• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenethylamine - Why is it euphoric when you're moving, and dysphoric when not?

Seattle_Stranger

Bluelighter
Hey all. Talking about Phenethylamine HCl (PEA) here.

Some people experience no effect. However, some of us can take PEA with or without an MAOI and experience an intense rush that lasts about a half hour. If I take PEA and I'm not being active, the rush is intense, off-putting, somewhat dysphoric and nauseating, and I'm usually glad to feel it diminish, kinda like when a non-smoker takes a puff of a cigarette. However, if I take it and I'm, say, dancing or swimming, the effect is profoundly euphoric only comparable to strong MDMA and I feel sad when it wears off and compelled to re-dose, again similar to MDMA. If I pop another dose, it will hit just the same and as long as I'm dancing, it's euphoric again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Does anyone understand why the PEA effect is so different between when you're moving and not?

Thanks!

Because it's strongly adrenergic?

Also, I thought it was rather typical of dopamine/norepinephrine-releasing stimulants to make you, well, want to do things.

It's a strange sensation, not in a typical stimulant kind of way where it makes you 'want to do things', but then again in a lot of ways it is typical. When moving around, the effects mirror that of what one would expect from an amphetamine or maybe even cocaine, where you start to feel talkative, social, confident, euphoric, but the problem is that these feelings instantly go away if you stop moving.

The point of this thread was that I was hoping more folks had experience with this chemical and maybe had some success with curbing the negative effects and prolonging the positive ones with some kind of combination or something. I know some MAOI's alter the effects, but I haven't had any luck actually improving the experience using hordenine.

I thoroughly enjoy moving and dancing on a stimulant as much as the next guy, but I also enjoy chilling out and talking, observing, and not constantly gyrating just to feel OK while comfortably stimmed.