• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Perk High Isn't What It Used To Be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khutch22

Greenlighter
I've been taking 40mg/day perc prescribed for over a year now. The high was very intense and enjoyable in the beginning. It's tapered off considerably. I have to take nearly double to achieve the same result. I'm guessing this is due to serotonin decrease. I am not wanting to increase the dosage. Is there a supplement that I can take to get the intensity back? I'd prefer not to quit taking it because I get sick if I don't but I'm not sure of any other way to get my tolerance back down. I've read a possible solution would be to plug it but I feel like that would only be a temporary fix.....I'm also not sure how to do it.

Sorry to hear of your dilemma but unfortunately tolerance is as certain as gravity. It will not be denied! It's really very simple, as you probably already know, the more you keep taking, the more you'll need to take. There's no magic bullet for this. Your best bet is probably to work hard to get back down to your prescribed dose and only on occasion bump it up for fun. However, you can't live at this higher level or it's nothing but up, up and away you go. IMHO, trying to work around tolerance by plugging, snorting etc., you'll end up in the same place one way or another. You'll always want to take more to feel like you did those first few times. Sorry, but there's nothing magic to say but I do wish you luck!

God damn, how many of these threads are there now?? You could potentiate it with grapefruit juice, Cimitizine, benedryl, or you could try plugging it yes, but potentiation is not a cure for tolerance, if anything it just raises it, you might get your nod on the first few times, but then you'll be back to where you started, except now you're needing potentiators to stay well too. Isn't this fucking obvious? Opiates create a tolerance, since when was this news to anyone?

Is there a supplement that I can take to get the intensity back?

Oh, were it only that easy!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of opiates.

You already know the answer. You just are hoping for some magic way around it. There is none. As others have said, sure, you can potentiate (minor difference at best). You can change ROA. You can take more. All may make you feel high for a few days. And then your body sees that as baseline and then you need that to feel normal.

Yes (for you and all the others who, as Z-negative referred to, keep asking ) --the only way to get your tolerance to drop is to stop taking the opiate/ dramatically lessen the dose. And you have to do that for a decent time interval. Stopping for a few days does not result in a major tolerance decrease. You didn't get a dependency overnight. You won't lessen your baseline overnight either.

If you normally take 40 mg that's what your baseline is, where you feel "normal" with no sick / no high. Then when you increase once in a while you'll feel high. If you can drop your daily dose to 20, then you can use the extra to feel good.

But until you completely stop and take some substantial time off you're not going to go back to where you started at...

This is closed. We are not here to tell you how to get high! Welcome to BL and please read the BLUA and OD guidelines!!

Status
Not open for further replies.