• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids percocet

Brundon84

Greenlighter
I was prescribed Percocet 10mg 30 pills for wisdom teeth extraction all four I started taking them recreationally after pain was gone. I noticed when I took them and when they fully kicked in that I was having weird hallucination type symptoms for example I'd be laying down and my eyes. Would be shut.. my dad would ask me something and I would answer him. Then I would realize I had not said anything to him yet. .. kinda weird I was wondering what this was

You were probably just nodding off. Not hallucinating. The medication can cause you to go into a semi-sleep state where you hear everything going on around you sort of and think you are actually awake but then wake up only to find out you heard everything and processed everything but anyone watching you thought you were just asleep.

Also, Please let this be the last time you mess around with it. Good for pain, but extremely addictive and life ruining substance.

MadDash: On a Harm Reduction site you never preach. While you may subjectively feel that oxycodone, the psychoactive ingredient in Percocets is "life ruining" most others here would disagree with you including myself. Either way, a substance is an inanimate object that has no nature, good nor bad. Usage is the key to a substance's nature and here on BL the idea is to provide info amd guidance to allow people to make up their own minds as they use in the safest possible manner.

Actually most others here agree with me. I have been around A LOT longer than you and I don't need some fresh off the boat teenager telling me about the pulse of the community on this site. And you must be brand new to opiates, because you seem to know jack all about addiction and how it works. Once you cross that line and re-wire your reward center in your brain to equate substance abuse with pleasure, you are all but done for. I have been an addict for over 10 years, just recently got clean. I know what oxycodone can do to people.

Harm reduction is about... YOU GUESSED IT! Reducing harm! I have seen countless people IRL and online die from addiction I almost have myself. SO the best way to not get addicted is to stop using them all together. Even people that have to take opiates for chronic pain can turn into addicts. These drugs do more harm than good but can be a necessary evil. When the morning speeds up a little and more people start posting you are going to see a lot more similar type posts. Because the truth is there is no safe way to really use these drugs recreationaly, eventually, given the proper genetics and environment a person will end up ruining their life.

And just to make sure you are aware I answered his question, and then typed one sentence about how I feel. Good day.

by the time you're recreationally using opiates you're already halfway down the slippery slope.

some people do get hallucinations sort of like dreams on opioids but they are usually only present at high doses and in relatively opioid naive people, as you develop a tolerance the "dream inducing" effects will go away.

MadDash: All your talk? Kid, I am an original member of this forum who has 16 years on BL, "Rachamim18, Rachamim1818, Rachamim." As for me being new to opiates? Im 48 and have been addicted since age17, 1984. What year did your parents meet? So you can put your junk back in your pants and leave that pissing contest alone because you are only going to make yourself look foolish.

Actually most others here agree with me. I have been around A LOT longer than you and I don't need some fresh off the boat teenager telling me about the pulse of the community on this site. And you must be brand new to opiates, because you seem to know jack all about addiction and how it works. Once you cross that line and re-wire your reward center in your brain to equate substance abuse with pleasure, you are all but done for. I have been an addict for over 10 years, just recently got clean. I know what oxycodone can do to people.

Harm reduction is about... YOU GUESSED IT! Reducing harm! I have seen countless people IRL and online die from addiction I almost have myself. SO the best way to not get addicted is to stop using them all together. Even people that have to take opiates for chronic pain can turn into addicts. These drugs do more harm than good but can be a necessary evil. When the morning speeds up a little and more people start posting you are going to see a lot more similar type posts. Because the truth is there is no safe way to really use these drugs recreationaly, eventually, given the proper genetics and environment a person will end up ruining their life.

And just to make sure you are aware I answered his question, and then typed one sentence about how I feel. Good day.

fucking lol

talk about shooting yourself in the foot 8(

You were nodding, or maybe you were half awake/asleep sort of? Be very careful with taking opiates recreationally. I first was introduced to them as well when I had wisdom teeth surgery, and I'm very lucky I did not get addicted to them.

You were nodding. That's usually the goal of recreational opiate use.