• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut - 10 Years Experience - A Comprehensive Long-Term Synopsis and Usage Guide

I always have people asking me what phenibut feels like and I can never properly describe it. I'm just going to start showing them your post. :)

Does anyone else get super dry eyes in the morning after phenibut? It always seems to do this to me even if I chug water before going to bed.

I always have people asking me what phenibut feels like and I can never properly describe it. I'm just going to start showing them your post. :)

Does anyone else get super dry eyes in the morning after phenibut? It always seems to do this to me even if I chug water before going to bed.

Yes I do, and I also feel very groggy and fuzzy headed in the morning after.

Is the fuzzy headedness just the morning after or while you're on it as well? For me it definitely dumbs me down quite a bit even while I'm on it, as well as for 2-3 days after. Except for socially, I feel like it makes me a better listener and speaker.

I think it hurts my motivation significantly though, especially now that I've been daily dosing it's going to another level. I feel completely apathetic towards any sort of mental exercise, although I still have plenty of motivation for certain things like getting to the gym.

Over the past couple weeks I've found a few strategies for breaking through the phenibut brain fog. The first one is cold showers, which there's some reason to believe might increase dopamine and norepinephrine release for some hours after.

The other strategy, which I've found is even more helpful, is piracetam. I'd never really given it a shot but wow, this stuff actually deserves to be called a nootropic. I'd love to try it when I'm not on phenibut because I imagine it would have my brain working at full capacity. The only downside is it can make me pretty irritable. Personally I dislike noopept, and phenylpiracetam was never that effective either, but piracetam is remarkable stuff.

Over the past couple weeks I've found a few strategies for breaking through the phenibut brain fog. The first one is cold showers, which there's some reason to believe might increase dopamine and norepinephrine release for some hours after.

The other strategy, which I've found is even more helpful, is piracetam. I'd never really given it a shot but wow, this stuff actually deserves to be called a nootropic. I'd love to try it when I'm not on phenibut because I imagine it would have my brain working at full capacity. The only downside is it can make me pretty irritable. Personally I dislike noopept, and phenylpiracetam was never that effective either, but piracetam is remarkable stuff.

I prefer piracetam over most other nootropics, myself. It's subtle, and some people claim they don't feel anything, but that's because... you don't "feel" anything, it's not stimulating at all, like noopept and phenylpiracetam. But when you need a mental boost and you plan to be using your brain in high gear, it really works. I notice a substantial increase in my ability to multitask effectively, and that's its most pronounced effect. It aids my recall of words and facts as well, and gives me a subtle sense of well-bring, though I think that may be from the satisfaction of being able to sustain a high level of mental gymnastics. I have a job that stretches my brain, so piracetam really is a nice boost for me. And it doesn't in any way drain me... it feels like brain vitamins, like I'm giving myself something wholesome that only adds to me, not detracts.

I need to order some, it's been quite a while. In fact I have a deadline for the project I've been working on at work for the past year, in 2 weeks from now. It would be a good time for a piracetam run,

I didn't realize piracetam was imperceptible for most. It makes my vision much crisper and gives me some stimulation, although it's a calm and centered stimulation. Perhaps it becomes more perceptible in combination with phenibut though.

Another phenibut combo I tried for the first time the other day was with kratom. On its own kratom is nice although I rarely take it, but it really takes you to another level in combination with phenibut. Not any sort of bodily euphoria, but a deep-rooted sense of genuine happiness and contentment that left me grinning ear to ear. Not a huge dose of kratom either, I think I took 1.5g of Bali gold and then redosed the same amount a few hours later.

It's interesting how it can affect us differently, i never got any brain fog or comedown or hangover from it and i've taken HUGE dosages. A must try combo with phenibut is of course a stimulant like speed. Another unparalleled high/combo for immersing into movies/shows etc is 2-cb-fly and phenibut - for me that'd be 5-10mg of former and ~3.5g of later, BUT doses of both vary siginificantly between people so find your own balance.

Considering it can be one of the most euphoric drugs (if you ever got that effect from it) i would take it on rare occasions and far in-between the dosages. I made the mistake of using it as a sleep aid once a week a some time ago and since then the magic is almost gone.

How does real phenibut high taste like? Even in high dosages it can act like a stimulant (mentally ofc), the music gets enhanced on levels easily comparable to psychedelics, but different, paired with some electronic bass-friendly music the euphoria and music synthesizes sending you into hypomanic state which is in league of its own. Additionally like pregabalin (and im sure people will disagree) its action of VDCC causes some dissociative-like effects like time dilation, few hours will feel like an entire afternoon and evening.This should be noticable to anyone versed in classical dissos. After the night out and you're ready for sleep it will put you in a beautiful slumber that is definitely better than any benzo i've tried (i use them solely for sleep) and you wake up feeling well rested and in a good mood. I'll try to expand my post about those distant moments of its high when i remember them.

Last edited:
Haha, sounds like my first time except I was just laying around at home, not working.

Yeah phenibut is a really good thing if you use it right. I find pregabalin to feel similar but just like way stronger and more intense, some of the best I've ever felt was from pregabalin, it was like holy shit, is this real?

Took phenibut tonight, met a BLer, and had an epic night. :) It's probably the most consistently useful tool in my chemical toolbox. Always the same effects, and they're really useful effects.

I agree baclofen is weird. I've read reports of people experiencing great highs on baclofen but it's never happened to me. I also seem to be really sensitive because the first time I took it I took 40mg (after reading of people taking a lot more to get high) and it basically felt like a phenibut overdose but worse. I will say though that if you're experiencing phenibut withdrawals, baclofen gets rid of it. One time when I found myself having used phenibut a bit too often and I had some minor withdrawals, I used baclofen for a few days, just enough to get rid of the withdrawals, and I got past it easily.
Hey, sorry to bump an old thread but you seem to know a lot about these kind of things so I thought I’d ask?

I’ve asked on another sub if Phenibut would be likely ineffective for me if I don’t get effects at all and in extreme dosages even of baclofen since they are close relatives. But reading this reminded me about the time I had a nearly full bottle of lyrica and took massive doses because I was getting no effect. I never did get any effect and I took the entire bottle I had that day.

This makes me think that it’s likely Phenibut will not work for me.

I did get pleasant effects from gabapentin the first two times I had ever taken it. Just like a subtle mood lift. Never felt drunk or anything. But was never able to repeat those effects even with incremental dosing taking with fat etc.

Well, I just took 1g from a very reputable vendor so I guess I’ll see by my experience in a few hours. I’m just wondering if these are good indications that I will be in the ineffective group.

Also, I didn’t see anything about whether taking on an empty stomach affects it or with a fatty food. I have seen very mixed reports. Some say eating with it increased absorption and some say that taking on an empty stomach is the only way they get effects. Some even say coffee potentials it especially if you put butter in it but that sounds gross. I like coffee by itself but with butter yuck. And not sure why coffee on its own would increase absorption. Maybe it synergizes with it idk.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

If you've taken huge doses of pregabalin, with no effects, then I doubt phenibut will do anything much for you. Baclofen is a GABA-B agonist, and not a calcium ion channel blocker, and gabapentin and lyrica are calcium ion channel blockers and not GABA-B agonists... and phenibut is both. But you seem to be largely immune to both (which is strange), so I wouldn't expect much from phenibut. But you never know. Do keep in mind that phenibut takes a good 4-5 hours to kick in, so be careful redosing, if you decide to redose.

I think the whole taking it with a fatty meal thing is unique to gabapentin, as it is absorbed via an amino acid transporter in the small intestine... phenibut (and lyrica, and baclofen) are absorbed in the stomach like most other drugs, so this should not be a factor. If anything, an empty stomach should improve absorption.

limb soreness, especially in my legs,
That's funny, I've never noticed it before, but I got this for the first time last night with a higher than usual dose. It reminded me EXACTLY of the leg achiness I used to get from GHB. I wonder what causes it?

Used it since 2005 off and on. Most ever was twice a week. It seems to just about always get some kind of rebound anxiety, even on 500-750 mgs, after a day or two, or maybe three afterwrads, where try to combat it with cbd cannabis, or thc canabis, or a mix or both. Or l theanine, which effects gaba as well.

Yeah i get stiffness in my legs and in my back and neck too. I think ghb is popular amongst bodybuilders as it's 0 cal and increases muscle tone.

Yep, I worked in a store that sold it OTC way back in the day. I never bought any or thought much about it, and I don't really remember anyone buying it.

Yep, I worked in a store that sold it OTC way back in the day. I never bought any or thought much about it, and I don't really remember anyone buying it.
Weird. It was a big hit in England. But anything that g1ets y1o1u wrecked is popular.

I miss dosing phenibut. Think it's been about six months or so. Got plenty but know I'm fuckin with my gaba too much already.
I've heard it hits the liver kinda rough and am trying to heal mine ATM idk why....