MAPS Phase 3 Trials MDMA Assisted Psychotherapy PTSD

andyturbo

Administrator: PR.net
The FDA has granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation for MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD. This means the FDA agrees that this treatment may have a meaningful advantage and greater compliance over available medications for PTSD.

The first FDA-regulated Phase 3 trial of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD is underway, and MAPS is preparing to expand to Phase 3 trials in seven European countries in 2020. We are currently seeking funding in support of MAPS’ mission to make psychedelic therapy a legal treatment around the world.

maps.org

Man, I'm having the hardest time trying to get my father in law to sign up for this.

He lives right near 2 locations providing this therapy.

He has what his doctor describes as untreatable PTSD, rooted from his time spent as a medic in Viet Nam.

Any suggestions?

I know he is on at least one mood stabilizer, which is obviously a no no with MDMA, but he is willing to cease use if he thinks it could work. Unfortunately, he doesn't think it can work because he tried MDMA once before years ago (after cessation from any other seratonin drugs for 4+ weeks) and said he felt nothing other than some slight sedation and almost opiate like high....

I tried explaining that it is not meant to be an instant fix and is to be used hand in hand with lengthy therapeutic sessions.

He oscillates between interest and apathy in the subject but is constantly struggling with his mental health dye to this issue. It is a tremendous drain speaking to him as he is constantly in a doolm n gloom kind of mood. Every. Time. We. Talk.

The evidence for this and microdosing of psilocybin mushrooms is becoming overwhelming isn’t it?

I saw in a lot of studies success rates in the 60% range which is HUGE.

I’m personally terrified of hallucinagens but as a long term sufferer of PTSD I’m at the point I’d give it a shot.
Supposedly micro dosing doesn’t have very many hallucinogenic properties? Is this correct?

I can only speak to microdosing L. You would be correct in stating that the "hallucinigenic" properties are nearly null. Now the proper way to do this would be either dissolving a good bit into some liquid form and then titrating from there. I've just been going with the slice the hits into halves and then half those halves until you can't anymore. This gets me to about 1/24 to 1/32 of a hit. Which seems ideal in effects. I can say it has significantly curbed my appetite for alcohol. But these benefits are only temporary and I can't speak to the long term effects of daily microdosing. I always try to space it out a few days and take weeks to months off.

Seems to put me in a positive mindset and a bit more attuned to to world around me with a boost in energy and alertness.

I have made the mostake of taking like 1/8 of a hit before and that was just like an 8 hour comeup with plenty of forgetfulness. Not advised.

I know ppl who microdosed shrooms, but that seems even more difficult to control than LSD in that you can never really be sure how much of certain alkaloids are in certain parts of the fungus, this also applies to acid blotter I suppose (another good reason to titrate). The lowest mushroom dose I've taken would be 1g and it was mildly pleasant but still had some mental and visual changes that I would not say are inline with microdosing. I guess .1 to .25 would be ideal for this? But maybe someone else here can speak on that. Also, everyone reacts different and only you know yourself and your tolerance.

Last edited:
I can only speak to microdosing L. You would be correct in stating that the "hallucinigenic" properties are nearly null. Now the proper way to do this would be either dissolving a good bit into some liquid form and then titrating from there. I've just been going with the slice the hits into halves and then half those halves until you can't anymore. This gets me to about 1/24 to 1/32 of a hit. Which seems ideal in effects. I can say it has significantly curbed my appetite for alcohol. But these benefits are only temporary and I can't speak to the long term effects of daily microdosing. I always try to space it out a few days and take weeks to months off.

Seems to put me in a positive mindset and a bit more attuned to to world around me with a boost in energy and alertness.

I have made the mostake of taking like 1/8 of a hit before and that was just like an 8 hour comeup with plenty of forgetfulness. Not advised.

I know ppl who microdosed shrooms, but that seems even more difficult to control than LSD in that you can never really be sure how much of certain alkaloids are in certain parts of the fungus, this also applies to acid blotter I suppose (another good reason to titrate). The lowest mushroom dose I've taken would be 1g and it was mildly pleasant but still had some mental and visual changes that I would not say are inline with microdosing. I guess .1 to .25 would be ideal for this? But maybe someone else here can speak on that. Also, everyone reacts different and only you know yourself and your tolerance.
Any good for someone with drug induced psychosis or schizophrenia you reckon?

Man, I'm having the hardest time trying to get my father in law to sign up for this.

He lives right near 2 locations providing this therapy.

He has what his doctor describes as untreatable PTSD, rooted from his time spent as a medic in Viet Nam.

Any suggestions?

I know he is on at least one mood stabilizer, which is obviously a no no with MDMA, but he is willing to cease use if he thinks it could work. Unfortunately, he doesn't think it can work because he tried MDMA once before years ago (after cessation from any other seratonin drugs for 4+ weeks) and said he felt nothing other than some slight sedation and almost opiate like high....

I tried explaining that it is not meant to be an instant fix and is to be used hand in hand with lengthy therapeutic sessions.

He oscillates between interest and apathy in the subject but is constantly struggling with his mental health dye to this issue. It is a tremendous drain speaking to him as he is constantly in a doolm n gloom kind of mood. Every. Time. We. Talk.

This is all getting very exciting. I dont know man RE father in law. I'll have a think.

I guess if anyone here or anyone you know is involved and would be open to a minor bit of back and forth with him through email or something. I guess I could reach out in the MAPS fb but they are mostly students.

Doblin stopped returning my emails when I was trying to get Ali fired

I know ppl who microdosed shrooms, but that seems even more difficult to control than LSD in that you can never really be sure how much of certain alkaloids are in certain parts of the fungus, this also applies to acid blotter I suppose (another good reason to titrate). The lowest mushroom dose I've taken would be 1g and it was mildly pleasant but still had some mental and visual changes that I would not say are inline with microdosing. I guess .1 to .25 would be ideal for this? But maybe someone else here can speak on that.

.1 to .25 or even .3g seems to be the range of microdoses that people are talking about in terms of mushrooms. Those are some of the dosages available in gel cap form from vendors here in Canada. The guy in Vancouver who sells mushroom microdoses out of his shop in that city rolls with .25g doses iirc. My clearnet vendor also sells doses with .1g.

I myself have been making what I would term low dose tea for the last two to three months, but I've been a very unreliable source for information as I just eye it out before grinding it up, always share the pot with one or two other people, and am not entirely always shying away from at least mild hallucinogenic effects.
I think I can confidently assign blame to me quitting smoking cigs cold turkey after 15 years to this...never mind the pleasant effects its had in reducing my taste for alcohol.

Damn this is all depressing and overly complex. I can't see approval seeing the light of day.

Why are people in power so cruel and mendacious? Its obvious most of them serve a luciferian death cult.

Example I had stomach spasms years ago. Then eventually they went, before the next drug which could help got to market.

It was time to be accessible for every class-tier.

A lil late but better than never.

In Canada we have universal health but not to many new alternatives for ptsd. I have seen a few doctors over the years but they only offer antidepressants and benzos
Now im finally sober in and dealing with the depression that comes with sobering up and my ptsd so it's really frustrating knowing there's alternatives i can't have access to.
Maybe ketamine or microdosing with shrooms would help but finding a doctor to do it is impossible