• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Persistant reoccuring left temple headache!!!

Why don't you ask your doctor?
Bluelight is a harm reduction forum for people using drugs and not something like 'ask a doctor online'...
But to answer your question, it could be a migraine for all that I know

I fully understand what this form is intended for. I would like to gain a better understanding of why my headaches are so painful and only occur in my left temple. The reason why I came to Bluelight for some answers is that I know there are many folks on this site who may have answers for me. I have done extensive research as to why these headaches only occur in the specific area. When my headaches get really bad I can feel a vein throbbing in my left temple. It becomes increasingly visible also. The left side of my head starts to swell up a little and tears start pouring out of my left eye socket. I have no control over it. In the last few months I have stopped abusing drugs. I did this in hopes that the issue I am dealing with would start to go away. It seems like since iv stopped doing blow, drinking, and popping pills of all sorts, things have only gotten worse. My sleeping schedule is completely out of control. Last night I took two of my girlfriends flexeril and I fell asleep like a baby. I woke up today at 12:30 which absolutely never happens. I'm usually only able to get 3 or 4 hours a night. I feel very well rested today. I'm specifically looking for answers to why my headaches only occur behind my left temple and why there is so much pressure. There has to be an explanation. I'm guessing it has something to do with my prior abuse of amphetamines paired with excessive drinking. I would mostly go on three or four day binges and then take a break for a couple days. There came a point where without sleep, I would start to see evil things and hear voices. I would get extremely paranoid and fight with myself thinking I was two different people. My arms and legs would move without my command. I would get "hotflashes" I'm not sure how else to describe it. At the same time I was extremely cold but sweating. The list goes on. This is when I would start using blow, I found it to dramatically reduse the comedowns because I could take bumps as needed. It somewhat hid the symptoms of a crash. When I wanted to fall asleep I'd stop the coke for an hour or two and switch to something light but workable. Flexeril did wonders for me because it isn't in my opinion very potent, however it was just enough to settle me to sleep. I have reduced my abuse of drugs and alcohol to almost nothing. And while I'm very proud of myself, it is somewhat discouraging that I'm still dealing with many symptoms. The worst one being the headaches. The other symptoms I will deal with in time assuming I can keep myself on track. These extremely painful headaches make me want to throw it all away and start right back up again. Any input from the BL family would be awesome. Thanks

Alright, you should post this in Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion then, as those people could help you more imo.