• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut - 10 Years Experience - A Comprehensive Long-Term Synopsis and Usage Guide

Perfect description of the phenibut experience I felt like I was testing my own notes on it. Agree with every part of original post.

Lately i been getting into fluro phenibut. It feels 95%the same but with only having to take a small dose I dont get that high acidity body feeling from it. It also produces a stronger but easier to control mania and with good bud the music enhancement is even stronger.
I use phenibut for playing in my band, practicing with my band, listening to music with good headphones and vinyls, sex with the mrs and sometimes for work.

I have also been using it 10 years or so and I rank it right next to good bud as my favorite long term ally. It always works and i never got hooked on it. Simply makes life better if only for twice a week but I'll take it!

I haven't ever used fluoro-phenibut, perhaps I'll give it a try. It doesn't last as long, does it?

I haven't ever used fluoro-phenibut, perhaps I'll give it a try. It doesn't last as long, does it?
Yes duration is shorter do I use regular phenibut and sometime faa phenibut for my day excursion once a week and the f-phenibut for early evening band jamming and Friday night music jamming.

Cool, I'll have to give it a shot. What is the dosage like compared to phenibut? Proportion-wise?

Cool, I'll have to give it a shot. What is the dosage like compared to phenibut? Proportion-wise?

I'll jump in and give my two pennies worth:

Ive heard people suggesting f-phenibut is somewhere between 5-10 times stronger than regular phenibut and I agree because I found it about 7 to 8 times stronger. I would take 250mg of f-phenibut to approximate 2g of phenibut.

I found f-phenibut lacking though. Just didn't seem to have that special/magical edge that regular phenibut has. Much less in the way of the next day afterglow to. But some people seem to really enjoy f-phenibut so don't let what I say talk you out of trying it.

Yeah my friend got some once, he also loves phenibut, and said it made him more intoxicated but didn't have the same magic. I'm still gonna try it though.

I think some take less than me. I take 600mg of fluoro phenibut but only reason is after time the acidity of high doses of phenibut started getting to me. If you dont have this issue than best to stick with the tried and true but my curious nature would have tried it anyways. I'm not a fan of faa phenibut though it is even cleaner feeling than f-phenibut not in a good way.

I notice the acidity of phenibut, for sure. It's a downside but I don't mind it too much unless I take too much, then it becomes very unpleasant.

I find F-phenibut no where near as good as Phenibut. Totally lacking in any mood uplift. Music experience minimal.
I got mine from same vendor as my Phenibut, not to say the F-phenibut may not be up to scratch from them though .

I find it only about 3 times as strong. For me to get a decent effect I need about 0.5g although it makes me a bit manic.

Sex is great on Phenibut on F-phenibut it's a bit scuzzy and not in a nice way.

Seems some people love it though. Pregabalin for me is the best. Probably right up there in my top 3 drugs.

Yeah I also think pregabalin is amazing, better than phenibut but similar. But more intoxicating. The first time I did it, I took 300mg, I was actually withdrawing from phenibut which was why I took it, and it was in the top 3-5 amazing feeling highs of my entire life.

I got some GHB recently, for the first time, and it reminds me of phenibut, too. Including some of the weird restless leg pains when I dosed a little too high. It's definitely more intoxicating though and doesn't last anywhere near as long. But more outright euphoric. If I had to pick one to be able to do and drop the other, I'd pick phenibut for sure.

Does anybody else pronounce phenibut as 'pheni-beaut'?

I always mistakingly assumed that was the name without ever really thinking about it, but now I just call it that anyway. It's a far better name involving the word 'beaut' instead of 'but'. =D

The correct pronounciation would be 'pheni-byout' or something similar, as it comes from butyric acid. Not sure how close you is to the u in butyric, as I'm not a native speaker, but I guess it should be right.

Shadowmeister you should try 300mg of pregabalin with some phenibut, it's ace!
Use sparingly though as kinda negates using pregabalin for phenibut withdrawal. I find that after a few hours of phenibut once I sit down I can just fall asleep with no warning. I can be talking then next thing I know im snoring or someone gives me a nudge. Taking it with pregabalin seems for me anyway to keep me awake and get the best from both of them.

Anymore than 300mg if pregabalin is a waste. Lose the nice euphoric high and gain a more sloppy drunk feeling.

What's everyone's thoughts on a tolerance break for phenibut? I've read anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months. I've been using for over a year with about three days off a week with longest break being 2 weeks but I did take pregabalin a couple of days in that 2 weeks.

I know this is a phenibut thread so don't wanna high jack it with other stuff but just to say for me gabapentin is the poorest relation. Nothing like as good as phenibut or lyrica/pregabalin.

I pronounce it "pheni-butt". My friends and I like to say "yo girl, you got a phenbi-butt", to random laides.

Actually we don't, but we do like to talk about how we should do that.

Honestly I've been using it for years on end and as long as I use it every 3 days, I never need a tolerance break, it works the same every time.

My experience w/ P-butt is it speeds up my heart for 24 HOURS PLUS! Definitely gonna skip this drug in the future. Very dangerous if you have a heart condition. Still have like 98.5 grams lol

You know it's weird, it speeds up my heart too, even though I find it relaxing. Same with GHB (now that I've tried GHB finally, I find phenibut and GHB quite similar... GHB is like a much faster and more intense phenibut with way more intoxication and a MUCH, MUCH shorter duration). Both make my skin radiate heat... since the only activitm they have in common is GABA-B agonism, I have to conclude that GABA-B agonism produces that skin heat effect.

I got to where I was dosing 2g once a week or so and I wasn't getting "the glow" but instead a piercing headache that grew as the day went on (required 1200mg of ibuprofen to even touch) and the last time I took it I was out-of-control intoxicated with no other substances in my system. Literally, in a public restroom looking into a mirror with a shit-eating grin trying to remember WTF I took.

Left it alone for 4+ months and on a whim woke up early one morning two weeks ago and took 1,250mg and, once again, within 45 minutes was having mindblowing sex and all day long was the person I always wish I could be; attracting everyone and able to engage in really good conversation with people who I normally find obnoxious. This Sunday morning I got up and did 1,500mg and had the same exact experience and it lasted til Monday afternoon.

I don't get it but this time I'm a.) not taking the 500mg choline, and b.) not trying to keep an empty stomach for hours.

Very, very happy to report that I'm back in the saddle with my weekly doses of phenibut. As soon as I get any hint of headache this time I'm going to bow out again for 6-8 weeks and try again.

Nice, I'm glad it went back to being good for you. I've never had the headache effect from it myself, it's been super reliable for me for a long time.

I'm currently taking about 3.5 grams every other day. I'm pissed at myself because what happened was I finally sourced some GHB. Turns out I liked it way too much and by the time it was gone I was physically dependent. To avoid seizures I started taking phenibut (since both are GABA-B agonists), and it turns out I needed to take it every other day at a pretty high dose. So now I've gotta reduce and then jump to every third day and then stop entirely for a while.

Turns out GHB and phenibut are quite similar except GHB lasts very short and is super intensely moreish/hedonistic and I had no control over myself with it. And you wake up after like 5 hours of sleep totally unable to sleep again. Phenibut is a way better drug I think. Not as intensely euphoric or intoxicating, but so much easier to control your usage, and such a more functional thing. And a very similar feeling.

I think I need to avoid GHB. I live close to a beach and I can see myself getting high and going down and there getting into trouble. =D

Man, I'm thinking that megadoses of something like Cordyceps might help you heal and get off that shit with minimal damage. Or medicinal mushrooms like Chaga.

I hear reports of others having headaches but they tend to say they got them only if they didn't take Choline, whereas I think Choline was the culprit for me. I'm going to tread lightly and keep to 1,500mg and see how long it works for me this time. Now I know what to do; stick it back in the bottom bin of the fridge when things start getting off.