• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenibut CT failure - let's taper instead

No no! After a week ct do not under any circumstance go back to your original dose. Give yourself small doses of 300 or so to start with and gauge it everytime you feel it kick in until you hit the BARE MINIMUM needed to feel "normal" because even after just a week, your receptors would have grown somewhat accustomed to the lack of stimulation and you'll just be throwing in the garbage the week of suffering/healing that you've done. I can attest (I've done ct 3 times. First from 2g a day, second from 4.5 and this last time from 5-5.5) that it is indeed possible. Imo, if you were a week in, you probably had realistically about a few days of the very severe symptoms before the more relatively mild ones kicked in. I understand it's hard not to cave in, but you got to really want to stop because of positive reasons. For me, the phen was starting to make me feel violently I'll--almost like precipitated w/d--whether I took it or not, and I knew I could never go back to it. So I went to e.r. and got baclofen.. well.. same thing. Violently I'll. It was at this point (as well as the horrible side effects I was getting from it: memory problems, sexual dysfunction, bad depression and anxiety (,yes even with the phen), was starting to lash out at my stepmom, friends, girlfriend and professors, and my grades slacked (I am a 4 student and now barely keeping the 4). Plus I was not eating much except for junk binges, went down to 138 lbs at 5'11" and started having chest pains, stomach pains, muscle pains and pains in my back where my kidneys are. So I dumped it and its 8 days in and yes it is slowly getting better day by day but still get waves accompanied with tingling foot pains, and hot flashes and sweating. Again, yes its hell, and if you were only 3 days in I'd say, "yeah, go ahead, taper." Though at 7 days, I would have recommended sticking it out for another couple days until you jumped back on. First day is usually mild. (Ime however the first day is where all the rebound anxiety is, so this is debatable) day 2-4 ar starting to feel unbearable. Day 4/5 is peak. And then day 5-8 from there it just plateaus and stays bad. Then it should slowly subside. And this is generally the same for most people. Hope all is well for you now and you made it through okay. I'm signing off now cause I got a bad wave of nausea and hot flashes lol. But thought I'd leave my experiences of how it plays out. Hope this helps someone out there!

Yes it totally did get taken over, huh? And best of all by what seems to be a hypochondriac. My mother is 100% exactly like that lol