Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Penalties for holding

Courage

Bluelighter
Penalties for holding Bikies

Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone could advise of penaltise for holding a few beans 1 - 2

Is it like mull where if you admit it straight away you are fine ?

What to do if I get busted with 1 - 3 biks ?

It depends on the circumstances. Each of the states' police forces have introduced 'drug diversion' programs, where those caught with small amounts of a drug can be required to attend drug counselling rather than having a drug possession offense marked on their record.

The same is the case with marijuana - except it's called cannabis cautioning. It pays to remember that while these options are available to the police, they are not obliged to penalise you in this way. However, these diversionary measures involve a lot less paperwork than booking you, so if you're polite and cooperative, they're likely to do it for you.

If you're a prick, chances are they'll prosecute you. It always pays to be polite to cops, no matter how pissed off you are at them.

Would they really go me for just a few pills ?..

Anyone got any experiences ?

for a few pills (if you were co-operative) they would make you go to court then to drug diversion or just straight to drug diversion.

what i would like to know is how many pills can you be holding

the booklet mentions you can have up to 1 gram of heroin/coke/meth, 50-something grams of cannabis or 3 trips but does not saynhow many pills you can get done with. (QLD Booklet)

when i was in court i heard a few people talking about getting drug diversion 5-6 times. when the booklet clearly states you can only get it twice.

i got court diversion even thought i have been caught for cannabis posession twice before and cultivation once before.

This is a step in the right direction imo

In Victoria (the initators of the project), I believe there are no hard and fast limits; circumstance again is important. For example, if you had five pills in one bag, versus one pill each in five bags, it may be viewed differently.

In simple terms it is never a good idea to carry drugs on your person, so do it as little as possible. Certainly don't carry drugs around thinking you have a right to get off with drug diversion as the cops may not see it that way.

Remember, the point of this program is to keep people with no criminal record out of the justice system. Repeat offending will get you in trouble, even if some people have gotten off in the past. Don't push your luck.

Seems really weird - cops wouldn't care about a joint.. but it seems they would care about a pills ?

Try searching the forum: Using the keywords "penalty pills" I got 16 hits, of which at least 3 or 4 answer your question.

e.g.: [1][2][3]

BigTrancer :)

2004 Sydney BDO a friend was 'detected' with a cigarette packet filled with joint he had been rolling all morning *IMO thats why the dogs detected him, he could have picked all of the small particals out of his clothing and rolled another.

But, in NSW you can have a serious problem with only just 1g of methamphetamine. Like the other posts say; dont be an ego driven idiot - take it like a man and have some respect... you may just walk, sans the gear of course ;)