• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[PERTH] .:SUMMER BREAK:. Killa Kela, Deekline & Wizard @ Metro City 24th Nov REVIEWS!

astro^boi

Bluelighter
[PERTH] .:SUMMER BREAK:. Killa Kela, Deekline & Wizard @ Metro City 24th Nov REVIEWS!

TRAFIK INTERNATIONAL PRESENTS........
‘SUMMER BREAK’
FEATURING..

KILLA KELA
TRIP + DJ SKELETRIK
DEEKLINE & WIZARD
JOHN B
FUTURE DOGS
RINTEL
ARMEE
SIGNAL DRIVERS
NYQUIST FREAKS
MYSTIQUE
MULLER
ROMMEL

TRAFIK INTERNATIONAL THE PARTY PROFESSIONALZ COMES WITH ANOTHER INSTALLMENT OF THE FRESHEST PARTY OF THE YEAR! TERRORISING YOUR TAPE DECKS WITH THE WORLDS BEST IN HIP HOP, BREAKS and DRUM & BASS!

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 24TH
METRO CITY

Gig Time: 10.00pm til 06.00am
Information and online tickets from www.trafikinternational.com.au
Early bird tickets $40 online for limited time
Outlets; Mills, Planet, Narcissist, Beat, Galaxy, Jumbo, DJ Factory
After early bird period tix are the respectful price of $50 + B.FEE

Killa kela – Trip – Skeletrik bio:
The SpitKingdom Soundsystem, through combinations of beatboxing, Mcing, instrumentation, singing and Djing, is a stage show that takes audiences from hip-hop, ragga, soul and breaks right through to drum ‘n bass in what was described as TimeOut’s “most exciting stage show of the year”
Over 250 world-wide shows on the clock in the last 2 years including 2 headlining pan-European tours as well as support tours with the likes of Busta Rhymes, The Neptunes & N*E*R*D , Redman, The Streets and Public Enemy to name a few.

SpitKingdom Soundsystem, World B-Boy Champs, Wembley Arena
If 2004 was the break through, then 2005 is domination. Spit Kingdom embark on a huge UK tour this autumn to promote 2 key releases :
Killa Kela’s debut major album, “Elocution” being put out by Sony BMG through Spit Kingdom. It’s the major label’s priority home-grown release for 2005 and judging by the anticipation alone, it’s set to turn Kela into one of the most important artists this year and for many to come. With Spit Kingdom’s Rookwood featuring throughout, Spider J behind the boards, MC Trip blessing the skits and DJ Skeletrik holding down the executive production, Kela’s “Elocution” is Spit Kingdom’s prized asset that’s set to take all its members onto a whole new level.

Hot off the tails of Kela’s imminent success are Spit Kingdom’s other two established artists : Rookwood and MC Trip. An integral part of every Killa Kela show, where they have a massive platform to showcase a lot of their own original material, Rookwood & Trip consistently bring the house down with their live show. The brand-new double AA side Spit Kingdom 12” with Rookwood’s “What’s My Name” and Trip’s “Ringside” has already enjoyed huge support from Radio One and Radio 1xtra, but it’s only a hint of what’s to come as both have big solo album projects ready to be unleashed in 2006.
Having performed at all the major festivals throughout the summer, there’s little rest before the extensive autumn tour takes off which is set to establish the Spit Kingdom Soundsystem as the most exciting and progressive stage show in the land.
Deekline & Wizard bio:
2004 saw Deekline & Wizard reclaim the title as one of breaks most innovative and exciting prospects with the release of Breaks Beats and Blonde's on Botchit and Scarper.

2005 has seen things go from strength to strength with live appearances on Radio one and XFM, one of the best remix's of the year with Armand Van Heldens MY MY MY (Zane Lowes tune of the week on Radio One) a huge tour of Australia and North America and now a German number one single with the remix of The Prodigy's Out Of Space on Superstar Records.
Deekline and Wizard are now making huge waves in the US by pushing their bootybass inspired breakbeat sound and look set to dominate Miami next year.

Together with their Bootybouncers alter ego encompassing D&W production with UK grime & Bootybass the future looks bright for the booty loving duo.

Deekline:
Deekline started collecting records as a youngster, inspired by funk and electro, before becoming interested in hardcore and jungle. His first release was the immense “Don’t Smoke (Da Reefer)”, a bass-heavy, two-stepping beat monster with the catchiest vocal line ever – it was the first record put out on the newly-formed Rat Records, an imprint which still continues to churn out top-quality releases at the forefront of breaks and booty bass.

Further tracks with legends like Arthur Baker and Rennie Pilgrem and other groundbreaking producers like Donna Dee and Freq Nasty sealed Deekline’s reputation as a leading light in the UK dance music scene – a reputation helped along by the chart success of “Don’t Smoke”, which went to number 11 in the charts, and which led to Wu Tang Clan-member and twisted genius Ol’ Dirty Bastard asking for an official remix of his track “Want Your Money”.

At the same time, Deekline was livening up breaks in the UK, shaking up the sedentary nu-skool scene and twisting out the fattest basslines in the club nights he put together - Breakbeat Connection and Thursday Night Throwdown, both of which are still among the best and most exciting nights out to be had in the capital.

Wizard:
Greg started engineering at a young age, working freelance in a variety of London studios - once his talents were spotted, he very quickly found himself working with bands such as New Order and the Chemical Brothers. He picked up the moniker 'Wizard' due to his speed, skill and expertise within the studio - as a musician himself, his engineering and production work has gone side-by-side with a healthy dose of creative input.

Constant work over the last two and a half years has seen Greg put his stamp on albums for the likes of X-Press 2, Roll Deep, Lady Sovereign and M.I.A. Greg's programming, engineering and mixing can also be heard on remixes for artists as massive as The Rolling Stones, Damien Marley, Britney Spears, Fatboy Slim and Usher.

Working with these gigantic names has not distracted Greg from his work with some of the more underground sounds in UK music. Working with artists such as Roll Deep, Wiley, Ruff Squad and Lady Sovereign has helped to shape the now-massive UK Grime sound. The Wizard sound has helped define this fast-moving, frenetic vibe renowned for its tight beat, slick programming and deep, dark basslines.

With other strings to his bow including hip-hop engineering work (with The Nextmen, Ying Yang Twins & Skinnyman) and input on tracks for chart-based R&B acts (Shola Ama, Mis-Teeq), it's possible to see that no genre is outside of his grasp, and that his input has helped shape some of the most groundbreaking movements in UK dance music over the last few years.

John B bio:
If you haven’t come across John B in one of his many musical guises over the past decade, where have you been? Classically trained at a young age, this British super producer has gone on to become one of the most eclectic and unique individuals working within electronic music today. Consistently escaping categorization, John’s genre-defying catalogue spans the worlds of Electro, Trance and Drum & Bass, and a few other spaces across the BPM spectrum.
John’s career began in illustrious style as the one and only Goldie picked up on this mild-mannered, blonde-locked science graduate and his distinctive drum and bass beat constructions, and he was signed to the legendary Metalheadz label. Tracks such as the euphoric Up All Night have become instant classics in the canon of drum and bass, and repeatedly smashed dance floors worldwide. John B quickly became a headlining name on flyers across the globe, and his touring schedule has been non-stop ever since. Establishing his own stable of labels (Beta Recordings, Tangent, Chihuahua and Nu_Electro) to reflect his diverse tastes from liquid funk to Latin, provided the perfect platform for John’s groundbreaking sonic experimentation to develop.

From his studio and label HQ in Maidenhead, UK, John has since made major waves within the wider world of dance music. Having picked up on John’s early forays into trance production, Perfecto label boss and DJ superstar Paul Oakenfold commissioned tracks which ended up alongside the likes of Madonna and Justin Timberlake on the epic Great Wall compilation. John has also long worn his love of 80s electronica on his sleeve, way before the fashionistas jumped on the bandwagon, and he has been busy signing hot new electro-influenced tracks for his most recent label venture, Nu Electro.

Ok i said i was coming back for Craze etc but that was shot to shit...But without a doubt i will be back for this gig. FUKN SICK LINEUP!!

Kela bringing the beatboxing lyrical rhymes
Deekline & Wizard with some phat booty breaks and
John B dropping his unique style of electroey DnB

Trafik runnin the bizness once again. =D

Beat me to it bitch! Haha Tickets ordered. Same weekend as Summer Picnic, its gonna be nuts! Now i must invent a time machine!:D

Just lettin' y'all know .. there are only 200 earlybirds to this gig and only 1800 tickets in total (no chance of overselling ;)). So .... be quick or miss out :)

Buy --> HERE <--

since the overselling dizplay incident..metros cant become packed out like it was at events before that.
godskitchen was the legal limit n it seemed dead.
having ended my whinge i may have to come to this.

I actually like it less packed... more room to move and wander around. So will you be murdering me at this event or later in the year vickers?

Booked my flight! Seeyou dawgs and dawgettes on te 24th...yearrhhhh

Don't forget the halflings *looks at fry-d-*

Earlybirds selling fast ...

John B, Deekline, Fuck yeh!

Been in to narcissist twice last week and they didnt have their tickets yet, hopefully they have some tommorrow.

whoohoo.

ticket boughted

now we play the waiting game...

ehh waiting game sucks, lets play hungry hungry hippos

01 00:39 Fischerspooner - Emerge (John B Remix) [N/A]
02 03:32 Spor - Knock You Down [LIFTED MUSIC]
03 06:27 John B ft Stareyes - Take Me Home [BETA]
04 09:10 Peaches - You Love It [XL]
05 120 Optical & Louis Smith & Matrix - DNA [VIRUS]
06 15:55 Concord Dawn ft Paul McLaney - Man For All Seasons [UPRISING]
07 19:31 Alaska & Seba - Back From Eternity [ARCTIC MUSIC]
08 22:28 Iowatest - The Dotted Line (John B Remix) [N/A]
09 25:27 Sunchase - Remove Heaven [SINUOUS]
>>> Subfocus - Swamp Thing [25:45]
10 283 Castor - Emily [NU ELECTRO]
>>> Subfocus - Swamp Thing [28:27]
11 31:50 Taylor S - Ey Wey [N/A]
>>> Subfocus - Swamp Thing [323]
12 33:49 Peaches - Give 'Er [XL]
13 35:40 Simian - Sick (John B Remix) [N/A]
14 387 Chase & Status vs Digital vs Scissor Sisters vs John B - Comfortably Duppy-Line [MASHUP]
15 418 Dirty Sanchez - Tranny Sex (John B Remix) [N/A]
>>> Bloc Party - Helicopter [44:10]
16 44:33 Spor - Molehill [SUBTITLES]
17 45:57 DJ Assault - Shake it (John B Remix) [N/A]
18 49:18 Howard Jones - For You See Me (John B Remix) [BETA]
19 53:27 Tiga & Zytherious - Sunglasses At Night (BTK & John B Remix) [N/A]
>>> Marty McFly & Dr Emett Brown - This Sucker Is Nuclear [55:55]
20 57:38 Depeche Mode - Something To Do (John B Remix) [N/A]
21 58:52 Chromeo - Way Too Much [TURBO/VICE]
22 61:28 Felix Da Housecat - Everyone Is Someone In LA [TRAX SAMPLER]
23 648 Logistics - Machine [HOSPITAL]
24 67:16 Pendulum - Vault (VIP & John B Bleeps) [N/A]
>>> John B - Ass N Titties (Electropunkdrumnbass Mix) [68:24]
25 69:59 Shalamar - Disappearing Act (John B Remix) [N/A]
>>> "Mugatu Rant from Zoolander"
26 739 Adam & Andrew - The Emo Song [N/A]
>>> "Derek Zoolander Outro Speech..." [75:58]

http://www.johnbvideoblog.co.uk/JohnB_Podcast_November2006.mp3

yehp. full price only left. all the earlybirds should be in peoples grubby hands tomorrow or friday too! wooo !

That John B mix is cool, how is the emo song? haha

deek n wiz are teh fkn bomb NIGga ~!
but man so soon
i only just got back 2 checkin out whats happenin event wise
and astros gunna ... that dudes the sickest out
v. v. tempting

You know ya wanna go mann! ;)

Yes yes flying back on Friday ready to kick it with u lot...Carnt wait

KILLA KELA!!!!!

DEEKLINE & WIZARD!!!!

Well apparently I might be coming along to this little adventure.