• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[PERTH] : Sub Culture Festival REVIEWS - November 26 Belmont Racepark

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeww x2 ! ! !

catcha party people tonight....=D

6 HOURS AND COUNTING

ill be catching all you peeps in under 8 hours :D

i warn you now, im going to be very drunk :p

If anyone sees this before they go. Whats the best way to get there?
I rang transperth and they reckon theres no trains stopping at belmont tonight (or anytime ever).
Nightcruiser website mentions subculture but not where the buses are going to/from.

I gotta get a taxi?

Ahhhh What a nite ... head a lil off ... but i guess thats 2 be expected.

Arived at around 11:30 with another bl'er
waited around .. almost emideatly bumped into more bl'ers
then went round 2 the meet up spot .. and found more of them bl'ers :p
wasnt as prominant/distinguished bl'er meet up this yr (probs due to the "no hkc shirts" thing this time :p)
and the outside area seemed alot more empty and less lit up

set of the nite(4 mwah) would have 2 be marco v ... dropping almost all the tracks id grown 2 love, topped off with some aws dancin company ;)

bumping into so many ppl from all different paths ive taken threw the yrs was crazy ..

had to get used to the new genre set up (eg dnb not being ground floor back with slippery floor, hehe).

all on all .. Great nite .. props to the ppl i caught up with, and the rest.. theres always next time ;)

.. now off 2 work i go -_-

Last edited:
Best night of my life so far. Im so glad I went- Perth Blr's are awesome. End plur filled speech here, brain too fried right now.

The night has flown by! how quick was that. Sub Culture 2005 a.k.a Science Fiction has finished for this year. Thanks to all the PERTH Bluelight crew for making a most memorable night as always!! ;)

Didnt seem to be as much people this year compared to other Belmont gigs in the past. Had a chat to rushraver about this, and we came to the same conclusion. Otherwise everything was dark, smokey, humid and flashing luminescent lights were everywhere

DnB room rocked! D-Bridge played some nice dark and heavy tunes. Moving Fusion progressed the night on with some floor-smashing rollers and party anthems. What i got to see of The Upbeats impressed as expected.

Wondered into the Renaissance arena to check out James Zabiela! what a DJ, was chopping up the tracks to a fine art. This man is a genius.

Slinky arena sounded like it was pumping from start to finish...

Tha randomness was abundant, the PLUR was flowing, the beats were pounding! and now the brain will shutdown.

hurts to move
the sad realisiation there are going to be very shocking photos of me turning up in the new few days does nothing to alleviate my pain

hello to the other perth bl'ers i meet

had a great night! at the moment just tired but overall feeling pretty good. highlights for me were marco v, mauro picotto (some wicked twisted tunes) and deekline and wizard (i think... whoever was in the breaks room at about 5am). overall a very good night for me music wise and just vibe and mood.

kinda bailed on the meetup. came looking a bit after 12 but wasn't really too sure, plus all other mates were heading inside. so yeah, sorry bout that - would've been interesting to meet some of you but I guess next time.

Great night, best of the year so far, Marco V was the set of the night for me, loved the techy trance sounds.

Also caught some of James Zabiela and he was great, not the kind of music im used to, but it was good.

Other than that I stayed in Loaded Dice all night, and all the DJ's in there were great.

Also I didn't even remember about the meet-up till when I was in the car on the way home, would of been good to meet some of you guys n girls, but its all good.

one of the best nights of my life too.
was in slinky the whole night and loved it.
Marco and Picotto would of been the highlight for me.
i never knew about the BL meetup but i shall look out for the next events

I got to find a way to fill the space in time.

Best event of 2005!
Deekline was awesome!!
Was in the breaks room still dancing at 7am... oh man what a night!

Met a LOT of people, not sure if any of them are bluelighters..
wtf happend to the techno room?

"Anybody want a Balloon ???"

"I'm looking at you Kid"

Mwahahahahahahahahahaha !!!!

astro^boi said:
LINE-UP TIMES ....
Subculture Festival
Sat Nov 26 – Belmont Racecourse
9pm til 7am

Slinky Arena :
9 – 10 Lee McCaw
10 – 11 Adam Kelly
11 – 12 Kenny L
12 – 1.30 Benjamin Bates
1.30 – 3.30 Marco V
3.30 – 5.30 Mauro Picotto
5.30 – 7 Dave Lea

Renaissance Arena :
9 – 10 Adam Kytka vs. Warren 10
10 – 11 Terry Waites
11 – 12 Kriece
12 – 1.40 Chris Fortier
1.40 – 3.30 James Zabiela
3.30 – 5.20 Mark Farina
5.20 – 7 Nic Fanciulli

Loaded Dice Arena :
9 – 10 Tcee
10 – 11 Diamond D
11 – 1 Sonic
1 – 3 D-Bridge
3 – 5 Moving Fusion
5 – 7 The Upbeats

Automatic Arena :
9 – 10.30 J-Dubz
10.30 – 11.30 Boy
11.30 – 12.30 Puff
12.30 – 3.30 Ben Sims
3.30 – 5.30 Phil Hartnoll
5.30 – 7 Cee vs. Clint W

Brokedown Palace Arena :
9 – 10 Nyquist Freqs
10 – 11 Smoulder
11 – 12 Buex
12 – 1.30 Kraak and Smaak
1.30 – 3.20 MJ Cole
3.20 – 5.10 Deekline and Wizard
5.10 – 7 Propellerheads (Will White)

Now for a map...and we should be all set!!

Now I wish I picked up one of the set lists from the night but this is not how the night went at all. I counted 4 rooms with the Tech/Breaks room mixed into one and Ben Sims playing the main slinky room maybe?

No where near as many people as I would have thought, probably the reason to shrink it down a room. No room was ever packed except maybe for propellerheads at 5:30ish.

Music was good overall, saw a bit of everyone. No special sets or highlights but nothing dissapointing except maybe hanging about the slinky room and getting cheesed off, but hey if thats what the gurners want ;)

Arrived a bit late to catch the meetup I guess, didn't see any big black dots or hardcore shirts to recognise.

Overall: Good night, I'd do it again =D

what a ridiculous night that was
felt like it lasted about 10 minutes.
the last set in the slinky arena was amazing.

There's a kind of bittersweetness surround this event for me, I'm pissed off I didn't go and missed out on meeting the perth BL crew, but on the other hand, fuck I feel good today =D

dammit! dam it to HELL.
fry-d WAS there and i didnt get to see him
there is no god

did anyone else see that lady who was quite umm fat that was wearing the black spandex thing with a whole lot of skin showing?
i also saw the asian tranvestite for the first time.
some guy in a scream mask freaked me out.
i had the same expression as johnny depp in fear and loathing when he first gets to the hotel for alot of the night.

vickers said:
did anyone else see that lady who was quite umm fat that was wearing the black spandex thing with a whole lot of skin showing?

Mwahahahahaha 8( 8(
a mate got a picture of the BEAST WOMAN FROM HELL I'll try get them posted a.s.a.p.

Definitely a BIG WTF moment hehehehehe

=D =D