• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Phenibut and permanent gaba b tolerance

ThePredecessor

Bluelighter
I have been taking gabapentin at the dose of 4,000mg three times a week for over three years for recreational value. Throughout this time my tolerance never seemed to be an issue and I always felt the "high".. about a month ago I stopped all together and never felt any withdrawals from it which is lucky of me because I hear gaba withdrawals are comparable to benzos. Recently I started to do phenibut in high doses such a 10 grams three times a week and I have noticed that I feel only slightly different.. on the days I'm not using it I don't feel any withdrawals BUT its strange that 10 grams doesn't affect me like it did a year ago when I dabbled with it. Now my question is it possible to have fucked up my gaba b receptors to a point where 10 grams of a psychoactive substance won't even alter my mind?... Gagapentin isn't even supposed to touch the gaba receptors but that is the only gaba like substance I have ever used.. (no ghb and Im sober from alcohol for over 6 months..)

help :)

Although not unheard of, 10 grams is a FUCKTON of phenibut. I honestly can't think of any substance where taking 10 grams is a good idea Lol kratom maybe?

I've fucked myself with phenibut before, taking 3.5-4g daily for 8 months. Hellish withdrawal. My gaba receptors seem to be healing though. I've kept my drinking to a minimum, maybe twice a week. I'm over two months off phenibut and I'm starting to see improvement. The first couple weeks off we're the worst.

Phenibut may very well do some sort of permenant damage. You never do get that magic of your first couple times again once it's passed, even after considerable amount of time off. Makes me wonder what the hell is going on in my brain when I take that nasty space powder.

Id scale down your dosage or just quit though bro. You've definitely hit the ceiling if you're taking 10 fucking grams and not getting strong effects. It can only go downhill from there. 10 grams would put me in a coma no lie.

Couldn't it just mean that I have a high tolerance to GABA drugs? I never got that amazing feeling my first time I was just more talkative which I like.

Depending on what other GABA drugs you've done in your past, that is a possibility. But if it takes 10 grams for you to enjoy phenibut, Id honestly just quit if I we're you. A dose that high is 100% sure doing damage to your organs. So why bother?