• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids percocet 10mg not working no more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billard

Bluelighter
to make this short i was in a accident where my knee got totally fucked n i had to have surgery now im prescribed 3. 10mg percocet and 1 norco 10mg for breakthrough pain a day. well i been on them for a little over a year now. the percs were getting me so messed up in the beginning i didnt like it and had to cut my dose in half to 5mg at a time. i take my dose everyday on time. i dont abuse them. so my question is how come they quit working for me? im not taking alot or mixing any other drugs when im on them.. i been taking my 9am perc and not feeling a thing not even working for pain. another at 3pm still dont work. another before bed at 9 and still nothing but slight energy boost.. on the other hand though i take my norco 10mg and im good, pain free, worry free, happy and no probs.. just like the percs use to make me feel.. why did the percocet all of a sudden stop working for me? i had no probs before with them up untill a week ago i noticed they wernt working no more..

im gonna talk to my doctor thursday about it see what he has to say. i dont want to take more than one pill at a time.. i actulay took a extra half of one still nothing.. just slight energy boost now.. but im just wondering in the meantime has anybody had this prob before where the percocet just stopped working? im wondering if my pharm got a fake batch of percocets or something.. any solutions or replys would be great..

thats actually what my friend said.. but i been taking them for over a year now and all of a sudden i noticed they stopped working last week.. you think it wlda happened sooner.. like night before was fine off 1 then nxt day boom absolutely nothing its like the oxy in them got replaced with caffeine cause all i get is a slight energy boost now.. but i kinda figured it might be tolerance but wanted a second opinion to see if it might be maybe the percocet itself n not me.. thanks alot bro for the reply

You've been on them for a year, of course its tolerance.......some people can take them.for longer periods of time & still get the effects while others may have a natural high tolerance & only work for 6 months.

Talk to your doctor & tell him/her that the meds aren't working as well anymore.

TheLostBoys

You've been on them for a year, of course its tolerance.......some people can take them.for longer periods of time & still get the effects while others may have a natural high tolerance & only work for 6 months.

Talk to your doctor & tell him/her that the meds aren't working as well anymore.
I agree with this person it most likely was tolerance so just have your Doctor to switch you to 4 narcos aday. :) When my husband had to have surgery it took awhile for him to get well and he had to change out his percs and hydrocodones around every 5-6 months.
:)

That's strange that percs don't work anymore(perfectly understandable due to tolerance)but the weaker hydrocodone is working.I know they are two different drugs but they are both opiates with essentially the same mechanism of action.Puzzling.

Thanks everyone but it was a tolerance issue. I now get a little more each month incase i need to double my dose. I asked the same thing and the doc said the norcos work still because im taking low doses and my body isnt use to them yet like the percs. Tried getting him to switch me to nothing but norcos and he wouldnt. I think the norcos help a little more for pain. I think hydrocodone is better but its labeled as weaker on paper vs. oxycodone.

It's strange to get both norco and Percocet , considering they are both break through Medications.

And although oxycodone and hydrocodone are very similar to eachother there also very different from eachother. If that makes sense. Norcos worked better cause i didnt hardly take them. N they work in complete opposite ways for me. Norcos make me stoned, sleepy, a little brain fog n pain free.. Percs make me energetic, euphoric, clear headed n pain free..

^ that's the difference between the hydro and oxy.. same with hydromorphone and oxymorphone. hydro is more downerish and oxy is more speedy IMO/IME.

But tolerance and desensitization to opiates should be as a whole, at least at the mu receptor anyways.
Weird that one works while the other doesn't.

I was on op 20 mg. at first but fuck those. Waaayy to strong. Had to knock me down a peg. Perfectly happy with the norcs n percs dont wanna become a junkie

Im pretty sure there diff tho. Similar yes they are but very diff. i dont know why theyd work the same as eachother? Its just cause i didnt take many norcos.. I like percs more. So everytime i took a norc it was like the first time cause my body had zero tolerance to them. And its cuz there 2 diff drugs. Trust me i know hardcore perc poppers and dope shooters who have to take 6 percs to enjoy but only have to take A couple norcs to enjoy and vice versa. So i know there not the same. N thats from my experience and others.

I dont mess with anyting over a perc. Why? Cuz i dont need them. I took a 20 mg op when i first got them it was like chewing a mouthfull of percs n i didnt exspect it to be that strong. Kinda scary. Lasted way to long too. I have shit to do i cant be sweating and nodding out all day. And i wanted cut off cause no b.s right after the first one i was addicted. i told my doc I wanted to take one the nxt mornin soon as i got up even tho it was only my first time tryin one night before n i didnt even like it to much cause it was to strong lol those aint no joke. I wont touch any of that strong pain med untill i actullay need it like when i cant move or im cryin in pain then il go back to the op only way though but my doc always asks me to let him know if i need anything stronger..

Last edited:
Damn,I wish my pain doctor was like that.I'm prescribed 120 Norco 10/325s a month and they don't even touch my pain unless I take my daily 4 pills in a single dose.Even then they don't really dull the pain very much and it's like pulling teeth to try and explain to my doctor that I need something stronger.I have a fucked up knee like you and this chronic pain has been going on for nearly 20 years.Undertreatment caused me to turn into a heroin addict (recovered thank God ) and while you couldn't pay me to get back on that shit it sucks to be undertreated again.Wish I could find a pain doctor like yours.You're fortunate to have a compassionate doctor who understands pain and is not afraid to effectively treat it.

Prolly just need to quit taking them for awhile if you can cause ur prolly gettin to use to them specially taking 4 at a time n i imagine they prolly wldnt have much effect with ur previous addiction anyway but you need to tell ur doc you need something stronger or find a diff doc.. Good nice docs are out there but i also understand like half of them are dicks too and have strict rules on pills so there becoming fewer n farther apart these days i guess i just got one who understands and knows i dont abuse them but what i get is nothing really it manages my pain now yea but it aint much i just need two percocets at a time and im pain free or one norco and im good i never took more than 2 at once of any pain pill i think thts why they still work vs. taking 4 and raising my tolerence you know what im sayin but i see people ahead of me all the time filling like 180 norcos or 120 endocets or like 90 op's n shit lol its to easy to overhear in the doc office/pharm i go to but yea man you just got to find a diff doc if you want better pain management or somebody who understands ur situation n is willing to truly help you or maybe just try talking to ur doc straight up n tell him it aint working can you have something stronger n if he dont care tell em ull find somebody who cares about there patients n leave looking for a new doc lol or just try to get back to square one n clean off opiates for awhile then just take 2 when you need them not all the time though else ur tolerance would go right back up you know. Cause im sure when you first started taking them they were prolly working and you just got urself to tolerante to them. Idk if that helped or not sorry.

Question I have is a friend I know has perks 10s and he can take up to 7 no high and pain relief for only 3 hours what does he do

Irish welcome to bluelight, but next time just start a new thread, instead of bumping the really old one. More people will see it, and your question is more likely to be answered.

You can either take a few days off for a tolerance break, or look into potentiating them. IMO, the smaller dose oxycodone pills are less analgesic, than the higher doses.. e.g: 2, 30mg pills,.seem to be more effective,.than say 6, 10mg pills. It could be the fact that theres more binders,.but im soley basing this off experience, not science. Anyways, "he" ;).should talk to his doctor about getting his dosage increased, or cycling opiates.

- Hopeless

^^^ Cycling opiates is a real good idea. They hit receptors even slightly differently. Cycling works. Mix in cal/mag/zink tabs.

There's been some good advice in this thread, and the truth is with opiates, the only thing that's going to make them effective again once you have a tolerance is to take more, or to take potentiators, or as speed king said you could cycle opiates since they each are slightly different (though you would want to take an equivalent dosage, don't just go from taking some 5mg perks to a heavy dose of hydromorphone). Some people say that DXM and NMDA antagonists slow down tolerance, some people even use micro dosages of naltrexon to do this.

I'm going to close this thread though, the only thing that will make opiates useful again without upping the dosage is taking a long break, sometimes that's a week, sometimes it's months (differs for everyone). Potentiators and the like will help in the short term but in the end you'll wind up right where you are now again.

Status
Not open for further replies.