• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc People who use inhalants besides nitrous

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter
Anyone here know of people who used inhalants besides nitrous?

A guy I knew in highschool who is now a chemist would inhale freon.

This guy I used to be friends with got into inhaling a solvent for some reason.

I know other people who inhale Poppers or amyl during sex or just when it was offered to them.

The strangest time I ever saw someone do this was in highschool when I was at this sketchy dealer's basement apt with friends. This chick gets out a can of endust the type in the blue can you would use to clean a TV or computer monitor with and I think WTF is she on coke or speed and wants to clean?

She puts the can to her month and inhales the spray. I have no idea why she used this drug when there were tons of drugs in the apt like herb, coke, PCP, benzos, adderall, mushrooms, opiate pills, etc.

I also know people who would buy the computer duster and inhale that.

This old head I know who is in his mid 50s now told me how in the 70s one night he inhaled an entire spraycan of spraypaint.

Anyone here ever do any of that stuff? I'm not advocating it as it's dangerous and stupid; but some people do use inhalants like this.

In my early teens i did a little of Butane, and some hair-styler/deodorant filtered through a towel. I learnt it from the neighbours kid, had no clue what i was doing, but enjoyed it. Later on i have come to the realization that this was very stupid. probably lost a lot of braincells.

"Inhalants" are a broad category but generally they are one or more of the following:
1. Halogenated alkanes and ethers, hydrocarbons.
This is shit like ether, Freon, sevoflurane, chloroform, computer duster, toluene, etc. which generally produce their effect by altering cell membrane kinetics and blocking ion chennels. Some are much more prone to causing sudden side effects, the most serious is cardiac death - difluoroethane which is found in computer duster is notorious for this. Chloroform and other halogenated solvents are also not very nice on your liver/kidneys. Freon and other halomethanes are similar in toxicity to chloroform/difluoroethane. Diethyl ether is probably the most "friendly" of the bunch.

The potency of these anesthetics generally correlates very strongly to their lipophilicity. Less polar, more fat soluble compounds will be stronger.

2. Nitrites (poppers)
These are fast acting vasodilators. I guess some people get a kick out of them? I don't think they're anywhere near as toxic as any of the above mentioned inhalants.

3. Nitrous oxide
This kind of deserves its own category because it's so much less toxic than even ether. Then again, its elimination half life is like 15 seconds.

"Inhalants" are a broad category but generally they are one or more of the following:
1. Halogenated alkanes and ethers, hydrocarbons.
This is shit like ether, Freon, sevoflurane, chloroform, computer duster, toluene, etc. which generally produce their effect by altering cell membrane kinetics and blocking ion chennels. Some are much more prone to causing sudden side effects, the most serious is cardiac death - difluoroethane which is found in computer duster is notorious for this. Chloroform and other halogenated solvents are also not very nice on your liver/kidneys. Freon and other halomethanes are similar in toxicity to chloroform/difluoroethane. Diethyl ether is probably the most "friendly" of the bunch.

The potency of these anesthetics generally correlates very strongly to their lipophilicity. Less polar, more fat soluble compounds will be stronger.

2. Nitrites (poppers)
These are fast acting vasodilators. I guess some people get a kick out of them? I don't think they're anywhere near as toxic as any of the above mentioned inhalants.

3. Nitrous oxide
This kind of deserves its own category because it's so much less toxic than even ether. Then again, its elimination half life is like 15 seconds.

Erowid classifies nitrous oxide as being just another inhalant like the ones listed above.

I have never used poppers, and never want to; but I know people who have. When I asked them what they were like they said how it's like sniffing glue or nail polish remover but it makes you horny for a short period of time.

I've tried poppers once, they never made me horny or anything, and I smelled it over and over for quite a while.

Well...as we all know inhalents are bad news, probly the one drug scare tactic that should be always be around " It can kill you on your first time!!" Which is true...I still don't understand why computer duster is just out in the open at stores, can't tell ya how many times I've caught some 13/14 year old douches at my work in an aile huffing fuckin duster,sad really. But, and I am embarassed to say this, I have tried the duster thing out of boredom or when I was flat out drunk a few times... But never would I touch that retarted shit again, just go get me some good old fashioned whippiped cream cans and some weed with a few friends hanging out, provieds a better feeling than duster which leaves you feeling poiseoned pretty much. And that is soo stupid about that girl, opiates,coke,amphetime,weed, and some good ole' psycedelics "oh no, I got this duster". God like that intervention episode with the girl hooked on duster.

Not gunna lie I was a big "lacquer head" at one point in my teens. I've tried way too much to be honest. I truly am lucky to be alive today.

I've tried...

A few kinds of nitrites
Computer duster (fucking crazy)
Gasoline
Butane
Acetone
Lighter fluid
Leather protector
Freon
Xylene
Toluene
Ether

Keep in mind I'm not glorifying these. In fact the exact opposite. NEVER do this shit. A thirty second high is not worth it. I WAS STUPID!

I was having this argument on youtube with a couple of people that were dead set on thinking that using inhalants was so much better for your health than smoking/snorting heroin.. this proves once again that people on youtube are often ignorant and stupid

it's pretty common around here, people huff whatever they can buy at a hardware store. some people even put stuff like Halls on the glass with the solvent and it actually ends up tasting nice.

are inhalants like the ones found in solvents really that terrible for your brain? they get such a bad rap in BL but here it's just so common. not that i do them lol

I actually wrecked my car twice in one week doing computer duster while driving.

inhalants are fucking stupid, I was a dumb teenager.

Never thought I would, but I had a bad month with duster. It's very seductive. More seductive than no2 IMHO.

Stay away from that shit. It's one of the few regrets I have.

i have tried poppers and other then feel hot, and getting a headache I felt nothing.

Its big here in the gay scnee as its meant to relax your a-hole sphincters

I've used duster a few times in high school, well and alot of nitrous too. Nitrous tanks are super common at parties and underground raves around here, but they usually sell it by the balloon so it can get a bit costly. Because of this the idea of using duster as a nitrous replacement caught on and instead of paying tens of dollars people went to the local liquor store and paid a fraction for what's essentially more than enough for the night.

I'm not gonna lie, I liked the buzz it gave. It felt very similar to nitrous but it takes you a bit further... faster. I've had full on visual hallucinations of being somewhere totally different than where I really was at. It gives that trademark "wah wah" and distorts music. I only used it a few times though because I'm aware of the dangers and it just looks plain fiendish.

I used to carry amyl with me in high school and inhale it. Shit would give some serious headaches after awhile. I saw a friend huff freon and proceed to pass out and piss himself. To much risk and no reward. Oh and we did nitrous all through high school. It was actually the first drug I did I think.

Op,

There was one of those episodes of "Intervention" i dunno if you've seen the show, about a woman addicted to these.

She'd go into a grocery store and sit in the parking lot nodding out on duster and nobody could stop her because it isnt illegal and the keys weren't in the ignition. Really interesting, id suggest try youtubing it or something.

Ive also known some people who syphoned gas from a station and huffed that. Horrible shit. I wold never do that. Its terrible for you. but its not unheard of.

Op,

There was one of those episodes of "Intervention" i dunno if you've seen the show, about a woman addicted to these.

She'd go into a grocery store and sit in the parking lot nodding out on duster and nobody could stop her because it isnt illegal and the keys weren't in the ignition. Really interesting, id suggest try youtubing it or something.

Ive also known some people who syphoned gas from a station and huffed that. Horrible shit. I wold never do that. Its terrible for you. but its not unheard of.

a little duster never hurt anyone