• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Pharmacy situation-missing pills

PhoenixWright

Greenlighter
I take Ultram 50mg (45 tablets- take 1 & 1/2 tablets nightly) and Gabapentin 600mg (60 tablets- twice daily in morning & afternoon) and have for the past three years for my legs. I see my doctor every 3 months, she writes up my prescriptions and will add two refills for each one. Example: I was prescribed the first prescription April 20th and I will see her again at the end of July 25th where I will get them renewed. Last night I noticed something strange and found out my prescription was short six Ultram tablets. I never experienced this problem before and I'm clueless on how to take care of it. I'd rather not make a big deal out of this seeing as accidents can happen anywhere. I was thinking maybe since Wednesday is my 27th day I believe I could just call them to make a refill request since mentioning they miscounted my prescription now would be a waste of time? Thanks and happy Mother's Day!

Do you live with anyone? Could be an honest mistake but pharmacists are obviously supposed to be very responsible considering they handle some serious narcotics day to day. I would bring it to there attention u don't want anyone thinking you're the one running your script dry early ;).

Theres almost no chance they'll give you the 6 pills back since it's a controlled substance. I would highly recommend switching pharmacies. It could have been an honest mistake, but you never know. Tramadol is schedule four, so it's not quite as closely regulated. I'm afraid that if you can't switch pharmacies, your next best option might be to have them count your pills before giving you your prescription. However, telling them that you think you were given 6 fewer tablets than you were supposed to probably won't hurt you in any way.

Mistakes do happen though. I was once given 5 extra zolpidem tablets.

Theres almost no chance they'll give you the 6 pills back since it's a controlled substance. I would highly recommend switching pharmacies. It could have been an honest mistake, but you never know. Tramadol is schedule four, so it's not quite as closely regulated. I'm afraid that if you can't switch pharmacies, your next best option might be to have them count your pills before giving you your prescription. However, telling them that you think you were given 6 fewer tablets than you were supposed to probably won't hurt you in any way.

Mistakes do happen though. I was once given 5 extra zolpidem tablets.

Unfortunately, I cannot switch pharmacies for insurance reasons but I fully understand mistakes happen even in that line of work but just that without my medications even for a few days I will be screwed until whenever I can get a refill. My nerve pain is crazy that way. I think I'll try what I said before Wednesday I'll call about a refill and if they deny it I'll explain to them what happened and hope for the best.

Do you live with anyone? Could be an honest mistake but pharmacists are obviously supposed to be very responsible considering they handle some serious narcotics day to day. I would bring it to there attention u don't want anyone thinking you're the one running your script dry early ;).

That is a good point, but I'm worried they'll (my pharmacy) think I am lying just because I'm young (26) and Ultram happens to be a controlled substance

This is a tough one. Pharmacists are supposed to meticulously count pills to avoid this. I don't kow what they will say if you tell them, especially with it being a controlled substance.

This happened to me a couple times. It's really up to the pharmacy. Some no matter what you tell them will treat you like an addict trying to get over on them.

One time I was short 9 methadone and after being very persistent with the pharmacist I had been seeing for years they finally agreed to count they're stock and then they called me back and said they had found them they had fell next to they're counter thing. Whether that's the truth who knows.

Most of the time I'd say they will tell you to F off but if you have been dealing with this same place for years it's worth a try. Maybe try going up there in person.

This happened to me a couple times. It's really up to the pharmacy. Some no matter what you tell them will treat you like an addict trying to get over on them.

One time I was short 9 methadone and after being very persistent with the pharmacist I had been seeing for years they finally agreed to count they're stock and then they called me back and said they had found them they had fell next to they're counter thing. Whether that's the truth who knows.

Most of the time I'd say they will tell you to F off but if you have been dealing with this same place for years it's worth a try. Maybe try going up there in person.

And you are right that's how I'm picturing it in my mind. I've always gotten my medicines filled at Walmart pharmacy for years but the one I go to now is a new location that's only been around for a few months. I switched to that one cause it is only five minutes from my home rather than going across town to the older one. lol however I see this I'm screwed until the weekend