PEDs for endurance - Meldonium?

Who said anything about getting paid? There's only one thing more abhorrent than a pro athlete using banned substances to gain a competitive advantage.... and that's an AMATEUR athlete who uses banned substances to gain a competitive advantage..

I mean... what kind of person does that??

I can "get" why pros do it (although still don't condone it). It might be their livelihood at stake. But an amateur??

You can't get any lower.

Lots of amateur athletes use peds. We're not here to gauge the morals of someone's activity. I mean cmon, this website was originally founded for ecstasy discussion... Isn't it low to use drugs to feel good in life when life itself is full of Wonders and pleasures itself?

Who said anything about getting paid? There's only one thing more abhorrent than a pro athlete using banned substances to gain a competitive advantage.... and that's an AMATEUR athlete who uses banned substances to gain a competitive advantage..

I mean... what kind of person does that??

I can "get" why pros do it (although still don't condone it). It might be their livelihood at stake. But an amateur??

You can't get any lower.

Many years ago my partner came 2nd in the World Swimming Championships by 2/100 sec to a Chinese girl whom later it was alleged to have used Masteron. She had trained "natural", 5 hours a day for 9 years to get to that point, to lose to a drug cheat.. It kinda sucks, so I can see where you are coming from..
As it turns out most of the Communist and Eastern European athletes were on something back then, who knows what past World records were won on drugs.?

Unfortunately drugs, or performance enhancing substances are part of everyday life in 21st century, it might be seen by some as levelling the playing field to sercombe and contemplate taking something, because its more than likely your competitor might be on something...

Might it be seen as naive not to be on something..?

Meldonium/”Mildronate”Will be added to WADA list from January 2016, and I assume with a good reason. Again, has anyone tried this drug and with what results? Does anyone know for how long it will be possible to detect in a doping control?Other inputs and advices:analbolics in oral, but how many mg’s, which types and when during the season?AICAR, but how to avoid testing positive? sarms, but are these for endurance athltehtes and how to use without testing positive?Looking forward to your good inputs and advices.[/B][/B]
I've been on a 500mg per day regime of Meldonium for about 3 weeks now and have had fantastic results with it ... both in the "nootropic" regard and also the physical...Here's a post I made to bodybuilding.com a few days back ... (I'll copy it here as well): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...1444073761&viewfull=1#post1444073761.../BEGin QuOTEAdmittedly, I only started a course of Mildronate/meldonium (hereafter, just "meldoninum") after the publicity brought by Marapova's failed drug test; I had never heard of meldonium until that day.Being curious, I did about a weeks worth of thorough research on the substance and finding it somewhat innocuous sounding in regards to side effects/hazards and also rather interesting in it's purported positive effects, I decided to give it a go. Ordering from Russia was simple and I received my two month supply in about a week and a half. If your curious about the supposed positive effects, just do some extensive googling. Long story short, it's about increasing oxygen carry to the brain and muscles and also, overall, creating a situation where under stress, your body derives it's energy more so from glucose than from burning fat. I'm no technician though and so do your own research...I did a one week course prior to any running or strength training (I'm equally involved in both on a weekly/daily basis and have been for over four years now); but after my second week and several cardio days (3 to 6 mile trail runs) and several strength training days (typical chest/tri/shoulder ... back/bi's/legs type setup but all super sets and rigorously timed between sets/exercises) ... I can say that meldonium has an undeniably positive effect (at least for me).Personally, I have found meldonium to be beneficial in a couple of different ways:On one hand, meldonium seems to be an undeniable energy enhancer and mood elevator, while also greatly improving focus. And I mean just in a day to day living type regard. An hour after the dose, in the morning, I notice the effects; it is not overwhelming or overly intense (I'm very sensitive to such) but is undeniable. Coupled with my regular caffeine dose in the morning, it's really quite wonderful.On the other hand, when strength training, I was quite literally taken aback with the increase in stamina, recovery time and overall strength. And again, very acutely, a massive increase in focus and attention. I consistently added 5 pounds to everything and consistently saw myself easily completing 2 to 3 more reps than typical. I am not a social trainer and have only spoken to people at the gym a total of about 10 times in the past 4 years; which is more so to say that I'm there to focus and push myself and that it's a very personal process than to say that I'm a creepy anti-social weirdo (although the last point is debatable depending on how you ask) (LMFAO!). I train from 330am to 500am and cram as much as I can in to that hour an a half and I am completely intimate with my personal strength/stamina levels and generally will do the same exercises for at least six months before rearranging things. I say that to indicate that my sensitivities to any change in my personal levels of performance are very refined and easily observed. And without a doubt, and unlike any other supplement I've used (think typical pre workout stimulant type stuff) ... I saw a ridiculously positive change in my first week of training in the gym (in both physical strength and mental coherence).Further, post work out (and in fact, post each exercise) I saw recovery times dramatically affected in a positive way ... and my cardio days (trail running) were similarly effected though it's more difficult for me to judge as I can pretty much run non stop without really even getting winded for upwards of 6+ miles... meldonium or not.Lastly, I have noticed no untoward effects from meldonium; the energy increase is not harsh or uncomfortable as so many "pre workout" supplements are to me (can't stand most of them because of the ridiculous prickly skin effect or the overdose of caffeine they flood your system with) ... it's simply a general increase in energy and a marked decrease in regular daily fatigue. My sleep has not been affected in any way either, which is of vital importance to me (though, as per typical instructions, I only take my dose first thing in the morning). Further, my appetite is unchanged and therefore so my diet...I can see now why professional athletes use the drug....So I just wanted to make a couple observations regarding my findings of late ...I will be continuing through a full two month course of meldonium and will update here as I discover anything new.One thing I kept recalling from my meldonium research was that it's pretty well known on the "Nootropics" scene ... which I know nothing about but which I've read is about supplements that enhance brain function (mood, focus, coherence, stability, etc.) ... and I have to say again ... I noticed (and notice throughout the day) that this effect is just as pronounced as the positive physical effects in the gym.**** man, I think I'm even typing 120 WPM lately instead of my typical 100 ...But I'll have to test that last bit...:)/END QUOTE

CGQBPcA.png

Meldonium.

Thanks for your replies.
Could you please be a little more specific regarding NAC? I have never heard of it.
Regarding ephedrine , I'm sorry, but that is also a banned substance on WADA's list, so using it before a competition will be to risky.

I have found a website selling Meldonium (http://rupharma.com/blogs/news ), I'm, however, not sure how to understand their comments about the "Half-life": "As of November 2015 Meldonium is not a prohibited substance or a doping agent, however it was placed on watch-list in some countries such as Finland. It does depend how strict your sports competition committee will be. Some allow the use of Meldonium, some will disqalify you. Take 2-4 pills 2-3 weeks before competition. Its difficult to say how many days before the competition you should stop taking Meldonium, but it would be atleast 10 hours. The half-life of Meldonium 500 mg dosage is approximately 5 hours."

If "half-life" is 5 hours, when will I be able to "pass" a doping test? (as Meldonium will be added to WADA's doping list from Jan 2016, I do not want to come into trouble with a potential doping test during/after my competition.)

Did you ever order from this site?

Thanks for the detailed review... can you pm me the site where you ordered please.

Thanks for the detailed review... can you pm me the site where you ordered please.

Hey Irishpower ... tried to message you again because I found several sources on Ebay ... I've ordered from Ebay before with no issues.

I buy the 500mg as that is the typical dose for pre athletic use; I take thirty minutes before the gym.

Here go: Meldonium/Mildronate on Ebay

Best regards,
Joel

Unless you're an athlete in a drug-tested federation, you should probably consider some of the various other performance-enhancing options, as meldonium is pretty forgettable in most instances. It's merely notorious because of who was caught using it.

Meldonium

I enjoyed reading your post. I have some meldonium on the way from Latvia, I'll let you guys know how it is. I'll notice endurance benefits right away cause unlike some I can't run 6+ miles without getting winded. Maybe 6+ blocks.