View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Tripping Thread: Tripping Past 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lsd is extremely dangerous as a psychedelic one of the few you could call "dangerous" purely for its mental effects - not talking about super potent and dangerous stuff like nbome or bromo-dragonfl

sorry man but that's totally incorrect, the therapy that @perpetualdawn is referring to is EMDR

CBT is a talking therapy, albeit a very 'practical' one. Some people get decent results from it while others consider it not really therapy at all, more of a psycholgical bandage which tends to stop 'working' as soon as the 'therapy' stops. It treats symptoms as opposed to causes
I think CBT operates in two parts. The first is the therapy where you learn to recognise and understand your dysfunctional self-defeating thoughts with the aid of the therapist. This looks a lot like regular talk therapy. You work out counter-arguments to your negative ideas and beliefs. However when combined with Mindfullness it’s really training you to be able to recognise and control those dysfunctional and self-defeating thoughts in real-time when they emerge. In Freudian terms it teaches you to use your super-ego to grab hold of emotionally disturbing content emerging from your ego and id and reframe or redirect the negativity with more positive and realistic thoughts.

As an example, on a hard comedown I start having enormous anxiety about being an unlovable failure who cannot connect with normal people. Having worked through that anxiety with my therapist, when I am alone at 4 AM after a 3 day bender and start feeling suicidal thinking that way my conscious self can bring to bear all the positive counter evidence and arguments that we came up with in therapy. Basically I construct a new (evidence-based) narrative for my comedown mind to latch onto as I feel the depression and anxiety getting out of hand.

I've got a hankering to get as blasted asCharlie, sans the crack. I am thinking of getting some DMXE. Is 3dmxe the same? Anyone had luck getting packs from NL to USA during covid ?

Same, the vendors just decided to called it 3D-MXE for some reason.

So did I. I don’t get how social anxiety can emerge later in life AFTER having lots of experience of success.

I’m really reading anything on BL that encourages me to mess with psychadelics, enactogens, or dissociatives beyond LSD for therapeutic purposes. Lot’s a good substances to play with for shits and giggles if you want. But for the lowest risk, best proven approach to resetting or unlocking anything up top it seems like really only LSD is worth the risk.

I don’t want to discount mushrooms or peyote as possibly also suitable for personal improvement but they are not readily available for me and I only have a little bit of (good) experience with them. But because of gastric surgery I’ve had I can’t take anything that causes vomiting. And MDMA is all MehDMA or worse and doing something very unhelpful to my serotonin system. I suspect the meDMA I had after my last trip really detracted from what the trips might have had to offer. Same with the Ketamine I tried the next day. It feels like all the clarity in self-perception that was being consolidated by the acid experience got jumbled up again by the dissociative experience. I can see dissociatives just leading to madness and not giving a shit anymore in my life.

I personally love LSD and RCs both. I love collecting experiences on the various alterations of the original molecules (LSD, mescaline, DMT, psilocybin). But LSD pretty much has it all,and if you add in mushrooms and DMT and mescaline, that' s pretty much the range of psychedelics, and you can know they're safe (other than the ways in which all psychedelics can be dangerous). But as a connoisseur I love trying a bunch of different things. :)

Dissociatives are another matter. I find them very interesting and occasionally want to partake, but some people become obsessed and get into really bad places. I've seen some shit. Psychedelics are much safer in this regard.

The only thing I've ever seen called CBT was a lot of self directed paperwork. Or was that DBT?

The only thing I've ever seen called CBT was a lot of self directed paperwork. Or was that DBT?
The problem is those labels, like CBT or DBT or whatever, get used for lots of different practices. Whatever the name of it is, the practice I described above is something that made a hugely positive impact in my life. Certainly as far as dealing with drug induced depression and anxiety goes.

Same, the vendors just decided to called it 3D-MXE for some reason.

I personally love LSD and RCs both. I love collecting experiences on the various alterations of the original molecules (LSD, mescaline, DMT, psilocybin). But LSD pretty much has it all,and if you add in mushrooms and DMT and mescaline, that' s pretty much the range of psychedelics, and you can know they're safe (other than the ways in which all psychedelics can be dangerous). But as a connoisseur I love trying a bunch of different things. :)

Dissociatives are another matter. I find them very interesting and occasionally want to partake, but some people become obsessed and get into really bad places. I've seen some shit. Psychedelics are much safer in this regard.
Yeah I just couldn't see psilocybin or especially mescaline making anyone delusional, but im sure quite a few ppl have jumped off sky scrapers on LSD. Though that's obviously still somewhat of an exaggeration it leads to delusion a lot easier than other psychedelics IME.

Dissociatives ive seen a lot of ppl get totally lost in, become daily users, never understood it... but it seems ppl witb bipolar are especially prone to abusing these to trigger mania

I’m not bipolar but enjoy dissociatives because of the mania. I stopped getting meaningful trips from them after years of abuse but they are still fun drugs in moderation.
I used to see a k hole as impactful as a strong DMT or other psychedelic trip. I’m not even sure if I can hole anymore, it’s been a long time since I have and my disso usage is usually low dose trips these days

No one is jumping off buildings on LSD. Thats a fucking old myth.

Imo the safest psychedelics go like this DMT then probably mescaline and 2cb Then LSD. After that mushrooms psilocybin has more potential for making people psychotic than LSD after the trip ends due to the shear amount of stress induced under mushroom. The only people i know who acutally went insane after psychedelics was people doing mushrooms.

The thing is nearly all LSD bad trips are related to cannabis like thats a matter of fucking fact. If you dont mix LSD with other drugs its a pretty fucking safe and clear drug if your not a idiot and don't over do it with the dosages.

Dissos are a fucking lie selling some grand delusional visions making you feel better for like a week but if you do them every day your gonna fry yourself really bad. Just my short ketamine stint had me in a state of constant deja vu for months and months after i stopped using it. And i did barely fucking much of it at all.

I seen some wild shit on ketamine and even thought i was dead on it but literally nothing i experinced on ketamine was life changing or made my life better it was just like some fucking purely hedonistic experience seeing some hectic shit like GOD time travelling and everything but been detached from it all aswell.

Now if you breakthrough on DMT that will literally change your life and give you massive lessons and tools to live your best life.

Ketamine is a short band aid for depressed people. dissoacitives are pure hedonism and i love ketamine but i aint gonna lie to myself and say i acutally learnt anything productive from doing the ketamine.

I’m not bipolar but enjoy dissociatives because of the mania. I stopped getting meaningful trips from them after years of abuse but they are still fun drugs in moderation.
I used to see a k hole as impactful as a strong DMT or other psychedelic trip. I’m not even sure if I can hole anymore, it’s been a long time since I have and my disso usage is usually low dose trips these days
I am the same, even if i go 3-6 (6 is as far as I made it), I cannot hole on ketamine. I also can't trip off nitrous. Hoping some of these stronger compounds might still get me off..

Imo the safest psychedelics go like this DMT then probably mescaline and 2cb Then LSD. After that mushrooms psilocybin has more potential for making people psychotic than LSD after the trip ends due to the shear amount of stress induced under mushroom. The only people i know who acutally went insane after psychedelics was people doing mushrooms.

The thing is nearly all LSD bad trips are related to cannabis like thats a matter of fucking fact. If you dont mix LSD with other drugs its a pretty fucking safe and clear drug if your not a idiot and don't over do it with the dosages.

Dissos are a fucking lie selling some grand delusional visions making you feel better for like a week but if you do them every day your gonna fry yourself really bad. Just my short ketamine stint had me in a state of constant deja vu for months and months after i stopped using it. And i did barely fucking much of it at all.

I seen some wild shit on ketamine and even thought i was dead on it but literally nothing i experinced on ketamine was life changing or made my life better it was just like some fucking purely hedonistic experience seeing some hectic shit like GOD time travelling and everything but been detached from it all aswell.

Now if you breakthrough on DMT that will literally change your life and give you massive lessons and tools to live your best life.

Ketamine is a short band aid for depressed people. dissoacitives are pure hedonism and i love ketamine but i aint gonna lie to myself and say i acutally learnt anything productive from doing the ketamine.
I crashed a car *on purpose* on LSD. Not quite jumping off a building, but still dumb. Another time, I saw people run through massive traffic. Ive seen someone almost run off a cliff, but they were stopped.

Besides dangerous actions, LSD might have me believing the ppl next to me are shape shifter aliens, or that I'm interacting with Kali Ma, while shrooms and mescaline seem to have me more lucid.

I think CBT operates in two parts. The first is the therapy where you learn to recognise and understand your dysfunctional self-defeating thoughts with the aid of the therapist. This looks a lot like regular talk therapy. You work out counter-arguments to your negative ideas and beliefs. However when combined with Mindfullness it’s really training you to be able to recognise and control those dysfunctional and self-defeating thoughts in real-time when they emerge. In Freudian terms it teaches you to use your super-ego to grab hold of emotionally disturbing content emerging from your ego and id and reframe or redirect the negativity with more positive and realistic thoughts.

As an example, on a hard comedown I start having enormous anxiety about being an unlovable failure who cannot connect with normal people. Having worked through that anxiety with my therapist, when I am alone at 4 AM after a 3 day bender and start feeling suicidal thinking that way my conscious self can bring to bear all the positive counter evidence and arguments that we came up with in therapy. Basically I construct a new (evidence-based) narrative for my comedown mind to latch onto as I feel the depression and anxiety getting out of hand.
Very true, cbt is cbt however

There is also a related but definitely separate discipline called MBCT (Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy) which sounds quite like what you're describing

Personally for me one safety feature of LSD is that it renders me incapable of walking once i start moving to the point I might think I could walk on water. Maybe when I was younger and on a low dose trip (say a single blotter) where I could still run around and dance I might have been unaware enough to walk into traffic by accident but I would still have been capable of consciously knowing what was dangerous and what was not. These days, I just lie down or sit down and can’t really go anywhere physical where I might be in danger.

Personally for me one safety feature of LSD is that it renders me incapable of walking once i start moving to the point I might think I could walk on water. Maybe when I was younger and on a low dose trip (say a single blotter) where I could still run around and dance I might have been unaware enough to walk into traffic by accident but I would still have been capable of consciously knowing what was dangerous and what was not. These days, I just lie down or sit down and can’t really go anywhere physical where I might be in danger.
Interesting. Never went beyond 400ug, but always able to walk. Or even dance. I much prefer dancing to crashing cars :)

This sums up dissociatives pretty well. I learn from psychedelics, learn about life, myself, others, I see things about the world and life in a different way. Dissociatives are like a total departure from your life and ultimately, not beneficial to my life, even though they've been interesting and I don't regret any experiences, and I'll have more of them, too. I don't get the dissociative pull, they're not addictive to me, which is awesome. But to many, they are, very addictive.

Well I fell 40 feet off the battlements of a fucking castle on 200ug lsd in my teens so there's that :eek:

I didn't know I'd fallen until I heard my mates shouting from above. They thought I'd been abducted stealthily by aliens or had perhaps just dematerialised

I'd fallen in complete silence and landed/rolled in the dip where the moat used to be 100's of years ago. Not a single bruise

Interesting. Never went beyond 400ug, but always able to walk. Or even dance. I much prefer dancing to crashing cars :)
With no tolerance 500 ug has been my max. I could possibly have walked in an emergency at that level but at the peak everything in the trip was encouraging me to just be as physically still as possible and let it all happen in my mind. I certainly could not have danced though. Or really wanted to - at least not in public. At some other stages I was slowly grooving around my house though and while I was lying down I think I was probably kind of gently dancing or at least moving ecstatically in sync with what the music was doing to me. I don’t really remember the specifics of that one.

I live in a high story in an apartment block though and getting to the parkland outside has always seemed impossible when on a major trip The chance of being stuck in the lift with a neighbour or being questioned or approached by someone while that high has always been too much to deal with. Plus home feel snug and secure.

Well I fell 40 feet off the battlements of a fucking castle on 200ug lsd in my teens so there's that :eek:

I didn't know I'd fallen until I heard my mates shouting from above. They thought I'd been abducted stealthily by aliens or had perhaps just dematerialised

I'd fallen in complete silence and landed/rolled in the dip where the moat used to be 100's of years ago. Not a single bruise

Wow damn that's crazy, you're really lucky you weren't seriously hurt or killed.

I haven’t ever had strong urges to harm myself or others on any psychedelic. Did take a header into a pumpkin in my garden last summer while on 5 fantastic hits of LSD. I felt so bad, nurturing the plant from a seedling and then harming it. Spent the rest of the trip firmly glued to my couch after my wife assured me that the pumpkin plant was okay.

Dissos move me away from the mindset of giving a shit about much of anything. The entire class of drugs terrifies me. Ket was fun, PCP was interesting, and the analogues seem to range from “fun” to “fuck no”. The compulsion to keep using is strong as well. Not quite opiate level, but close.

i wouldn't go out in public on anything above 120 ug. But i still have and ended up fine. Fuck i once peaked inside a cafe on 200 ug the visuals were insanity i tried to walk outside and got fucking lost within 10 m but was still mentally ok if i had my friend with me to keep my stream of consciouness running then i was totally fine.

Was looping and everything.

Once you properly learn your way around LSD and how your mind is working you hack it and control the entire experience and never get stuck in a loop again.

If anybody thinks they are immortal or their actions have no consequences after taking a drug then they themselves are a total fuckwit its not the drug to blame because most people don't act like that its not normal to ingest a drug and then think the laws of the universe no longer apply to you so you go out and commit crime and jump off buildings. It means you a person have some serious cognitive delusions that needs to be addressed by a psychologist because the reality testing mechanisms in your brain are not working.

With no tolerance 500 ug has been my max. I could possibly have walked in an emergency at that level but at the peak everything in the trip was encouraging me to just be as physically still as possible and let it all happen in my mind. I certainly could not have danced though. Or really wanted to - at least not in public. At some other stages I was slowly grooving around my house though and while I was lying down I think I was probably kind of gently dancing or at least moving ecstatically in sync with what the music was doing to me. I don’t really remember the specifics of that one.

I live in a high story in an apartment block though and getting to the parkland outside has always seemed impossible when on a major trip The chance of being stuck in the lift with a neighbour or being questioned or approached by someone while that high has always been too much to deal with. Plus home feel snug and secure.
man i use to have to climb 3 flights of stairs peaking on heavy doses with my friend while also under weed to go the park it was always hectic each time we went out but we would go on 3-4 walks on the trips i would loop like crazy on those stairs every time. But was always okay even though it felt like i was gonna fuck out lol. in an apartment block

Status
Not open for further replies.