• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

People you find intriguing...

^ all inclusive in that 11.

- People that ask good questions. Andrew Denton is a great example.

rm2x said:
Mr Unsquare
Seconded. This guy is a walking book of poetry. It's amazing how he can recount something like getting pissed in such a way that it seems so magnificent.

Every time there is a thread like this there are two names that without fail are going to be mentioned, Mr thompson and Mr Hicks.

It's like the top bluelight commandment. Not that I'm complaining, they were cool people.

Bluelight Commandments.

1) Worship Bill Hicks and Hunter S. Thompson. Make sure no thread passes without a mention.

2) Don't be a hairdresser. Along with Telephone Sanitisers, you'll be on the first ship.

3) Always make the cheap shot.

4)...

lostpunk5545 said:
Bluelight Commandments.

1) Worship Bill Hicks and Hunter S. Thompson. Make sure no thread passes without a mention.

2) Don't be a hairdresser. Along with Telephone Sanitisers, you'll be on the first ship.

3) Always make the cheap shot.

4)...

This deserves its own thread lol . Great idea :)

Too many to list! Off the top of my head I would nominate Queen Lizzie II. I find the whole idea of being 'born' into something extremly interesting from a psychological point of view. Knowing thatm, even if you wanted to, there probably isn't going to be a choice over, say, being the head of state or a librarian or a chef. I also find her situation interesting because had certain events not slotted into place, she wouldn't have ever been queen (abdication of her uncle being the most important here). Plus this is a woman who has seen alot in her time (WWII through to now) and spoken to alot of people (e.g. other heads of state, all the PMs, etc).

So yeah, I would nominate her.

m4dd0g said:
^ I just finished watching the first season. A serial killer hunting serial killers and admiring their 'art' is such a wicked idea.
^The next season is due out in a matter of months - not that I'm counting down or anything. ;)

Dita Von Teese, Shaun Micalef, Dylan Moran.

Oh, and Hale and Pace.

Last edited:
yeah I was thinking of dita while reading through this thread.

I used to think that marilyn manson was just a freak until i saw him on this show on cable ages ago, it was a round table kinda discussion in a bar and I think he was on the show with famkke jannsen and dennis leary. Although his music isnt my style I really found him to be a down to earth intelligent guy.

As for who intrigues me, it would be David Hicks. I went through a phase of hunting thrills when I was younger and even did a little time in prison in a third worldish country that shall remain nameless, so I would really like to see how his experience has shaped him. I know that when my shit went down it totally colored everything that came after for quite a few years.

Funnily enough since then I have become a little obsessed by people that have survived time in prison and come out the other side, I remember when I got back to oz, that film with denzel washington about the boxer who was locked up was on telly. Although I didnt have much in common with the character in the film there were certain ways that he coped with his situation that were similar to mine and that intrigued me alot too.

Does Voldemort from Harry Potter remind anyone else of Marylin Manson.

I have a new entry to this list; Marchesa Luisa Casati:

The Marchesa Luisa Casati had nude male servants gilded with gold. Wax mannequins sat, lifeless, at her dinner table. She wore live snakes as jewellery, & was infamous for her late-night walks, during which she would walk cheetahs on diamond-studded leashes, while completely naked beneath her furs.

drugfukkdrockstar said:
^ If you like serial killer movies I recommend American Psycho (movie)

I dont know, I was a huge fan of THE MAGICIAN - about a melbourne based hitman
http://www.abc.net.au/atthemovies/txt/s1469468.htm

on topic - i'm fairly well intrigued by most people i dont know. I like to stare at the warld and watch it and the people around me go by, sometimes out my office window, sometimes in the park, or anywhere at all really. People really fascinating & intriguing.

m4dd0g said:
I've never been fascinated by a celebrity

Tastefully broken people intrigue me though.
By that i mean people who are objectively self aware, smart but also damaged in a way that drives them and separates them from the rest of humanity.

Good times :)

i really like how you put that and second it completely.
thought it was worth quoting as well.