Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Perth] Big Day Out 06 CLAREMONT SHOWGROUNDS 05/02/2006

Juvenile

Bluelighter
THE WHITE STRIPES, THE LIVING END, IGGY & THE STOOGES, GERLING, FRANZ FERDINAND, DEI HAMO, KINGS OF LEON, MAGIC DIRT, THE MARS VOLTA, CUT COPY, AFI, END OF FASHION, SLEATER-KINNEY, FAKER, THE GRATES, THE MAGIC NUMBERS, YOUTHGROUP, SOULWAX, WOLF & CUB, 2MANYDJs, MUDVAYNE, THE GO! TEAM, THE SUBWAYS, MYLO (not anymore) , DJ JAMES MURPHY, THE GREENHORNES, VITALIC, COMMON (NZ & EAST COAST SHOWS)
EDAN (NZ & EAST COAST SHOWS), JEAN GRAE (NZ & EAST COAST SHOWS), M.I.A (SYD THROUGH TO PERTH SHOWS), CAGEDBABY (EAST COAST SHOWS), AFRA AND THE INCREDIBLE BEATBOX BAND (SYD, MELB SHOWS), SHIHAD, WOLFMOTHER, KID KENOBI and MC SHURESHOCK, THE HILLTOP HOODS, COG, BEASTS OF BOURBON,
SONICANIMATION, SARAH BLASKO, DJ AJAX, DJ JASON MIDRO, AIRBOURNE, THE PRESETS, FAST CREW (NZ and EAST COAST SHOWS), BIT BY BATS (SYD, MEL, ADEL SHOWS), DRAG (SYD, MELB SHOWS),

Local Perth Acts...
Snowman, The Kill Devil Hills, The Avenues, Saritah, Stars Dont Fall, Antistatic, Red Jezebel, The Dirty Secrets, The Fault, EMDee

TICKETS ON NOW!
Tickets $110 (inc GST) +bf* in advance (or more on the day if available)

No more Mylo, that sucks.
Has anyone else looked at the line up times?

http://www.bigdayout.com/pdf/times_perth.pdf

Wtf is M.I.A. doing firstly in the boiler room at all, and secondly, that late in the arvo? I just listened to her albumn, and quite frankly, I dont think that music belongs in the boiler room, unless it is the begining of the day. The main reason it annoys me, is because that time slot is about when the boiler room got locked down last year. I was on the right end of it last year thankfully.

At least they have reshuffled it so The Presets are on a bit later. And Whooohooo, Sonic Animation are playing at night. I am very happy about that... I cant see any bands on the bill that I am very excited about seeing. Looks like I will spend most of the day in the shade:)

unless something happens in which case i get a free ticket or a close friend really wants me 2 go .. i aint .. line up just dont do it for me.
yeah there are the od one or 2 id like 2 see
but i cant justify spending 115$ on this

Hope yall have fun ^^

^^
I know what ya mean, the line up....is nothing compared to last year. But dont a bogan that.

I might go just for the atmosphere....

I keep thinking its ages away, but its like in 2 weeks....*sigh*

was reading one whinge letter saying the organisers know BDO will sell out these days pretty much everywhere so theyre reducing the amount of world class acts for profit...interesting point because this line up makes me weep...still going however aha.

So pissed i didnt make it to last years BDO. Chemical Brothers and Freestylers to name just a few of the quality acts that made it. Way better lineup imo.

Only good acts in the boiler room this year would have to be Sonic Animation , 2ManyDjs and Vitalic. Otherwise u could catch Kid Kenobi & MC Shureshock and Jason Midro at any other event. As for the rest. Well Franz Ferdinand just aint my cup of tea.

Does anyone think if enough people whinge we could see the lineup times revised in the boiler room?

Compared to last year the line-up is fairly weak. But seeing as the boiler room is completely crap I might go anyway, going along to see a killer boiler room act and then not being able to get in or being crammed in like sardines is major crap.

BDO is all about the bands man =D

Didn't sonicanimation retire last year ;)

any news on sniffer dogs at Perth BDO?

+ boiler "room" is apparently OUTSIDE this year... sounds li they're making more room so they don't have to close early...

^^ That's good news actually. Last year was just pure chaos and at least it won't be stinking hot.

Oh, and I've heard nothing about sniffers dogs for the Perth BDO. Were they there last year? I didn't see any.

Wasnt a bad day. Highlights for me were The Presets, Hill Top Hoods and Sonic Animation.
Kenobi and Sureshock were great as always.

I think soulwax and 2 many djs were slightly over rated...

Gerling were probably my fav band of the day followed closely by Youth Group.

As for boiler room being out doors... two thumbs down. It was smaller than the pavillion, stinking hot untill the sun went down, was no where near as loud as indoors, oh and did I mention it was SMALLER! I really dont see what the point was of having it out there. This years acts were unlikely to draw crowds like last years, so it could have easily been indoors. grrr!

At least you could walk from the main stages to the dunny with out having to que for half an hour just to get off the main oval.

I did see a policeman walking around with a dog. Not sure if it was a sniffer dog or not. The handler didnt seem to be going near any one. Im sure a few peoples hearts might have skipped a beat seeing it walk past though.

Juvenile said:
I did see a policeman walking around with a dog. Not sure if it was a sniffer dog or not. The handler didnt seem to be going near any one. Im sure a few peoples hearts might have skipped a beat seeing it walk past though.
I saw him too. I'm sure it was just from the K9 unit, not a sniffer dog. Like you said, it didn't go near anyone and there was the smell of weed EVERYWHERE.

Just scare tactis I think.

how did you manage to see Gerling AND Youth Group? weren't they on at the same time?

I think Presets were the highlight for me. and personally i LOVED that the boiler room was outdoors.... the guy spraying with a hose all day and the muddy ground.. i saw some crazy girls in fairy costumes dancing bare-foot in the mud... was very tribal and funky.

I missed too many DJ's because i was watching the White Stripes... i couldn't face the boiler room after that.. it was packed... but seriously.... i'm happy i wasn't in there, i mean comeon.... ACDC? John Paul Young's Love is in the air? WTF!!!? how were they headlining?

^^ It was so wrong, that it was right, is all I gotta say about that. :)