxiolytic substance I've ever taken, more than high doses of benzodiazepines and any opioid. I still get the euphoria, it just doesn't last as long and my body has become tolerant to the initial side effects of muscle twitching (mostly hands) and this pulsing in my ears along with wanting to shut my eyes every few seconds or minutes.

I no longer have any cravings whatsoever for any other drugs, I went out drinking with some friends and ingested 8 beers with no drunken or even buzzed feeling whatsoever. I tried heroin last week or so for the first time in months and felt no euphoria, only slight sedation and I concurrently ingested a 2 mg Xanax bar with no effects so if someone is attempting to abstain from substances I would recommend Phenibut.

I can't recommend the dose I've been taking in keeping with harm reduction, but so far this has been the most therapeutic drug of my life and it's sustainable as it's relatively cheap and has a very long half life. I've gone over 36 hours without a dose and the last dose prior to that was below the dose I was taking daily at the time. I'll be updating with more info as time goes on.

Thanks for reading!

Phenibut is a russian compound it is amazing, however dont overdo it. I haven/t used in a long time , tolerance develops and euphoria subsides. I admit it is one of the more Euphoric substances and helps with anxiety etc. I never went through withdrawal have noted that the nights when I dont take phenibut sleep is harder to achieve .For example I would use phenibut a few days and then stop and I would get insomnia but thats about it.

Guess I've never found my sweet spot, cause if I go to where I like it that night at work is hell, can't stay awake for the life of me.....I think Im going to switch my weekend kratom for this (was doing kratom daily for 28 months but lowered that to weekends, but even taking it 3 days in a row that first day off sucks badly) so I think maybe doing a couple of grams of phenibut on sat/sun and kratom once during the week

Phenibut definitely causes withdrawals. However I find them overblown in descriptions. I took 3-5 grams daily (every day) for about a year, and when I couldn't get any I felt some really intense anxiety and discomfort but it was certainly not as bad as opiate withdrawal and it didn't feel dangerous.

Do you get intense anxiety / fear / hopelessness from opioid withdrawal too? How comparable is the phenibut w/d for you in this category? Because I found the physical effects of opioid w/d to be really manageable compared to the pure terror of mind it creates (what seems to hit only part of the population, they say the mentally ill ones, but I think genetics make a big part of). I've got around w/d with huge luck and the aid of NMDA antagonists (memantine) and clonidine, but since then I'm really in fear of any potentially physically addicting substances, of course including the usual anxiolytics, BZDs and phenibut..

I plan on stopping now for at least a few days just to see what withdrawal is really like. It's been 24 hours since my last dose and I'm feeling fine, the one thing I started to notice this last week of phenibut dosing was that my dopamine seemed unchanged no matter what I was doing. For example, food, sex, and fun activities gave me no increase in pleasure and negative things no decrease. It's like I'm staying steady at the same amount of dopamine no matter what which is weird because stuff I would usually hate doing doesn't bother me right now eg. cleaning, doing dishes, work around my house, and work itself. Has anybody else experienced something like this?

Edit: I'm now at the 36 hour mark since my last dose and I am starting to feel ever so slightly apathetic, but not even close to the amount of apathy I'd get with opioid withdrawal. Also my head feels a little bit tense and it's puffy underneath my eyes but no anxiety whatsoever. I got a call to go into work in the morning so I just dosed my normal 10 grams. I'm going to start sticking to this 36 hour dosing schedule instead of 24.

Last edited:
With the half life of phenibut being around 5 hours, that's interesting ... 10g is a huge dose though, so the responsible enzyme could be overloaded... Are you taking any other drugs or supplements?

the one thing I started to notice this last week of phenibut dosing was that my dopamine seemed unchanged no matter what I was doing.
Maybe I'll have to try phenibut again .... this effect is exactly what I am desperately looking for...

Do you get intense anxiety / fear / hopelessness from opioid withdrawal too? How comparable is the phenibut w/d for you in this category? Because I found the physical effects of opioid w/d to be really manageable compared to the pure terror of mind it creates (what seems to hit only part of the population, they say the mentally ill ones, but I think genetics make a big part of). I've got around w/d with huge luck and the aid of NMDA antagonists (memantine) and clonidine, but since then I'm really in fear of any potentially physically addicting substances, of course including the usual anxiolytics, BZDs and phenibut..

Yes, not fear so much as an extremely overwhelming feeling of emptiness and hopelessness that makes me want to curl up and die. Anxiety and depression, the depression is the worst partk, but the anxiety is very bad too. Phenibut was more like a high-grade anxiety that was very unpleasant and uncomfortable, but I didn't feel that feeling of hopelessness.

yeah opiate withdrawal is the most painful feeling I've ever felt, bar none. So glad I finally got past opiates.

With the half life of phenibut being around 5 hours, that's interesting ... 10g is a huge dose though, so the responsible enzyme could be overloaded... Are you taking any other drugs or supplements?

Maybe I'll have to try phenibut again .... this effect is exactly what I am desperately looking for...

I find that the effects I look for from phenibut do not follow its half-life/absorption patterns. I get a bit of relaxation within 45 minutes of taking it, but the euphoria doesn't develop for a number of hours. Then I notice it will last the entire day. I always take phenibut in the morning, and by 5 hours after I take it I get the euphoria, which stays until I sleep. I wonder if, like with GHB, there is a dopamine rebound effect and that's what causes it?

Nope, no other drugs or supplements besides caffeine which also seems to have no effect. I can drink several cups of coffee and feel no extra stimulatory effect.

I was going to say, this compound would be great for someone with depression or obviously anxiety, but to know what the highs feel like one has to be able to experience the lows which I cannot seem to do anymore. It doesn't feel like my dopamine is sky high but whether it's food, sex, playing video games, watching TV, or anything that used to invoke pleasure it doesn't matter because I get no increase in dopamine from partaking. I sort of feel like an emotionless robot which could be good or bad.

I also experience very little effects from caffeine on phenibut. I mean if I'm getting drowsy it will wake me up but there is minimal if any stimulation. Weed also is less effective (but still fun and nice). On the other hand, psychedelics seem, if anything, to be amplified by it. It's a great launching pad for a trip, because it helps to bring out the positive aspects of the trip and pretty much eliminates anxiety, without seeming to full it at all (like benzos or opiates would do).

Phenibut is a great drug, one of my favorites honestly. I like it because its effect doesn't seem drug-like in feeling to me, rather it feels like I'm just having the greatest day. A little too much and it has pretty unpleasant physical side effects though, it feels like my insides are burning (and my skin exudes more heat than usual as well), and I get limb aches that remind me of an alcohol hangover. And it's definitely addictive. I find it easy to moderate though, the time I got addicted I was under the impression it wasn't addictive so I took it every day for a year. Nowadays I stick to every third day. I definitely have a pattern with it, but on the other hand it's not difficult at all for me to stick to that schedule, and if I don't have it (I run out, forgot to bring it somewhere, etc), I'm fine. Contrast that with opiates where I always quickly spun into a cycle of self-delusion, increasing use and mental obsession.

Interesting stuff! Anyone else have the same issue as the op concerning opiates not working while on phenibut? I'm gonna try to use the phenibut if I ever have to kick opiates. I'd like to give it a try before that but I'm on opiates and I'm not trying to go into wd to try phenibut lol. The way op describes the effects makes it seem like the kinda drug that would help me tremendously without costing nearly as much as buying opiates 24/7...

1.5 grams or so. In the past I've taken it more often and needed 2.5 or 3 grams. if I dose a little too much it becomes unpleasant and detrimental so it's good to work up until you find your dose. If I took 10 grams I'd be out of commission for 2 days probably. The first time I took it I took 3 grams and I passed out for 14 hours and was sore for a day afterwards.

I don't know how you can even stay awake on 10g of Phenibut, a 1/4 of that dose would have me dozing off pretty quick. How did you figure out that was your "sweet spot", like what does 10g do that 1-9g doesn't? The only times I've heard of people taking as much Phenibut as you are is when they become severely addicted to it and their tolerance skyrockets but it sounds like you've only been taking it a short while. Honestly, I'm pretty curious about your body chemistry if you supposedly feel no effects from heroin, alprazolam or alcohol.

I also experience very little effects from caffeine on phenibut. I mean if I'm getting drowsy it will wake me up but there is minimal if any stimulation. Weed also is less effective (but still fun and nice). On the other hand, psychedelics seem, if anything, to be amplified by it. It's a great launching pad for a trip, because it helps to bring out the positive aspects of the trip and pretty much eliminates anxiety, without seeming to full it at all (like benzos or opiates would do).

Phenibut is a great drug, one of my favorites honestly. I like it because its effect doesn't seem drug-like in feeling to me, rather it feels like I'm just having the greatest day. A little too much and it has pretty unpleasant physical side effects though, it feels like my insides are burning (and my skin exudes more heat than usual as well), and I get limb aches that remind me of an alcohol hangover. And it's definitely addictive. I find it easy to moderate though, the time I got addicted I was under the impression it wasn't addictive so I took it every day for a year. Nowadays I stick to every third day. I definitely have a pattern with it, but on the other hand it's not difficult at all for me to stick to that schedule, and if I don't have it (I run out, forgot to bring it somewhere, etc), I'm fine. Contrast that with opiates where I always quickly spun into a cycle of self-delusion, increasing use and mental obsession.

I have drank 5 cups of coffee without any increase in bpm and it's similar with alcohol as I stated earlier. I drank a 12 pack with this girl the other night and she probably had two of them. I didn't feel drunk in the slightest, but also like I said before, everything is giving me this baseline feeling. My dopamine could be sky high right now, but I can't tell because things that I would normally make me feel no different than the things that are supposed to be the best feelings in life. That might be good for some people suffering from depression, but I'm hoping that my brain will return to normal after I come down from this. It started when I concurrently ingested some Phenibut and Phenylethylamine, well they were taken hours apart, but the effects of the Phenibut were in full swing. That's when I started noticing the neutral dopamine feeling. At first, I felt great, euphoric, talkative, and zero anxiety, but now I feel the exact same all the time as if I'm a robot or something. Has anyone else had this problem?

I don't know how you can even stay awake on 10g of Phenibut, a 1/4 of that dose would have me dozing off pretty quick. How did you figure out that was your "sweet spot", like what does 10g do that 1-9g doesn't? The only times I've heard of people taking as much Phenibut as you are is when they become severely addicted to it and their tolerance skyrockets but it sounds like you've only been taking it a short while. Honestly, I'm pretty curious about your body chemistry if you supposedly feel no effects from heroin, alprazolam or alcohol.

Phenibut doesn't seem to make me sleep, it just makes it easier for me to sleep because I can shut my eyes and sleep any time I feel like it. I found that 10g was my sweet spot because after a rapid tolerance rise the first week, it seemed to level off at that. I haven't even been taking it for a month though. I was wondering how much of a role GABA plays in the effects of heroin, alprazolam, and ethanol.