• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Pharmacology involving analytics question

Sanjit

Greenlighter
Hey Guys,

I have a question which I am not able to find exact accuracy anywhere, Can someone help me out with the below question?

If an extract is given i.p. and the effect is measured in blood by estimating the biological effect of the extract in diseased mice, can the intensity of effect over time be termed as bioavailability?

Thanks,
Sanjit

it can't bioavailability is the area under blood concentrations vs time curve of a certain roa (i.p) divided the area of the curve for iv administration, while the effect depends on the activity of the compound and not only on bioavailability

it can't bioavailability is the area under blood concentrations vs time curve of a certain roa (i.p) divided the area of the curve for iv administration, while the effect depends on the activity of the compound and not only on bioavailability

Thank you for response!

I agree with your statement but what term is best suited to express such biological effect, should it be therapeutic dose in systemic
circulation or just effective dose.

- Sanjit

well the therapeutic blood concentration should be more accurate, but usually they simply express the dose in mg/Kg