View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Tripping Thread: Tripping Past 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
the worst thing about salvia is that it does not immobilize you during the breakthrough meaning you can do really bad damage to the house and yourself as those famous youtube videos show off though some folks manage to handle their trip and just sit there in the chair. I am one of those people when my mind leaves this physical reality my body does some crazy shit.

Hmm. Glad I kept the sage restricted to immobilizing DXM nights then. Cough suppression helped with the rips as well.

Yeah, you can really get into trouble on a breakthrough if you aren't in a safe place. Your body can decide to go do its own thing while you're out to lunch.

Back when I had live plants, I loved the quid method. It's a completely different experience, one that's both gentle and really insightful. Sadly, I've never been able to get it to work with dried leaves or tincture.

I've always wanted to try the quid method, I've never considered that it might not work without fresh leaf.

Almost every time I did a breakthrough dose I wasn't going anywhere... it's not immobilising as such of course but I never had an inclination to move and I'm not sure I could have exercised the will to move even if I did. I guess I'm lucky in that sense. Only one of my salvia trips I can actually remember enough to describe and I thought I was a building for about 5 minutes before coming down.

I remember seeing what I presume was the quid method on Hamilton Morris' Pharmacopeia and it looked completely different to a high concentration extract breakthrough, like actually euphoric and enjoyable... descriptors I would not use to describe any of my previous salvia experiences. Also IIRC the reintegration is often quite uncomfortable, as is not quite breaking through and being stuck in a kind of weird dissociated limbo. If I really dig into my memory I think maybe there can be moments of serene acceptance at the peak of believing myself to be an inanimate object in some kind of perpetually static plastic world... but everything after that is downhill.

Got some czech needlepoint 99.5%. Need to wait for my tolerance to really lower after tripping a bit. Maybe next week. Hoping this new xtal is better at doses of 500 ug on my body than the fluff i was using last year where it had very noticeable negative vasoconstriction and less smoother comedowns than other xtals i had.

Aztec xtal imo gave me some pretty chaotic headspace and heavy deep visuals but they were always so fucking dark. 95% white fluff was intense nausea and body aches with looping head fuck. while my cali fluff headspace was pretty clear and it had some element of holy karma headspace just the body load got intense at high doses.

Cali needlepoint up to 500 ug though never induced nausea on me and the headspace felt extremely clear every trip. I know some people dismiss the unique feeling of each xtal but nick sands said each impurity well not active on their own they are active under the microscope of LSD in the mind. Every little thing in your body and brain plays a part in the trip which is why 99.9% double-triple recryztalized chromographed LSD is important for a smooth trip when dosing huge amounts. Some xtal should never be used upwards of 500-1000 ug. while some xtal that is 99.9% retain complete mental function clarity even up to 1000 ug.

Sounds like a little alchemy going on there, remember that each molecule interacts with energy and this is what you are describing as differences - regardless of impurities.

I have had different batches of the same compounds for research chemicals and have been able to notice differences as well, many people like to say that everyone is different though so you can go ahead and think what you will but it all breaks down to energy.

xtal effects are discussed heavily in a far away garden by the LSD chemists. Each LSD produced has its own imprint each LSD is produced with widely differing precousers. The czech univeristies have some pretty dam cool papers they publish on lysergic chemistry czechs where the last ones to ban LSD its still pretty much held up well in the eyes of the research over there.

Owesly was even praised by albert hofman in the early days as the only person who ever got the chemistry right. A guy with no chemical background goes and reads some heavy chemistry literature walks in a lab and meets his later girlfriend and they both go and make the purest greatest LSD ever and their method still remains the standard of pure LSD that beats pharm grade standards of precision.

One thing I always wondered but never got an answer for, is where LSD analogues (1p, 1cp, 1a..) would fall under then

I just think that we're kidding ourselves if we believe that we truly understand what's going on in any sort of complete way, when it comes to the effects of psychedelic drugs on human consciousness. Add to that the placebo and nocebo effect, and it's a big clusterfuck. People can convince themselves that there aren't any differences as well as easily as they can convince themselves there are differences. When I was first coming into the world of talking about psychedelics online, a lot of old-schoolers were insistent that there were no real differences besides potency and duration between distinct drugs of the 2C-X class and also between different 4-substituted tryptamines. They would swear they couldn't tell a difference. In fact even recently (in the past year or so) someone from back in the day came in here and made that same argument. I think a lot of it goes back to a study that was conducted a long time ago, significantly it was among psychedelically naïve people, where they concluded that people couldn't tell the difference between LSD, mushrooms, and mescaline in a double blind study. Which I think we can all agree, among experienced users who have taken these things a lot, is nonsense.

I used to repeat the "LSD is LSD is LSD" trope, but honestly I don't believe I can say with certainty that that's true anymore. There are other factors possibly at play, such as polymorphism of the crystals. It has often been said by members on here that polymorphism should not make a difference as it's dissolving anyway, but see this abstract which shows that for at least drug (anti-HIV drug efivirenz), polymorphism makes a substantial difference in the drug's metabolism and effects:

psychedelics already intensify everything in your body and brain so even inactive side products will change the experince hell if i start eating sugar if my visuals are dying down while still peaking suddenly kick right back up as its like fuel for the brain after heavy tripping in the peak. You know when your are totally burnt and the brain just can not do anymore because its neurons are just overtime eat some candy some sugar wham kicks my trip back into action.

I try avoid any psychtropic substance the day or night of my trip so i avoid caffeine etc to try get my experince as free from any other influence.

Idk if anybody has heard of lysergic acid methyl ester but the czechs have invented many new forms of lsyergic acid to get around precousers and these things are probably active by themselves so what if these things are left over and not cleaned up fully they will be having all sorts of syngerism with LSD.

Took 40mg of MPT but it was pretty light. Added 30mg of 4C-D, a few mg each of 4-AcO-MET and 4-HO-MiPT in a beer and then 10mg plugged 2C-D really kicked it in. Just had to listen to my friend go on about the Trump cabal dark state takeover blah blah blah now back to the music.
How did this end up? :)
I'd love to try 4C-D man, I should look into it at some point

How did this end up? :)
I'd love to try 4C-D man, I should look into it at some point
It was great. There was a really nice synergy. Great music enhancement and nice CEV's with 3D structure to them. I'd never watched the Mandelbrot set while tripping and gained a new appreciation for that, really intensified the OEV's too.

The MPT actually ended up being a lot less intense then the first time I spread the same dose out over an hour. I did take a small dose of F-phenibut earlier in the day (only like 50mg) so maybe that had something to do with it. Even after the 4C-D it still felt very recreational. Once I took the 2C-D it took about 10 minutes to really ramp up the headspace, and it started to feel much more tryptamine-esque.

You should definitely get some 4C-D, if only because the crystals are so beautiful to look at. :)

got two recuse kittens today one of them looks exactly like a kitten i saw in my dream last week after i slept off that 250 ug. Crazy stuff. The dog is scared of them but they like him. Going to hold off tripping any more til i move out next month been living with my folks for over a year due to covid situation and well they have no objections to LSD i try not trip too hard or peak around them i just talk to them on the comedowns which i feel is still pretty a strain because everything is so dam hyper present. main reason why i only ever trip at night.

Well not that it’s tripping, per say, ( though with my low weed tolerance it’ll be nice) but plan is to try out this marijuana tincture I picked up there other day. Bloody expensive but I cba to make any edibles atm. Hell the last stuff I made just sat there til I threw it out. I’d have been upset if I hadn’t grown it and didn’t have enough to spare lol I was more upset of the wasted effort

Anyways plan is to try a 4ml/120mg. I know it’s a little high but I’ve gone higher on homemade before lol

Well not that it’s tripping, per say, ( though with my low weed tolerance it’ll be nice) but plan is to try out this marijuana tincture I picked up there other day. Bloody expensive but I cba to make any edibles atm. Hell the last stuff I made just sat there til I threw it out. I’d have been upset if I hadn’t grown it and didn’t have enough to spare lol I was more upset of the wasted effort

Anyways plan is to try a 4ml/120mg. I know it’s a little high but I’ve gone higher on homemade before lol
decent edibles send me into crazy trips. I seen gummies made out of tincture idk how people calculate their edibles here its usually either insane strong or weak as fuck.

This was purchased from the dispensary so it’s appropriately measured.

When I make my own edibles I don’t know the thc content of either the weed or the resulting extract (we do have labs here that will do it for a fee but it’s nearly 200 bucks so I don’t bother). So I normally just make them in gram equivalents (so maybe 100-200mg depending on the weed and the efficiency of the extraction).

Depending on tolerance 1 is often enough. But when I was eating them weekly it slowly creeped up to 1.5 or 2. I’ve given some to friends who “eat all kinds of edibles” and 1 laid them out. I felt bad.

I recall one instance at a festival I had made a batch using bottoms (sugar leaves and small buds). I compensated the dose because it wasn’t all buds. Turns out i didn’t need to be so liberal. I haven’t been that high in ages. I was so sick and high well into the next day. I’m not going for that today lol

This coming Thursday i will dine on a broiled fillet of the psychedelic fish upeneus taeniopterus, or finstriped goatfish. Wish me luck!

Well I tried it last night instead and it had no real effect beyond restless sleep and vivid dreams. Hard to say if it was even caused by the fish but it did seem uncharacteristic. I only ate 64 grams of it. First time I ever weighed out a "dose" of fish on a scale 😂. Honestly I was relieved it didn't do much since I had a zoom meeting today.

On an interesting note I just got the urge to try for the first time some psychotria colorata I imported from africa in the beginning of last year. I just did an allergy test. I'm concerned of the eseroline like alkaloids, which has discouraged me from trying it. Looks like that fish gave me the courage.

The other thing I seemed to have noticed (ostensibly from the 🐟) is an antidepressant effect today but that could also be placebo.

Apparently goatfish found in only specific areas have hallucinogenic properties (thus a dietary origin) and while these specimens were reported the psychedelic kind my friend got them without dosing instruction, just with the information that they were supposedly "active" (they are left overs from a university order).

Last edited:
Well, I wasn’t aiming for the moon. I sure landed further out than I had anticipated.

After a light breakfast I did some running around once the stores opened to prep for dinner. Then i grabbed 4 caps and dosed Out the oil. Each OO cap held about 0.8ml which comes to about 100mg. Given that my housemate took two caps the other day and was pretty stoned, and yet another buddy who also gets these drops said to take 2-3 ml, and they both have near daily vaping habits - I figured better be safe than sorry and didn’t get more caps to reach my initial thoughts of 120mg (I don’t think edibles get the proper respect they deserve. I have been proper ripped to pieces with high dose edibles). And I’m glad logic prevailed lol

I felt alerts within minutes while I prepped the sauce for dinner. Then I sat down to play some games. At the two hour mark buddy commented that he was surprised I wasn’t higher and I was honestly disappointed I hadn’t ate more. But this isn’t my first rodeo, and I knew there was still time before I’d peak. I continued to play video games yet It was becoming increasingly more difficult.

At 3 hrs I was nicely stoned and it felt like I was still climbing.

So stoned in fact I became pensive: I’ve been playing too many video games lately (more so now that there are tighter lock down restrictions and work has slowed) and being so stoned I kept dying and I lost interest. So I decided to pick up my juggling balls - it’s been months. Between the months off and being so stoned, I was sorely uncoordinated. 3 balls was a struggle, never mind any tricks. So I dropped two and just started ingraining the muscle movement patterns with 1. But again, I slowly lost interest.

So, I began walking mindfully around the house. Hell, its been months since I’ve practiced any form of mindfulness and this provided some relief from my racing mind (for me vaping/edibles always stimulate my mind, rather than turn it off).

We had planned a walk for when my daughter was done school. When I kept rhyming words for the articles of winter clothes we were donning, buddy commented about just how stoned I was. And I was lol getting outside was nice. I’ve been trying to get out daily recently as I’ve been reclusive these past number of months.

After the walk I sat on the couch with my sudoku book (lately I’ve been trying to learn how to complete the medium puzzles as I can do easy without issue). I knocked off an easy real quick and figured I’d try my luck with a harder one.

I managed a few quadrants before I lost interest. Staring off into the abyss I began to melt onto the couch. The light was too bright and with eyes closed I saw a variety of faint colours which morphed into scenes, perhaps matching my subconscious thoughts.

Focusing on my breathing took my mind off the slight discomfort I was feeling in my stomach. this stuff was a pale amber colour yet I still experienced some stomach distress.... the more I eat edibles the less I care for the taste and the more susceptible I am to feeling icky. Even then taste of it turns my stomach, hence why I called the oil as opposed to using it sublinguallly. The weed flavoured burps I was having sent shivers down my spine lol.

I managed to ooze out of the couch to make dinner without issue, though I was obviously quite stoned. I don’t really get the munchies but as I didn’t eat on the come up/all afternoon (since an early breakfast) I was hungry for dinner. Too much spaghetti, garlic bread and salad led to even more stomach distress and I wasn’t sure if I was to be ill.

Laying down on the couch, again focusing on my breathing, with eyes closed, I was presented with more fanciful thought movies. I drifted off into sleep for maybe an hour.

When I awoke around 8, nearly 10hrs after dosing I was still quite high but felt much better. For the rest of the night I sat in a puddle on the couch just watching movies.

I went to bed too late, as again My thoughts were stimulated by the weed. 5 hrs later I woke up at my normal time, but instead of feeling tired from the short sleep I was still pleasantly, faintly, stoned.

I love edibles so much more than smoking. Without a tolerance it always feels so psychedelic. I feel like such a weight has been lifted today, it really feels quite cathartic.

Well, I wasn’t aiming for the moon. I sure landed further out than I had anticipated.

After a light breakfast I did some running around once the stores opened to prep for dinner. Then i grabbed 4 caps and dosed Out the oil. Each OO cap held about 0.8ml which comes to about 100mg. Given that my housemate took two caps the other day and was pretty stoned, and yet another buddy who also gets these drops said to take 2-3 ml, and they both have near daily vaping habits - I figured better be safe than sorry and didn’t get more caps to reach my initial thoughts of 120mg (I don’t think edibles get the proper respect they deserve. I have been proper ripped to pieces with high dose edibles). And I’m glad logic prevailed lol

I felt alerts within minutes while I prepped the sauce for dinner. Then I sat down to play some games. At the two hour mark buddy commented that he was surprised I wasn’t higher and I was honestly disappointed I hadn’t ate more. But this isn’t my first rodeo, and I knew there was still time before I’d peak. I continued to play video games yet It was becoming increasingly more difficult.

At 3 hrs I was nicely stoned and it felt like I was still climbing.

So stoned in fact I became pensive: I’ve been playing too many video games lately (more so now that there are tighter lock down restrictions and work has slowed) and being so stoned I kept dying and I lost interest. So I decided to pick up my juggling balls - it’s been months. Between the months off and being so stoned, I was sorely uncoordinated. 3 balls was a struggle, never mind any tricks. So I dropped two and just started ingraining the muscle movement patterns with 1. But again, I slowly lost interest.

So, I began walking mindfully around the house. Hell, its been months since I’ve practiced any form of mindfulness and this provided some relief from my racing mind (for me vaping/edibles always stimulate my mind, rather than turn it off).

We had planned a walk for when my daughter was done school. When I kept rhyming words for the articles of winter clothes we were donning, buddy commented about just how stoned I was. And I was lol getting outside was nice. I’ve been trying to get out daily recently as I’ve been reclusive these past number of months.

After the walk I sat on the couch with my sudoku book (lately I’ve been trying to learn how to complete the medium puzzles as I can do easy without issue). I knocked off an easy real quick and figured I’d try my luck with a harder one.

I managed a few quadrants before I lost interest. Staring off into the abyss I began to melt onto the couch. The light was too bright and with eyes closed I saw a variety of faint colours which morphed into scenes, perhaps matching my subconscious thoughts.

Focusing on my breathing took my mind off the slight discomfort I was feeling in my stomach. this stuff was a pale amber colour yet I still experienced some stomach distress.... the more I eat edibles the less I care for the taste and the more susceptible I am to feeling icky. Even then taste of it turns my stomach, hence why I called the oil as opposed to using it sublinguallly. The weed flavoured burps I was having sent shivers down my spine lol.

I managed to ooze out of the couch to make dinner without issue, though I was obviously quite stoned. I don’t really get the munchies but as I didn’t eat on the come up/all afternoon (since an early breakfast) I was hungry for dinner. Too much spaghetti, garlic bread and salad led to even more stomach distress and I wasn’t sure if I was to be ill.

Laying down on the couch, again focusing on my breathing, with eyes closed, I was presented with more fanciful thought movies. I drifted off into sleep for maybe an hour.

When I awoke around 8, nearly 10hrs after dosing I was still quite high but felt much better. For the rest of the night I sat in a puddle on the couch just watching movies.

I went to bed too late, as again My thoughts were stimulated by the weed. 5 hrs later I woke up at my normal time, but instead of feeling tired from the short sleep I was still pleasantly, faintly, stoned.

I love edibles so much more than smoking. Without a tolerance it always feels so psychedelic. I feel like such a weight has been lifted today, it really feels quite cathartic.

100mg of cannabis oil? Or 100mg of THC? I'd lose my shit on 100mg of THC.

Status
Not open for further replies.