• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

People who have no faith

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
I'm just wondering if anyone that uses this part of BL has no faith & doesn't believe in an afterlife, ghosts, magick, curses, Jesus, "God", Kali etc etc.........(Insert whatever faith system etc you may think of first)

Since being a really small kid I've had faith in a higher force & beings that go way beyond anything we can understand while alive, I've said before about the events I've gone through before & the first was flying down the stairs as a kid. My mom still says to this day I fell down but I would have died & she gets really mad if I bring it up still to this day. Also the first time I saw a demon I was with a friend who was a really strict Jehovah's Witnesses & her mom came round came round going mad at me saying I was making her daughter cry with tales of ghosts etc but we had both seen something truly fucking evil, still to this day out of all then stuff I've gone through that made me 100% SURE there is something way beyond what we can understand & made me sure in my "faith" of a "God" but sadly too many people when they hear the word "God" get trapped in this strange Jewish cult idea of a God (You have to give it to Christianity they sure done a good job of messing up most folks minds when it comes to "God" sadly)

I'm just curious what made people so sure that nothing else is one the other side & why you have NO faith in anything when we die.
I'm NOT here to judge anyone or to try & change a persons view, most people think I am weird & mad at the very least for having the faith I do so please if you post on this thread show respect to another persons ideas etc which sadly is sometimes lacking on this part of BL for some reason.

Why do you have NO faith in anything?
What made you come to this conclusion?
What do you make of people with a faith?

Because these type of people are realist, they live in reality. Where these things will never exist. Because these type of people aren't bored because we have real things to worry about. Like.. what we gonna eat tonight, what we gonna do tonight, so on. These things don't require a logical person who lives in reality to think just to get the other one out of the fantasy that he's in, you can only make it out by yourself. You have to understand that if such things as "Afterlife'' would exist, then no one would be alive.

I am a very logical person. My entire livelihood required it on a daily basis for well over 45 years. Yet I also have an entirely spiritual and whimsical half as well. When I firsts started on my spiritual path with the Tarot I went to the Occult Book Store and chose a few used books to buy as reference material. The change for my purchase was $.02 and when the owner of the shop handed the two pennies he said something that I will always remember as long as I live.

"Remember, brother. One for each lobe (of the brain)."

Now on the other hand, my grandmother was an total agnostic. I spent my entire youth trying to convince her that there was something other than this life. When she died I think I cried for a week.

I am a very logical person. My entire livelihood required it on a daily basis for well over 45 years. Yet I also have an entirely spiritual and whimsical half as well. When I firsts started on my spiritual path with the Tarot I went to the Occult Book Store and chose a few used books to buy as reference material. The change for my purchase was $.02 and when the owner of the shop handed the two pennies he said something that I will always remember as long as I live.

"Remember, brother. One for each lobe (of the brain)."

Now on the other hand, my grandmother was an total agnostic. I spent my entire youth trying to convince her that there was something other than this life. When she died I think I cried for a week.

Have you ever heard of Robert Anton Wilson?
What is your faith system at the moment?

I can relate 100% to this "I spent my entire youth trying to convince her that there was something other than this life. When she died I think I cried for a week." as I'm the same. My nan meant the world to me & I loved her ssssooooo much, we would sometimes have chats about death & the afterlife as she NEVER got over my grandad when he died & I always tried to tell her not to be so sad as he had moved onto the next world, she was upto the day she died not quitew sure what was next for us but like me she knew something was out there.

The day I heard of her passing I cried like a small f*****g baby for ages & it took me several days to get over it which in a way is weird for someone who knows death isn't the end. yeah your post really touched me deeply & I can relate to what you said all too well, thanks for taking the time to read my post & reply as it really means alot to me.

People do get into some strange stuff though due to their faith.
Today is the anniversary of the Aum Shinrikyo gas attack on the Japanese underground for example. I make no secret of it & I've said before they had some good ideas & the books I've read (via PDF files sadly as the original books a friend has cost so much as nearly all their work was seized then burned & to get them in English also was rare enough) but their act they did several decades ago this day was a bit extreme to say the least.

I'm an independent Mystic that has been initiated in several of the Mystery Religions. The reason I'm independent is that I eshew the politics that naturally occur with all "religions". I love mankind, but sometimes I don't want to be part of the things they do.

Personally speaking, I think I choose to have no faith as a coping mechanism for the sake of my sanity.

I spent the first 20 years of my life torn between the logical me and the spiritual me (is this the curse of being a Sagittarian?).

The logical me never believed in the tooth fairy, Father Xmas or God - they just didn't make sense. I remember at the age of 5 a christian friend said to me "if you ask God to kill you, you'll drop down dead". So I said "God, kill me". Guess what, I'm still here!

However, the spiritual me believed in ghosts, magic and all paranormal phenomena. Funnily enough, I also have vivid 'memories' of flying down the stairs (I also fell down them a few times as well). But I now know they were just lucid dreams.

As I got older, this internal struggle continued - especially when I discovered psychedelics which made me seriously question my rationality.

But as I entered my twenties, the realities of life and the disillusionment that comes with seeing so many good people struggling and suffering while the cunt cats got all the cream made me realise that no fucker's got your back, it's all down to you. The logical me took over. I also stopped enjoying psychedelics.

Having said all that, there is still a spiritual me bubbling under the surface. There have been some weird experiences in my life that I have tried to rationalise and repress, but with little success.

In fact, the spiritual me might actually be gaining some purchase again. The wife went to see a spiritualist a few weeks ago. Obviously I took the piss mercilessly before she went. It was a one to one session and when she came back the things she had told her gave me goosebumps. It wasnt the usual vague and generalised shit that I was expecting, but very specific information and predictions that have been and are continuing to be absolutely spot on. I've actually been quite affected by it on the quiet and am working on life changes as a result.

Still dont believe in God though...

Last edited:
I have always been prone to "magical thinking", as they say... as a small child everything was mystery and wonder and held deeper significance to me. As I got older, I realized the hypocrisy/mythological nature of Christianity and decided that everything was mundane and lies... this led to a pretty unhappy period, but when I discovered psychedelics I first discovered my connection to spirituality, to the universe itself, what life is. I try to maintain a healthy skepticism, as I have seen what uncontrolled faith and magical thinking bring to the world and to the mindset of some humans (committing awful acts in the name of religion, believing whatever you wish to believe when anyone else states it as truth on the Internet, etc). However I have had various experiences, ghostly and psychically, which I cannot believe were false. Plenty that could be explained elsewise, too, but a small handful that, to me, indicate there is something there. Likewise my views on what existence is are a faith of mine, not a blind faith, but one borne of personal experience. I cannot say for sure that I am right, as in every case, insisting you're right and others are wrong and not leaving yourself open to revising your opinion is arrogant and not healthy.

My sister moved away from Christianity too, but is strongly atheistic in a nihilistic way... she only values the physical, currently accepted scientific view of the world and leaves no room for anything that doesn't have a current explanation, thinking of those who do not ignorant fools. I feel bad for her because she is pretty grim about it, very pessimistic, there is no sense of wonder for her.

I think the need for a feeling of being part of something larger, of forces outside of our own, is ingrained/evolved into us, and that the modern-day skepticism of our society can be profoundly mentally unhealthy, leading to nihilism, existential angst, disconnection, and bitterness. However given our understanding through science, we need to find a balance. I find that when people have no faith in anything "magical" (which is only a word to describe phenomena which we have not been able to understand scientifically - many of these things we take for granted now were once unimaginable magical concepts - think wireless communication for example. How much different from that is it than mind-to-mind instant communication, other than we have discovered the mechanism and underlying properties of the former and not the latter? I'm not saying direct mind to mind communication is possible... but I will not be so closed-minded as to assert that it is impossible and everyone who has had that kind of experience is lying or imagining it).

but we had both seen something truly fucking evil,

What did it do or why do you think it was evil?

I also have an opinion on faith.

Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Faith is a way to quit using, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

The God of the OT says, “Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can literalists reason on God when they must ignore reason and logic and discard them when turning into literalist?

Those who are literalists can only reply somewhat in the fashion that Martin Luther did.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

This attitude effectively kills all worthy communication that non-theists can have with theist. Faith closes the believers mind as it is pure idol worship.

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our faith based friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

there was something other than this life.

You said you were a logical person.

What logical information had you telling her there was something other than life?

This author, at about the 9 min. mark, does not see that as a moral thing to do.

It could foster a false hope and deny her the opportunity to get the most out of this life with a lie of an afterlife.

I also have this following opinion.

---------------

Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Faith is a way to quit using, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

The God of the OT says, “Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can literalists reason on God when they must ignore reason and logic and discard them when turning into literalist?

Those who are literalists can only reply somewhat in the fashion that Martin Luther did.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

This attitude effectively kills all worthy communication that non-theists can have with theist. Faith closes the believers mind as it is pure idol worship.

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our faith based friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

I'm an independent Mystic that has been initiated in several of the Mystery Religions. The reason I'm independent is that I eshew the politics that naturally occur with all "religions". I love mankind, but sometimes I don't want to be part of the things they do.

Which mystery religions?

Regards
DL

However, the spiritual me believed in ghosts, magic and all paranormal phenomena.

Many atheists are not religious, but most consider themselves to be spiritual in nature.

Most have no belief in ghosts, magic and all paranormal phenomena.

What you describe, I think, is fantasy thinking and not spiritual thinking. No?

Regards
DL

I'm not saying direct mind to mind communication is possible

I am saying it as my (now) wife and I could pass a lie detector test if asked if we had a real experience of it.

If Randy would allow a lie test, we would take his million dollar prize.

It is a shame he will not and that, other than to those who shared such an assault, my wife's words, there is no proof.

Regards
DL

I've had real experience with it too, hence my belief, which at this point is faith since there is no understanding and replicatability of it. I don't think faith is always bad. Faith without thought or allowing question is always bad, though.

I've had real experience with it too, hence my belief, which at this point is faith since there is no understanding and replicatability of it. I don't think faith is always bad. Faith without thought or allowing question is always bad, though.

Faith is describes as, Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

You and I do not have faith. We have evidence and a belief. We have the conviction of things we have seen/felt and directly experienced.

At least that is how I define those two terms.

Tell me how deeply your telepathic experience went into your target and if they, like my wife, thought of it as an assault.

I think, since her mind booted me out after just a second's worth of deep contact, that we may have mental privacy shields that prevent such an assault. That or we just instinctively like our mental privacy and secrets and will not risk a larger contact out of our own sense of privacy. Telepathy, after all, is a two way connection.

Regards
DL

With my ex-wife, on a number of occasions I would hear her ask me for something in my mind yet she did not speak. An old friend of mine, on 3 occasions, after months of no communication, picked up our old flip phones to call each other and dialed and pressed send at so much the exact same time that it didn't ring for either of us and we were just suddenly talking. The most profound for me has been giving contact highs when I'm on psychedelics. It's happened so often (also recorded/described in PIHKAL) that I ran some experiments where I took a psychedelic before hanging out with friends and my ex wife, and didn't tell anyone. And a number of times one or more of them would ask me if I slipped them acid or something because they were having visuals and trippy thoughts. To maintain the integrity of the experiments, I never told them about any of those times and just said that's crazy, I have no idea.

With my ex-wife, on a number of occasions I would hear her ask me for something in my mind yet she did not speak. An old friend of mine, on 3 occasions, after months of no communication, picked up our old flip phones to call each other and dialed and pressed send at so much the exact same time that it didn't ring for either of us and we were just suddenly talking. The most profound for me has been giving contact highs when I'm on psychedelics. It's happened so often (also recorded/described in PIHKAL) that I ran some experiments where I took a psychedelic before hanging out with friends and my ex wife, and didn't tell anyone. And a number of times one or more of them would ask me if I slipped them acid or something because they were having visuals and trippy thoughts. To maintain the integrity of the experiments, I never told them about any of those times and just said that's crazy, I have no idea.

Yours was a light touch as compared to mine.

I do not say that as bragging because I don't know if that points to a non-loving part of me who just ignored our natural shield or not.

Regards
DL

Many atheists are not religious, but most consider themselves to be spiritual in nature.

Most have no belief in ghosts, magic and all paranormal phenomena.

What you describe, I think, is fantasy thinking and not spiritual thinking. No?

Regards
DL

Yes, you're probably correct and I admit they were poor examples of 'spirituality'. However, I desperately wanted to believe there was more to life than this mortal coil, but my logical, rational side held me back until I eventually gave up trying. One thing I do know for certain though, is that organised religion has irrevocably damaged human spirituality...

Yes, you're probably correct and I admit they were poor examples of 'spirituality'. However, I desperately wanted to believe there was more to life than this mortal coil, but my logical, rational side held me back until I eventually gave up trying. One thing I do know for certain though, is that organised religion has irrevocably damaged human spirituality...

I agree with everything except the irrevocably part. I believe that each human has the ability to bounce back, they just have to see they are actually free to. We can learn from within, and others have left clues that so that we can know ourselves.

I agree with everything except the irrevocably part. I believe that each human has the ability to bounce back, they just have to see they are actually free to. We can learn from within, and others have left clues that so that we can know ourselves.

If organised religion could be wiped from the Earth then I would agree with you. But it holds too far much power for that to happen.