• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenibut compares to diphenhydramine?

Fornax55

Bluelighter
Got a couple things to mention about phenibut that I hadn't seen mentioned anywhere

I started taking phenibut a couple days ago to deal with anxiety regarding to opiate detox. I don't get super dopesick or anything it's just a social anxiety coupled with some nausea and the shits. But anyway - I've been taking far more than a recommended dose of phenibut (I think I took like 5 grams yesterday over the course of a 12 hour work shift) and I noticed some effects very similar to a time I took 1800mg of diphenhydramine like 8 years ago when I was in high school experimenting with drugs for my first time. I'd have very disorienting 'hallucinations' which weren't really any delusions but I'd have flashes of blue and green light that would overlay over my reality, quite bright flashes that were really dangerous and getting in the way of work. I also had an irritating feeling of being pushed down that followed me everywhere I went. All these have persisted until the morning when I write this, about 14 hours after my last dose of phenibut.

The confusing factor in this is that I took 50mg of diphenhydramine two nights ago. That's some 36 hours ago. These diphen-esque hallucinations didn't start until the morning after i took the diphen so I was a bit disoriented as to whether it was my obnoxious doses of phenibut, or an interaction between the two (despite the ridiculously low dose of diphen) or the fact that I'm dopesick, or the fact that I'm working 12 hour shifts. I would attribute it to a combination of all 4 but I have never heard of hallucinations of this caliber or being disabling to this degree from just being - mildly - dopesick, or working too much, or from a low dose of DPH, or from even huge doses of DPH, and I can't see how combining any of the four would fuck me up this bad. Any thoughts?

Got a couple things to mention about phenibut that I hadn't seen mentioned anywhere

I started taking phenibut a couple days ago to deal with anxiety regarding to opiate detox. I don't get super dopesick or anything it's just a social anxiety coupled with some nausea and the shits. But anyway - I've been taking far more than a recommended dose of phenibut (I think I took like 5 grams yesterday over the course of a 12 hour work shift) and I noticed some effects very similar to a time I took 1800mg of diphenhydramine like 8 years ago when I was in high school experimenting with drugs for my first time. I'd have very disorienting 'hallucinations' which weren't really any delusions but I'd have flashes of blue and green light that would overlay over my reality, quite bright flashes that were really dangerous and getting in the way of work. I also had an irritating feeling of being pushed down that followed me everywhere I went. All these have persisted until the morning when I write this, about 14 hours after my last dose of phenibut.

The confusing factor in this is that I took 50mg of diphenhydramine two nights ago. That's some 36 hours ago. These diphen-esque hallucinations didn't start until the morning after i took the diphen so I was a bit disoriented as to whether it was my obnoxious doses of phenibut, or an interaction between the two (despite the ridiculously low dose of diphen) or the fact that I'm dopesick, or the fact that I'm working 12 hour shifts. I would attribute it to a combination of all 4 but I have never heard of hallucinations of this caliber or being disabling to this degree from just being - mildly - dopesick, or working too much, or from a low dose of DPH, or from even huge doses of DPH, and I can't see how combining any of the four would fuck me up this bad. Any thoughts?

Hmm. My girlfriend and I have experienced this same disorienting effect the one time we tried excessively high doses, 10 grams each, of phenibut.

It had unbelievable stimulating effects. I noticed though after about five hours little things like colors seemed oddly bright along with seeing ghost trails and "figures" in the corner of my eyes. It was startling and really unpleasant so upon trying to sleep the effects off we both had extremely vivid and wild dreams that I can only explain as the most lucid dreams I've ever had!

So maybe phenibut has some stimulating effects that combined with work have pushed you over into a light stimulant psychosis. Man anything's possible when you combine all those factors. I don't think dope sick, work, and phenibut are small factors. I'm using methamp to get me thru the fatigue as I'm 4 days off suboxone and I'm expecting that anything that happens is normal hahaha. Good luck bro, being dope sick sucks so I wish you the best, may be use smaller doses of phenibut! By the way how does phenny work for coming off dope? And what was your habit like h or oxy or what?

I'll agree about the ghost trails, figures. The dreams I had last night were incredibly vivid, tales spun with such ingenuity and vigor that when I told the people who were present in my dreams about them they said that I'd changed their whole day!

But I didn't receive any stimulating effects, quite the opposite - the 'pushing' feeling I felt was also coupled with something I just recently read - an inner darkness and fatigue that seems to boil from the inside out. Aye, I was almost on a deeper form of nodding out than I get from hard opiates, a feeling of inner exhaustion that resulted in some seriously dark thoughts. Weird.

My habit's been small. That's why I said my dopesickness was fairly small. I've been wired to kratom for a year now, never going over 10 grams a day, the last couple months I've been doing a bunch of hydromorphs, anywhere from 8mg to 32mg a day but the last two weeks I've been weaning, taking one to three days off in between small doses of less than 5g of kratom. This phenibut experience was on days 2/3 of the minor withdrawals so I don't feel its a huge contributing factor but I could agree with the bit about stimulant psychosis - perhaps phenibut-specific psychosis because I should mention that prior to the dreams I had, I was having some pretty serious audio hallucinations. Really weird ones. It sounded like someone had installed a water pipe right above my head and the thing was backed up and dripping constantly on my bed. I also passed out on the bus on my way home and missed my stop which I've never done before even when I'm on hardcore opiate nods.

Who knows whatsup. Phenibut still seems to have fairly low conclusive research so any input is a big help