• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut - 10 Years Experience - A Comprehensive Long-Term Synopsis and Usage Guide

That was a great read xor, although as I've told you I'm unable to get the same euphoria as you and others. It makes me pretty horny that's about it. I was hoping it would have an effect on my anxiety but it doesn't really, I actually find it quite stimulating. More focused too, but at least once I had a gnarly panic attack .

When I've tried to use it at more recreational doses, it's just left me feeling nauseous for hours, with no euphoria or high (or horniness) either.

yeah I get the nausea too, but I wasn't sure if that was a product of my IBS more so than the phenibut.

Your IBS might play some kinda role I guess, but it's more likely just regular D2 receptor stimulation in a part of the brain called the chemoreceptor trigger zone (CTZ), which is what makes most people nauseous from drugs that affect dopamine release or pathways.

I love phenibut. I'm dependent on it at the moment, again, as a result of needing something to come off of GHB. I'm at every 3rd day, I am going to go cold turkey soon, I've done this before twice at this level (and once at daily use for a year)... I will experience 2 weeks of insomnia. One thing I really like about it is that when I do sleep, I dream SO intensely... like lucid, extremely intense, spiritual dreams. They're so cool.

Does 4g a night (like i take) seem like alot? Ive read of people taking much more than that.

Once i took 8g on accident having forgotten that i had already had 4g. I felt horrible the next day, very sleepy and nauseated. Was also very irritable, yelling at my girlfriend, etc. I hated her with a passion that day 🤣.

Make me think, if i am even half as angry and miserable (since i normally take half that dose every night), this shit sucks.

Never found phenibut a fraction as enjoyable as pregabalin. Im only on it now because in quit 900mg of pregabalin, was fine otherwise but couldn't sleep for almost 2 months straight so i gave in reluctantly to phenibut.

The only thing phenibut has going for it is music enhancement, in only that regard is it superior to pregabalin.

Both are poison to be frank. GABAergics should he reserved for either rare occasions or those who medically need them (which is fewer than for whom they are prescribed).

So there's no blackouts like with xanax what mg compares to what mg of xanax and just basing the fact that Lyrica helped you makes me think its not that great as Lyrica does absolutely nothing for me n isn't this nottopic best when combined with another notropic

And also lyrica is quiet easy to aquire from a regular doctor

It's much different from xanax. It isn't going to stop an anxiety attack and as posts from others recently in this thread can attest to, phenibut doesn't really work like it does for me for everyone.

But no phenibut is no nootropic, it's a drug, it's prescribed in Russia to treat PTSD. It is marketed as a nootropic to keep it under the radar.

Does 4g a night (like i take) seem like alot? Ive read of people taking much more than that.

Once i took 8g on accident having forgotten that i had already had 4g. I felt horrible the next day, very sleepy and nauseated. Was also very irritable, yelling at my girlfriend, etc. I hated her with a passion that day 🤣.

Make me think, if i am even half as angry and miserable (since i normally take half that dose every night), this shit sucks.

Never found phenibut a fraction as enjoyable as pregabalin. Im only on it now because in quit 900mg of pregabalin, was fine otherwise but couldn't sleep for almost 2 months straight so i gave in reluctantly to phenibut.

The only thing phenibut has going for it is music enhancement, in only that regard is it superior to pregabalin.

Both are poison to be frank. GABAergics should he reserved for either rare occasions or those who medically need them (which is fewer than for whom they are prescribed).

4g a night is a lot, yes. You should expect withdrawals from that. Daily phenibut usage is a bad idea.

I find pregabalin more euphoric and druggy, for sure/ I like phenibut for its utility and relative lack of intoxication.

Clearly it doesn't work the same for everyone. Some people even seem to report a much shorter duration of effects and a more intense effect. I was reading about some guy who said he has to take it every 6 hours or something to not start withdrawing, but for me (and many others) it takes 5+ hours to even reach full effect and lasts for like 24 hours.

It's much different from xanax. It isn't going to stop an anxiety attack and as posts from others recently in this thread can attest to, phenibut doesn't really work like it does for me for everyone.

But no phenibut is no nootropic, it's a drug, it's prescribed in Russia to treat PTSD. It is marketed as a nootropic to keep it under the radar.

4g a night is a lot, yes. You should expect withdrawals from that. Daily phenibut usage is a bad idea.

I find pregabalin more euphoric and druggy, for sure/ I like phenibut for its utility and relative lack of intoxication.

Clearly it doesn't work the same for everyone. Some people even seem to report a much shorter duration of effects and a more intense effect. I was reading about some guy who said he has to take it every 6 hours or something to not start withdrawing, but for me (and many others) it takes 5+ hours to even reach full effect and lasts for like 24 hours.

O okay i didn't know that learn something new everyday ima stick to xanax lol

It's completely licit and can even be bought at shops in person in the U.S. If you can't get it but you can get clonazepam out the wazoo, I'd like to trade places with you lol
Get MS(not fun havin it) 😂 you can get damn near anything with MS if I could only tell you what I’ve been prescribed, 30 mg of Valium a day ... somas, flexiril(useless in my opinion) barbiturates, 60mg of IR Adderall, morphine... list goes on n on useful for symptoms but more useful for some fun! Atleast for a while

yeah I get the nausea too, but I wasn't sure if that was a product of my IBS more so than the phenibut.
I'm really sensitive. I use it in low doses to help me sleep. I think the highest dose I ever took was a little over 600mg and that had me feeling nauseated and generally awful for hours

Not from the effects of phenibut, but from phenibut withdrawals I mean. I get the wildest dreams. They're often somewhat creepy but super interesting and intensely vivid and/or lucid.

I also wish I could be on phenibut all the time... it stops being magical if you take it too much though, plus it's physically addictive.
I know this is old but I've had dreams coming off of klonopin that made me question my view on reality! The dreams are so intense and long lasting, they are kind of disturbing for how realistic they are. I mean it's always like real life but a parallel dimension version of it. Always an evil tilt to everything. I see faces that I don't know but I feel like they were real. How does the brain manufacture landscapes and faces of people on the fly like this? I think that dreaming must be a way of Astral travel that these drugs are being used to suppress.. Imo

I really don't know, dreams are really crazy, I've had dreams where I woke up in awe that my brain could come up with something like that, Mostly they don't feel real after waking up but some on phenibut withdrawal have felt very real during and after.

Been on 4+g/night for 5 years. I'm tapering off of it currently at 1% a day, which sounds slow but this compounds pretty quicky. By the end of the year ill be at a few hundred milligrams.

The thing is that ill need to stop all my occasional benzo use and even opioid use otherwise i won't be able to handle it, as i get nasty rebounds from even occasional use of those. I went through a 4-5 day benzo and opioid use stretch recently and im still adhering to this schedule. Last night was a long one. This is the tapering schedule which may actually be a little too fast.

Nice, thanks for the info. Whenever I quit phenibut, I just do every other day, then eventually every 3rd day when every other day becomes normal. I find the half-life so long that most of the next day is fine, although I always dose in the morning pretty much.

Amazing that this thread is still going. I read the original post on Erowid when I was first learning about nootropics and RCs (one vendor I use sells both). It was a huge factor in my decision making as phenibut sounded like my kind of thing (And it was!). The write up also really helped to keep me safe as you were super clear on the potential hazards.

My first dose of phenibut kick started started my love affair with gabapentinoids. The first 3-4 times I took phenibut was like magic. It doesn't quite have that shine anymore but it still puts me in the "zone" every time. I like taking it by itself but I also had an insanely euphoric experience combining phenibut and 3-FPM last year,

My preferred dose is 1250 mg, taken first thing in the morning before I do anything else. Then I completely forget I've taken it until about 3 hours later when suddenly my brain is on fire (in a good way) and I'm a social butterfly. I like taking it on work days when I have a lot of talking or non-computer work to do, I do find I have a hard time focusing if I have to do data entry or something similar. I usually just end up listening to some tunes and answering emails/talking to people instead. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I also love drinking coffee on phenibut, both because of the synergy but also because there's absolutely no anxiety (I don't drink tons of coffee, usually 2 cups a day, sometimes 3 but almost never more).

I did get addicted to it once, last year. Thought I was doing alright but on the third day, I subcame to a severe panic attack that put me in the hospital because I thought I was having a heart attack and going. That's when I learned that panic attacks can feel similar to cardiac events...which is shitty. I took a long, long, long break from phenibut after that. 7-8 months, I think. I just got some not too long ago and have been extremely cautious about my dosing (every 4-5 days, never sooner).

I've been using pregabalin on and off in that interim and, now that I've had a chance to compare both in close proximity, I have to say I much prefer pregabalin. Besides liking the effects and the duration more (especially the faster come up), I find it just agrees with me. I'm careful not to abuse it too much, my usual dose is about 250 mg but I do like an occasional higher dose (500-700 mg) when mixing with stims. I stick to a lower dose when taking psychedelics with it.

I've been using pregabalin on and off in that interim and, now that I've had a chance to compare both in close proximity, I have to say I much prefer pregabalin. Besides liking the effects and the duration more (especially the faster come up), I find it just agrees with me. I'm careful not to abuse it too much, my usual dose is about 250 mg but I do like an occasional higher dose (500-700 mg) when mixing with stims. I stick to a lower dose when taking psychedelics with it.

I'm glad you've found Pregabalin agrees with you more. And, I want to offer that you may experience more cognitive deficits in the future using it instead of Phenibut. There's tons of reports of chronic use of Pregabalin leading to cognitive deficits, to the point that I would never take it even semi-regularly. Whereas Phenibut doesn't seem to cause the same mental issues.

Not to scare you, but just for you to be aware. From my research, Phenibut has less chances of long term effects than other gabapentoids.

I'm glad you've found Pregabalin agrees with you more. And, I want to offer that you may experience more cognitive deficits in the future using it instead of Phenibut. There's tons of reports of chronic use of Pregabalin leading to cognitive deficits, to the point that I would never take it even semi-regularly. Whereas Phenibut doesn't seem to cause the same mental issues.

Not to scare you, but just for you to be aware. From my research, Phenibut has less chances of long term effects than other gabapentoids.

Thanks for sharing that bit of info, I somehow wasn't aware of that. I'll do some further reading to make sure I fully understand.

I also love pregabalin, it's much more intoxicating, though. I find it does not increase my performance, rather it decreases it, but it makes my mood unfailingly fantastic and has a wonderful high that even gets quasi-psychedelic at higher doses.

Been on 4+g/night for 5 years. I'm tapering off of it currently at 1% a day, which sounds slow but this compounds pretty quicky. By the end of the year ill be at a few hundred milligrams.

The thing is that ill need to stop all my occasional benzo use and even opioid use otherwise i won't be able to handle it, as i get nasty rebounds from even occasional use of those. I went through a 4-5 day benzo and opioid use stretch recently and im still adhering to this schedule. Last night was a long one. This is the tapering schedule which may actually be a little too fast.

I really hope it works for you. I seem to be ultra sensitive when it comes to withdrawing from anything related to Gaba I was on phenibut for maybe a month and went through such severe withdrawal extreme extreme depression worse than opioid depression and not maybe as bad as klonopin withdrawal but the mental depression was definitely worse but I don't know how anyone could withdraw from 4 years of it that's just strong will or something

I also love pregabalin, it's much more intoxicating, though. I find it does not increase my performance, rather it decreases it, but it makes my mood unfailingly fantastic and has a wonderful high that even gets quasi-psychedelic at higher doses.
I've been prescribed Lyrica for a while now at 150 three times a day and the tolerance just seems to Skyrocket to Oblivion even if I take like 10 of them now I don't feel a darn thing but if I don't take them then I feel a darn thing I feel like crap it's similar to phenibut withdrawal

Yeah Lyrica and phenibut have some strong similarities, though I find Lyrica more quasi-psychedelic... I get visuals, and a feeling of grand adventure, it makes me really fucking high, I love it. The first time I had phenibut withdrawals, I was doing 3-4 grams every day for a year and then lost my tub and was broke and had to wait for my next paycheck to buy more. I didn't expect withdrawals because it was in 2006 and a lot less people had experience with it, and a lot of people were saying it was not physically addictive. I started getting pretty awful withdrawals, and a package I had given up for lost finally arrived, it was some Lyricas. I took 375mg I think it was, and proceeded to have the best day ever. Totally and completely eliminated the withdrawals and I got so damn high, it was one of the most euphoric drug experiences of my life.

I'm honestly pretty shocked that phenibut is still totally legal and cheaply and easily available as a supplement. Lol. After all this time, it's still just flying under the radar.

Yeah Lyrica and phenibut have some strong similarities, though I find Lyrica more quasi-psychedelic... I get visuals, and a feeling of grand adventure, it makes me really fucking high, I love it. The first time I had phenibut withdrawals, I was doing 3-4 grams every day for a year and then lost my tub and was broke and had to wait for my next paycheck to buy more. I didn't expect withdrawals because it was in 2006 and a lot less people had experience with it, and a lot of people were saying it was not physically addictive. I started getting pretty awful withdrawals, and a package I had given up for lost finally arrived, it was some Lyricas. I took 375mg I think it was, and proceeded to have the best day ever. Totally and completely eliminated the withdrawals and I got so damn high, it was one of the most euphoric drug experiences of my life.

I'm honestly pretty shocked that phenibut is still totally legal and cheaply and easily available as a supplement. Lol. After all this time, it's still just flying under the radar.

Yeah i find pregabalin pretty psychedelic too. High doses feel similar to an empathogen, and has a sort of 6-APB like feel to it.