• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Perth - Sci-Fi Summer Sound System - REVIEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJC*

Bluelight Crew
Perth - SciFi Summer Sound System - REVIEWS

Review away kids~

I certainly enjoyed my camera phone, that bigass bug and the entrance/outside area.

Hope you guys all had an awesome time after I dashed off at 3.30ish.

Though it was a tough choice then, my brain is thanking me now.

Thanking me and telling me to go light some fires.

I better do what it says.

well all the messages i got from my friends at ungodly hours seem to report good things!

man i wish i was in decent health.... it would've been awesome! i hope someone has some pics for me!

-=- Fatty

Ahh yes after the third attempt at actually making it to the event this turned out to be one of the best nights I've had all year!

So many blulighters! =D =D =D

The turnout was really good, if only I could still remember everyones real name... 8(

Highlights would have to be witnessing the death if the big bug, grooving with (and constantly losing rubberducky), BestA, man your glowsticks are something else!! Rushraver and PLUR SENSUAL for getting our shit organised, Maniia for the set pieces and of course Master_Time, Erik, schnouzer, Gilly and Roxzy for tolerating me under the influence and being a whole lot of fun to hangout with... anyone I forgot I apologize the night was just too big!!

Ok enough before I sound too much like a suck hole! 8)

Would have liked to go the distance with the after party (still going now?)by my lift had work at 6am and my little girl was waiting at home, next time!

Last night was *the* BEST night of my entire life...

Words can't describe it.......

I think I hugged just about every security guard in the place...

...can't wait to see pics *grins*

Awesome night peeps...
Great meeting up with a whole lot of bluelighters!
Highlights of the night would have to be Adam F and Dj Fresh for sure!! These 2 rocked the place...Must also mention Diamond D who put on an unforgetable set..
Ferry didnt fail to serve up a good trance set either...quality all round....
Found the place to be a little less empty compared to last year at Global. Especially the Ferrycorsten.com arena which didnt seem to have as much people as i was able to walk through the crowd with a lil bit of ease.
Visited the Breaks room on a few occasions...Was some nice tunez playing in there by BLIM
Only went to the Plastik arena once and cant remember who was on...but music was nice and mellow.

It was good to get back to belmont, good to see some old faces. Sorry I didn't get back to you guys though fluffy and co, I got a little distracted ;)

The setup was ok, but just ok. The kandy room looked to be pumping when ever we ran past fending off glowstick waving maniacs. The DnB fans got screwed again, that room was like a sauna. I would be surprised if I heard no one suffered heat exhaustion or collapsed over the night. The plastik room was annoyingly bright for my liking. The breaks room was probably the better of the rooms, having carpet seemed to soak up and stop the sweat dripping from the roof.

Music wise Freeland probably got most of my attention. I think he's played better and I'm over the alternative track selection ;) Adam F was damm good too but I couldn't deal with the heat so missed most of that. What I heard of Mills I liked. I tried to see some of Ferry and Solarstone but seeing 500 people all with there eyes rolling back in there head encouraged me to move on.

Oh and good to see the giant medic bear overindulged =D

I'm old and jaded. :p

I must agree on the best night of my entire life thing... Adam Freeland was just AMAZING. I had never seen him live before and the mp3's just do NOT DO HIM JUSTICE. What a guy. If you heard girls screaming, "I love you!"... I was one of them. :p

The venue is also the greatest I've ever seen. It's a pity only half the escalators weren't working (the going-up ones, at that), but the outside area was fantastic with the masses of seating, grass, and tent of beanbags. More beanbags would have been nice, some music other than what was filtering out would have been better, but I can understand the whole sound restriction thing. Didn't get a chance to check out all of the rooms-- just the D&B and the one Freeland was playing in, but there seemed to be ample room wether people wanted to dance or listen. I was satisfied with it anyway.

The atmosphere was great, everyone was happy, and there was no angst. Meeting the bluelighters was also a plus.

In short, best birthday party ever. Glad you enjoyed it. ;)

SATURDAY NIGHT WAS AWESOME!...
my first event that i could actually call myself a bluelighter at and it was definitely a wikid induction!
loved the music, loved the arena but most of all loved the people. there is nothing better than being surrounded by people that u have the utter most respect for and that love u back!
cheers for an awesome night my prettys!
despite all this my brain was hating me at work on sunday morning... confusion overload =D but nothing that a BANANA milkshake wont fix.
keep in touch all that i gave my number to, and hope to see some sweeet photos.

hugs and love and shit! =D

My tongue is so sore today... somehow I managed to chew down the side of my tongue on both sides throughout the night... and that was despite eating about 8 lollipops and chewing gum :\

Ah well, was well worth it!

FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THE BLUELIGHTERS FOR MAKIN' SCI-FI GREAT
Without you guys I would have been just another random stumbling 'bout talking of vicks and Yupi Lunches (those little burgers).
Was great to finally meet the a great majority of the crew and see those that I already know.
Majority of my time was spent sitting on the concrete stairs but when I did dare venture inside most of my time was spent groovin' in the FerryCorsten Arena.
As Roshy said, MP3's do not do him any justice.
For once (wow, I only just realised how much once looks like ounce... hmmm :)) I dared venture into the DnB room and must say I was VERY impressed, Adam F & DJ Fresh... thank you.
The only thing that scared me (yes, I was scared) was the wierd chillout room with the air-hockey, it was like walking from gold-glowing-happyland to smokey-dingey-comedown-land.
:\
Anyway, i'm typing at about 10wpm at the moment and my brain is hurting like hell so I think I shall go and do... stuff... now.
=D
Hope everyone had a great time.
Can't wait to see some photo's
PERTH HARDCORE CREW FOREVER
:)
PEACE

(Shnouzer - With reguard to the 'special message within the PM' I was talking about when you left... I'm not entirely sure what I was getting at so I think it's best left in La La Land)

i dont really know wer to start so ill just start sayin thx for the most incredible night! always some1 to talk to cuz every1 came n went in turns kinda haha, stairs then dance then get hot az n stairs again =D
was sooooooo much fun meeting every1 an takin all the group photos haha! no no WAIT take one wif my cam aswell!! hehe. :D
thx for all the lollies rush n k_t haha pretty sore jaw.
comedown party was interesting, i slept trough pretty much off the comedown party, so weird wakin up at that place in northbridge! totally forgot wer i was haha.

ALL u guys fukin ROCK! thx rushraver for all the rides n highs :p irish u crazy fuker i cant wait to c u at the next event !!! k_t wikid watchin sunrise wif u bro it was absolutely bootiful!! and to all the crew, there is much love goin out to uz! cant wait for next time :D
<3 <3 :D=D

some vodaphone pics :D
sci-fi_crew.jpg

besta.jpg

me kinicki erik and keg.jpg

k_t.jpg

=PEACE=

Last edited:
haha yeah the Special msg within the PM forgot about that.

What was written? Im ever so curious....

I'd never been to belmont before and thought it was a pretty cool venue, I'm used to tripping over and running into people coz there is no room to move (you know how it is..."sorry, oops sorry mate etc...) but there was heaps of room to walk around inside. I was expecting the escalators to be a bit more fun, oh well.

I remember the meeting most of you guys outside but can't remember your faces. It was very trippy for me at the time coz I was a bit fucked up and seeing all of these people that I knew-but-didn't-know was just weird. Especially since my bro already knew who you were and he's not a BLer. I'll get on Manchild's ass later so he registers.

Sorry I didn't stay and chat for too long but I have a real hard time staying in one place for more than a few minutes when I'm off my tits (not that I have any). I promise i'll chat some more next time, scouts honour (not that I have any honour either)

Not long 'till new years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so much fun!!

love you all!!

solarstone were kicking bloody ass!! as was TAYO - can't remember to much though for a little while there.
Sorry if i told everyone that i met how tired and jetlagged i was - the thing is, i was so fucked before i got on anything!!

truly kickass night - see you all next year at the big day out!!

off to germany in 10 days!! wooooooh!!

A personal BL recollection....

So who did I meet and what went on... I'm still tryin' to work it out.
Here's a little of whom and what I remember:

Shnouzer- Alas, 'tis always great to meet a fellow of such calibre, be it sober or otherwise.
He is an inspiration to us all (free entry to events!!! =D).
Cannot wait until next time.... and
THE SPECIAL MESSAGE [courtesy of Miss ROX]... "Your pretty... Do you have potato chips?"
=D
Thank you for always providing me with topical conversation and a person to direct my drug-induced babblings.

Irish - What can be said of this man other than "Chiggity-chiggity-chiggity-chiggity-Bahhhh!"
Truely kind and funny as jesus himself (what a comedian he was) Irish has an accent...
WOW!
Was it thee who destroyed the bug of doom that had come to kill us all?
Feel jibbed I didn't get to enjoy any stoned antics following Sci-Fi due to a lack of transport.
Great for a chat, thanks bro!

Red Koi - Had a great time chattin' away with the Master of Koi, good enough to enjoy random moments of pure inspiration/scatteredness.
A lot bigger than I thought (Ain't that right big boy ;)... seriously, I thought he was some skinny dude [like myself] from his photo's).
Say hi to your mate as well (sorry, don't remember his name), tell him I hope the dolphins went well on Sunday (ol' Teary was cool I hope =D).

Rubber_Duck - Dude, did you think I was a chick?
I'm appauled!
=D
Any mate of BestA's is a mate of mine, can't wait to catch up again.
What little conversation we had was good... as far as I can recall.

Gillywin - Ol' darlin', it's always good to see her, be it with a new hair-do or not.
How good was Adam F?
Was good to see a familiar face in crowd, pity Titty missed out.
'Til next time my princess (Hope I didn't freak you out with the whole pick you up thing).
=D

Pinkness & Roshi - Although we didn't really talk that much you guys seemed VERY nice, cannot wait for the next meet-up and some further, possibly longer conversations.
Hang on... just realised I spent quite a fuckin' while chattin' away to Pinkness... and didn't you think I was a girl also or somethin'?
I remember an argument at some stage involving... somethin'.
Something to do with me and... something.
DAMN BRAIN
Anyway, if you remember then yes.
:)

Rush Raver - Although I don't remember anything that was said between us I KNOW a lot of time was spent chillin' together... ain't life bliss.

Benno23 - The meetin' was brief, I don't remember what you look like but I know you was cool bro'.
Have more of a chat next time.

H@ndo - Dude, just remembered seein' you sittin' near the DnB room.
Was good to catch up, depsite the lack of conversation.
Pretty out the planet at the time!

Mania - Yay, for one year Event Anniversaries, thank you enjoyin' Sci-Fi with us!!!
Who was your friend again?
That photo of us is so random.
Thanks Shnouzer.

BestA, Erikhimself & Roxzee - As if you guys get a mention, I don't even like you. =D

Astro - Nothing need to be said. A great man... a great, great man.

I hope I haven't missed many out, my brain refuses to remember things from Saturday/Sunday at the moment, will more than likely have to return later to update.
LOVE YOU ALL!!!
PEACE

Last edited:
Went out to Ambar to see Mr Scruff (5 hour set) on Friday so was still a bit 8( :| 8( by the time I got to Sci Fi, Met up with IRISH and ventured on down to the meet. Didn't stay too long but said hi to a few peeps nice to see a few new faces.

I didn't get a chance to catch up again with all of you however I did spot Mr Fluffy and Biski (hi guys) and Killing Time come up for a quick chat throughout the night. :)

As for the event itself........... Hmmmm had it's ups and downs.

First point.... TOO FUCKING HOT !! especially upstairs. I heard (from a Delerium rep) that extra air con was to be added ............
Cough **Bullshit** Cough

Farina absolutely funked it up good and proper I love him so much. I will say however at times he went a bit overkill with the "RnB" accapella's IMO. Overall he didn't dissapoint one bit %)

Jeff Mills once again showed an absolute disregard for onlooking Dj's and showed some skills that only a DJ of his stature could. IMHO I have heard him play better sets but anyone who can have up to 5 choons, loops accapella's etc going in unison has to get my repsect.

Everyone else I saw was uninspiring and boring :D (Jaded fucker)

A big shout out to Freeland .... GET A NEW SET ALREADY !!!
I swear he has played the same tunes the last 3 times I have seen him. :X

I left at about 4:20 to go lie down in the car and forgot about Felix da Housecat any one want to fill me in on how he played ?

I also came to the realization that I can no longer go out hard two nights in a row.

Hey erikhimself.... where did you get the vodafone pics? Some vodafone chic took our photo but not sure where to find it...

First time out at an event in Belmont and Perth - was a nice experience though I did wish they had a ferris wheel.

It was great catching up with friends and meeting some new ones briefly -

h@ndo, Gilly, Shnouzerpuff and Red Koi - good to see you guys again, albeit briefly.

Mark Farina and The Youngsters rocked. ;)

P.S. I happened to see an unbelievable amount of sleazy guys trying to
"Bump 'N' Grind" (puke) and rub up against girls on the dance floor..................... FFS STAY AT METRO'S SUPA CLUB !! ;)

Note: For anyone interested in a nice "massage" aka "rub down" after an all night event, *IRISH*'s mum gives it to you good and proper %)
PM him and he'll give you the number ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.