• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest Posting RulesBluelight Rules
  • PD Moderators: Cream Gravy? | Transform | Vastness | Xorkoth
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Tripping Thread: Tripping Past 2020

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
Whoa crazy, I've always wondered about the psychedelic fish. Unless it's a different one than I've read about, I believe they are psychedelic due to what they eat, so some of them won't do anything

negrogesic

Moderator: BDD, OD
Staff member
Whoa crazy, I've always wondered about the psychedelic fish. Unless it's a different one than I've read about, I believe they are psychedelic due to what they eat, so some of them won't do anything

Yeah these are frozen. The guy who I'm getting them from said that he was tossing and turning all night and "felt weird" and had vivid dreams after eating some.

PYTH

Bluelighter
I never broke through on salvia and tbh I'm happy to leave it there... I wouldn't mind doing a chewing of the leaves like Hamilton does in his show but as far as smoking a killer extract, I'd rather have a tryptamine at my disposal!
I never quite broke through either.

I tried growing some back when it was easier to get young plants but it didn't quite take, stayed small, and eventually died. Later I had a neighbor with a bunch of plants, but you really need a ton of leaves in the quid so I never got more than a buzz off of maybe a half dozen fresh ones. I really regret not asking him for some cuttings now though.

I still get anxious about the DMT blastoff, even though I never fully broke through the smoked salvia blastoff was even more intense, I remember seeing the world tessellate into jagged spirals a few times.

Smoking seems a little dangerous, I don't think I have it in me. Would definitely be interested in a tincture or something though.

Reading trip reports and having way more experience with heavy hallucinatory experiences now it's kind of alarming to think of all these unprepared joe-blows on YouTube back in the day hitting that stuff and having no context. Once you get into DMT and hole-dose dissociatives it's like 'oh, now I get it', and I can read a salvia trip report and have some framework... but at least DMT is often mood lifting and kind of euphoric and K anxiolytic.

Last edited:

TripSitterNZ

Bluelighter
the worst thing about salvia is that it does not immobilize you during the breakthrough meaning you can do really bad damage to the house and yourself as those famous youtube videos show off though some folks manage to handle their trip and just sit there in the chair. I am one of those people when my mind leaves this physical reality my body does some crazy shit.

Cosmic Charlie

Bluelight Crew
Took 40mg of MPT but it was pretty light. Added 30mg of 4C-D, a few mg each of 4-AcO-MET and 4-HO-MiPT in a beer and then 10mg plugged 2C-D really kicked it in. Just had to listen to my friend go on about the Trump cabal dark state takeover blah blah blah now back to the music.

Digging this song, must investigate this band furthur!!!

Chris Timothy

Bluelighter
the worst thing about salvia is that it does not immobilize you during the breakthrough meaning you can do really bad damage to the house and yourself as those famous youtube videos show off though some folks manage to handle their trip and just sit there in the chair. I am one of those people when my mind leaves this physical reality my body does some crazy shit.

Hmm. Glad I kept the sage restricted to immobilizing DXM nights then. Cough suppression helped with the rips as well.

Pfafffed

Bluelighter
Yeah, you can really get into trouble on a breakthrough if you aren't in a safe place. Your body can decide to go do its own thing while you're out to lunch.

Back when I had live plants, I loved the quid method. It's a completely different experience, one that's both gentle and really insightful. Sadly, I've never been able to get it to work with dried leaves or tincture.

Vastness

Moderator: PD
Staff member
Almost every time I did a breakthrough dose I wasn't going anywhere... it's not immobilising as such of course but I never had an inclination to move and I'm not sure I could have exercised the will to move even if I did. I guess I'm lucky in that sense. Only one of my salvia trips I can actually remember enough to describe and I thought I was a building for about 5 minutes before coming down.

I remember seeing what I presume was the quid method on Hamilton Morris' Pharmacopeia and it looked completely different to a high concentration extract breakthrough, like actually euphoric and enjoyable... descriptors I would not use to describe any of my previous salvia experiences. Also IIRC the reintegration is often quite uncomfortable, as is not quite breaking through and being stuck in a kind of weird dissociated limbo. If I really dig into my memory I think maybe there can be moments of serene acceptance at the peak of believing myself to be an inanimate object in some kind of perpetually static plastic world... but everything after that is downhill.

TripSitterNZ

Bluelighter
Got some czech needlepoint 99.5%. Need to wait for my tolerance to really lower after tripping a bit. Maybe next week. Hoping this new xtal is better at doses of 500 ug on my body than the fluff i was using last year where it had very noticeable negative vasoconstriction and less smoother comedowns than other xtals i had.

Aztec xtal imo gave me some pretty chaotic headspace and heavy deep visuals but they were always so fucking dark. 95% white fluff was intense nausea and body aches with looping head fuck. while my cali fluff headspace was pretty clear and it had some element of holy karma headspace just the body load got intense at high doses.

Cali needlepoint up to 500 ug though never induced nausea on me and the headspace felt extremely clear every trip. I know some people dismiss the unique feeling of each xtal but nick sands said each impurity well not active on their own they are active under the microscope of LSD in the mind. Every little thing in your body and brain plays a part in the trip which is why 99.9% double-triple recryztalized chromographed LSD is important for a smooth trip when dosing huge amounts. Some xtal should never be used upwards of 500-1000 ug. while some xtal that is 99.9% retain complete mental function clarity even up to 1000 ug.

blowjay

Bluelighter
Sounds like a little alchemy going on there, remember that each molecule interacts with energy and this is what you are describing as differences - regardless of impurities.

blowjay

Bluelighter
I have had different batches of the same compounds for research chemicals and have been able to notice differences as well, many people like to say that everyone is different though so you can go ahead and think what you will but it all breaks down to energy.

TripSitterNZ

Bluelighter
xtal effects are discussed heavily in a far away garden by the LSD chemists. Each LSD produced has its own imprint each LSD is produced with widely differing precousers. The czech univeristies have some pretty dam cool papers they publish on lysergic chemistry czechs where the last ones to ban LSD its still pretty much held up well in the eyes of the research over there.

Owesly was even praised by albert hofman in the early days as the only person who ever got the chemistry right. A guy with no chemical background goes and reads some heavy chemistry literature walks in a lab and meets his later girlfriend and they both go and make the purest greatest LSD ever and their method still remains the standard of pure LSD that beats pharm grade standards of precision.

PYTH

Bluelighter
I've always wanted to try the quid method, I've never considered that it might not work without fresh leaf.

Interesting, I thought dried leaves were often used. I tried fresh because they were there, but fresh turns into a hell of a big quid I'd imagine :p

Re: LSD, it makes very little scientific sense (very few things are so substantially active at such small amounts) so there's a lot of pushback, but if I hadn't experienced consistent differences between batches even A/Bing and switching up setting I wouldn't believe it. Duration, general LSD-ness, relative dose all seem consistent. I don't ascribe to any mysticism around LSD production at all, however... I think if someone had the time, money, and access to do a real study and analysis they're probably find something plausible. No one's out there both mass-spec'ing batches and gathering subjective data. But who knows, could be weird analogues or something.

At least with DMT extraction science has a loose if unproven idea about some of the other possible actives.

Last edited:

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
I just think that we're kidding ourselves if we believe that we truly understand what's going on in any sort of complete way, when it comes to the effects of psychedelic drugs on human consciousness. Add to that the placebo and nocebo effect, and it's a big clusterfuck. People can convince themselves that there aren't any differences as well as easily as they can convince themselves there are differences. When I was first coming into the world of talking about psychedelics online, a lot of old-schoolers were insistent that there were no real differences besides potency and duration between distinct drugs of the 2C-X class and also between different 4-substituted tryptamines. They would swear they couldn't tell a difference. In fact even recently (in the past year or so) someone from back in the day came in here and made that same argument. I think a lot of it goes back to a study that was conducted a long time ago, significantly it was among psychedelically naïve people, where they concluded that people couldn't tell the difference between LSD, mushrooms, and mescaline in a double blind study. Which I think we can all agree, among experienced users who have taken these things a lot, is nonsense.

I used to repeat the "LSD is LSD is LSD" trope, but honestly I don't believe I can say with certainty that that's true anymore. There are other factors possibly at play, such as polymorphism of the crystals. It has often been said by members on here that polymorphism should not make a difference as it's dissolving anyway, but see this abstract which shows that for at least drug (anti-HIV drug efivirenz), polymorphism makes a substantial difference in the drug's metabolism and effects:

TripSitterNZ

Bluelighter
psychedelics already intensify everything in your body and brain so even inactive side products will change the experince hell if i start eating sugar if my visuals are dying down while still peaking suddenly kick right back up as its like fuel for the brain after heavy tripping in the peak. You know when your are totally burnt and the brain just can not do anymore because its neurons are just overtime eat some candy some sugar wham kicks my trip back into action.

I try avoid any psychtropic substance the day or night of my trip so i avoid caffeine etc to try get my experince as free from any other influence.

Idk if anybody has heard of lysergic acid methyl ester but the czechs have invented many new forms of lsyergic acid to get around precousers and these things are probably active by themselves so what if these things are left over and not cleaned up fully they will be having all sorts of syngerism with LSD.