Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[PER] Dark Soho, Hallucinogen, Shpongle @ Heat - 2nd December

UberKahn

Bluelighter
i hope tis isnt too early! but its big and about 6 weeks away!

i cant belive this is happenin!!!! EXCITED#!%!#%!#% plus original awarehouse crew bak!%# JAYD! CHOICE! and omg Ondy too!#% YAYSTERS!#%

OeP, Kinetic Promotions and Heat Nightclub present Hallucinogen (LIVE), Dark Soho (LIVE) and Shpongle aka Simon Posford (DJ Set) on Friday December 2nd 2005 at Heat Nightclub!

After Infected Mushroom's awesome visit in March, OeP has decided to turn it up a notch with two huge live acts and a DJ set from the original psy trance master, Simon Posford performing a DJ set under his Shpongle moniker.

With live visuals and more decor than your mind will be able to comprehend provided by the Namaska & OeP decor crews, this one is definately not one to miss!

Full details below including Bios, Ticketing Information, Venue Information and more!

Hallucinogen - 100% Live & Shpongle DJ Set

Simon Posford, aka Hallucinogen and Shpongle, is the ultimate trailblazer of electronic music. His achievements in the psy-trance and ambient scenes over the past decade have seen his reputation grow to an almost legendary status. His debut album, “Twisted”, set a new standard for goa trance music around the world with its groundbreaking originality and composition, but it was only the beginning of what Simon had to offer us. His sequel, “The Lone Deranger”, was a kaleidoscopic masterpiece that instantly cemented Simon’s place in the history books with its screaming acid lines and immaculate production standards, and of course the seminal track, “Gamma Goblins”. He had essentially created a 70 minute album with years worth of material on there… A real 'producer's producer', you could analyse his work to the nth degree and still be unpacking it a decade later.

In recent years it has been Simon’s collaborations with other leading psy artists that have sparked the imagination of music lovers the world over, the most famous being the hugely popular Shpongle project alongside talented flutist and musician, Raja Ram. Simon and Raja saw this as their opportunity to break free from the restraints of the 4/4 dancefloor format and the results can only be described as breathtaking. Shpongle’s debut release, “Are You Shpongled?”, and its sequel, “Tales of the Inexpressible”, saw the start of a new era in psychedelic ambient music, as Simon’s technical wizardry and Raja’s decades of musical knowledge combine to give us a uniquely beautiful experience. Displaying cultural influences from all corners of Earth and beyond, their masterful intertwining of acoustic and electronic music is a gift to the world.

2005 is an exciting year for Simon, as his Twisted Records label gears up for a number of great releases. The long-awaited third Shpongle album, “Nothing Lasts… But Nothing is Lost” has finally been unveiled to great critical acclaim. A spiritually cleansing derangement of the senses, “Nothing Lasts…” is a psychedelic joyride through inner-space, a waking dream where anything is possible. Ever the artists of sound, Simon and Raja paint us a picture using just the right colours. Also in the works is another album by Younger Brother; Simon’s live band effort with Benji “Prometheus” Vaughan, as well as a top-secret project with Eat Static’s Merv Pepler, rumoured to be the next Hallucinogen album!

One thing’s for sure… it’s going to be a twisted summer.

Dark Soho - 100% Live!

Dark Soho is a unique fusion of heavy metal, goth and full on psychedelic trance. With extensive releases on psytrance compilations on Alchemy, Sphere and Hom-mega Records, Dark Soho have a reputation for ecstatic and energetic live shows which stand out next to many other live trance acts with their heavy guitar laden riffs and symphonic sound on stage.

They have two albums out, Sun Spot, 2000 (on BNE and Sphere) and Combustion, 2002 which is an Alchemy release. They have recently collaborated with the world famous sitar virtuoso, Anushka Shankar.

The new album Light in the Dark has taken Dark Soho in a new direction, winning them new fans with their original full on sound.

ALBUMS

Light in the dark - Alchemy
Combustion - Alchemy
Sun Spot - B.N.E Records

SINGLES

Depth of Emotions - (bne records "Generations")
The 14th - (alchemy records "Digital Tribe")
Wird combination - (ambivalent records "Conspirators of Pleasure")
Sun Spot - (Electrum, Alchemy Records)
Kapa kuchak - (HOM-mega Productions, U.S.F. 3)
Aggressive - (Catcher, Aurinko Records)
Supernova - (agitato records)
Terra Sancta - (IsrAliens 2, Hom-Mega)
MADNESSSS - (Voojoo Rituals, Hovek Olam)
The Fusion - (Digital Dance of Shiva, SST)
Dark Memory - (alchemy records)

Ticketing and Information

Local Line-Up

AKIRA
Having been born the seventh son of a seventh son, it soon became clear to Akira that his life mission is to scour the planet for the darkest and most hallucinogenic trance ever. Known as more than just music made to move to, Akiras sets are designed to stimulate your synapsis and to blast you into the cosmos on a trip you will never ever forget. So follow your feet, far far into the future and dont miss this rare opportunity to get weird with one of Perths most psychedelic djs.

Your brain will thank you in the morning (provided you don't forget to get it back afterwards).

CHOICE
Choice has been part of some of Perth’s most memorable parties, playing in nearly every underground venue, including DCs (old and new), Technique at the Globe, Remedy and Autophon United at Ambar, which Choice founded. Choice was also a co-founder of one of Perth’s longest running nights, Signal To Noise. Choice plays regularly for the best local promoters, as well as running parties under the banner of Awarehouse Productions. Just some of the people he has shared the decks with include: Paul van Dyk; Armin Van Buuren; Nick Warren; Lucien Foort; X-Press2; Steve Lawler; CJ Bolland; Jeremy Healy; Tsuyoshi Suzuki; Cosmosis; Chris Liberator; and Gab Oliver, to name but a few.

Choice is currently spending time in the studio, with a release on the Dream To Be… compilation, working with Jogy Sutor, under the name Tribal Justice.

JAYD
Yes, you read right. JAYD IS BACK! The psychedalic gods must've been shining down on us (or him?), JAYD is back in town and will be teaming up with former partner in crime from the Awarehouse days (responsible for Pied Piper Paul, Comosis, the infamous Platipus Records Tour and heaps more!) for a trip down memory lane...

LYSERGIC
Lysergic is known in Perth's underground Psytrance realm by music that takes you on a journey to an unexplored, sinister place. He believes in reminding people about the danger of the end, the abyss, the dark side, the abominations of necroid millennia, expressions haunting visionaries' minds. A challenge to encounter your innermost fears. There is nothing quite as powerful as some of the moments you will encounter during one of his sets. This is not for the easily disturbed.

ONDY
Another departure from our sunny side for the greener grasses of the eastern seaboard returns armed with a truckload of tunes. Ondy's one of the original OeP DJs alongside Akira, Stark and Big A and whilst he couldn't make it for Infected Mushroom (we cried at OeP HQ for more than 5 minutes, honest!), we talked to our friends in psychedalica uniforms and they agreed to drag him back here for this event!

STARK
Little is known about this mysterious creature from the bush .. but he's one of the originals, he likes beer and wants to do funny things to your mind.. So he's OK with us!

Ticket Costs

Early Bird Tickets (Before November 1st - 200 ONLY!)
$45.00 from Greentix

Retail Tickets (After October 1st)
$55.00 from Ticket Outlets

Ticket Outlets

Greentix (EARLY BIRDS ONLY)
www.greentix.com

Heat Nightclub
187 Stirling Street
Perth, WA
(0Cuddles 9228 9622

InTheMix (ONLINE ONLY)
www.inthemix.com.au

Mills Records
22 Adelaide Street
Fremantle, WA
(0Cuddles 9335 1945

Narcissist Clothing
108 Barrack Street
Perth, WA
(0Cuddles 9221 6864

Planet Video
642 - 648 Beaufort Street
Mount Lawley, WA
(0Cuddles 9328 7464

The DJ Factory
U1/222 James Street
Northbridge, WA
(0Cuddles 9228 1911

Venue Information

Heat Nightclub
187 Stirling Street
Perth, Western Australia
(0Cuddles 9228 9622

18+ VENUE AND EVENT - PHOTO I.D. REQUIRED!

DJs:
Shpongle (Simon Posford) Akira, Choice, Jayd, Lysergic, Ondy, Stark

Live Acts:
Hallucinogen, Dark Soho

For more info check out:
http://www.oep.com.au

Sure do.
Clean out ur friggen Inbox lok1. I tried sending you a message.
I got them yesterday, YAY.
Tis going to be insane!!!!!!!!!!!

If anybody is unable to get early bird tickets though I'm sure there are some still available, PM me and I'll be able to help you out.
=D

Last edited:
abstraction05_sig.gif

Something like this?

This looks fun.
I'll be getting tickets when i work out if i'll be in Perth Dec 2nd.

Namaska do excellent design work.

I'd definately be going to this if I was going to be in Perth then, but I won't be so I can't ;)

Not wanting to get anal.
But I detest the word "rave" being associated with psytrance.
;)

tehehhe i hate the word rave being put with any club gig ;)

i just like to pretend that im ravin like it was 1994 again :(

Early bird tickets are now sold out!
Though I've still got 4 spare :p

well if you don't give them or friends or whatever and want to sell one let me know :)

We're nearly there people! Only 10 days to go =D
Also has it so happens, I've had people pull out on me in regards to tickets :|
So I've still got tix all at early bird prices of $50 each.
PM if you need any or know anybody needing any.