Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Thread: Engage the digital super banana

Status
Not open for further replies.
John "Your Body Is A Wonderland" Mayer?

Worst thing since "Dead heads for Obama" IMO.

Although no, I haven't listened to his new stuff, and if Bobby et al. think he's legit maybe I should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, I will still be going to the MSG shows, crossing my fingers that the shark isn't being jumped, but even if it is, I'll probably keep coming back. The Dead scene, my bookie, and one or another purveyor of altered states (dope man, liquor store, or psychiatrist) will probably never have to worry about that.

Xorkoth said:
4-HO-MiPT
Fantastic little tryptamine. Not particularly deep but a lot of fun IME. It also plays well with other drugs, dissociatives, empathize so in particular. It can be insufflated, which I'd very interesting and euphoric and sparkly, but winds up wasting drugs. I can remember a night literally sifting together a mound of ketamine, a mound of mephedrone, and a mound of 4-HO-MiPT in what I guess we supposed were appropriate proportions, and then going to town doing lines. That was a hell of a night and smack dab in the Himalayan heights of my Period Of Excess And Psychedelic Debauchery, but it certainly was interesting. Dunno if I'd recommend it but it was one of the more spaced out states in which I've found myself and also one of the most euphoric.

I actually like some of his covers. Not too much solo stuff. Neon had a cool riff though. Not going to lie. Haven't heard anything newer. Im keeping an open mind.

Fantastic little tryptamine. Not particularly deep but a lot of fun IME. It also plays well with other drugs, dissociatives, empathize so in particular. It can be insufflated, which I'd very interesting and euphoric and sparkly, but winds up wasting drugs. I can remember a night literally sifting together a mound of ketamine, a mound of mephedrone, and a mound of 4-HO-MiPT in what I guess we supposed were appropriate proportions, and then going to town doing lines. That was a hell of a night and smack dab in the Himalayan heights of my Period Of Excess And Psychedelic Debauchery, but it certainly was interesting. Dunno if I'd recommend it but it was one of the more spaced out states in which I've found myself and also one of the most euphoric.

I did it 2 days in a row... 25mg oral the first day and 30mg oral the second day. The first day was like the ultimate recreational trip, I even liked it more than AL-LAD I think. Massive rushes of euphoria, and everything was so funny and I was seeing the humor in what I felt was a very witty and intelligent way. Almost zero visuals too. It was quite mentally active but not spiritually deep at all. The second day I took it at a Dark Star show and the first thing I noticed was some of the most incredible trails I've ever had, the visual displays were gorgeous. It was very euphoric and empathogenic, as well as very empathogenic towards myself... it ended up being one of the most revealing and useful trips I've had, though still not spiritually deep in the way that, say, mushrooms or DMT are (ie, not in the ego loss sort of way). It was very world-centered, but I could not believe the way my brain was working, everything was flowing perfectly. I felt like I had a very great level of understanding and insight about the issues I was being presented with. Really amazing trip, one of the more useful and educational ones I've ever had.

Last edited:
I did it 2 days in a row... 25mg oral the first day and 30mg oral the second day. The first day was like the ultimate recreational trip, I even liked it more than AL-LAD I think. Massive rushes of euphoria, and everything was so funny and I was seeing the humor in what I felt was a very witty and intelligent way. Almost zero visuals too. It was quite mentally active but not spiritually deep at all. The second day I took it at a Dark Star show and the first thing I noticed was some of the most incredible trails I've ever had, the visual displays were gorgeous. It was very euphoric and empathogenic, as well as very empathogenic towards myself... it ended up being one of the most revealing and useful trips I've had, though still not spiritually deep in the way that, say, mushrooms or DMT are (ie, not in the ego loss sort of way). It was very world-centered, but I could not believe the way my brain was working, everything was flowing perfectly. I felt like I had a very great level of understanding and insight about the issues I was being presented with. Really amazing trip, one of the more useful and educational ones I've ever had.
I'm shocked that you describe almost no visuals at 25mg.

I get fairly intense visuals from 4-ho-mipt at 7-10mg. I probably wouldn't take it past 20.

I'm a hardhead due to too many psychedelics in the past. When I started tripping my dosages were always unusually low and I would get a lot of visuals. Not so much now, but the second trip I did get an incredible amount of visuals.

25-30mg is a very comfortable level for me for most 4-sub-Ts... the highest I've taken one was 40mg of 4-AcO-DMT, it was extremely intense but a great trip.

My 4-HO-MiPT doses were always closer to Xorkoth's ranges ... but I was a hardhead too, especially at the time. Goes to show there's a lot of variance. I suppose one who is new to the compound ought to start low. Insufflated doses are even higher and escalate quickly with tolerance but like I said I adored that RoA.

Obiter: Get a load of this fucking thread ...

plugged 50mg 4 aco met with some mxe sunday night. Supposedly degraded... I dunno if by much cuz that was sommeeeee shit. Started with 10mg and didn't feel much so swung for the fences.

It seemed really friendly and neutral. I would like to take again without any mxe (i don't say that...ever).

4 ho mipt/dipt should be next on my list. Tried 4 aco det a while back, and of course 4 aco dmt (not a huge fan, would rather mushrooms)

Anyone else feel like all of BL has gone a bit cuckoo lately?

Worked out yesterday, feel like I got hit by a bus this morning and think I pulled some muscles in my forearm of all places. Kinda bummed. Don't think I'm well enough yet to start taking it seriously. :\

Good to know that someone else doesn't really care for 4 aco dmt. Makes me super tired. Haven't tried too many other RC tryps but 4 ho met sounds interesting and some of these others.

^I can't vouch for any other RC tryptamines, but 4-ho-met is certainly... wild. It was always a bit too much for me, gave me the feeling of being stalked by dark entities... but then again, I'm not a big fan of mushrooms either, albeit they offer that god-like universal connection to everything during the peak, which makes me usually forgive the unpleasant come-up.

Anyone else feel like all of BL has gone a bit cuckoo lately?

Worked out yesterday, feel like I got hit by a bus this morning and think I pulled some muscles in my forearm of all places. Kinda bummed. Don't think I'm well enough yet to start taking it seriously. :\

Good to know that someone else doesn't really care for 4 aco dmt. Makes me super tired. Haven't tried too many other RC tryps but 4 ho met sounds interesting and some of these others.

You'll feel better in a day or two and you'll be stronger. You could always try working out less hard until you don't feel like you got hit by a bus. I will say that when I got off opiates and started working out, it was really intense for the first week or 2. Lots of soreness, but when your body gets used to it it stops happening much.

4-AcO-DMT makes me kinda tired too... I actually dislike the first half of it, but the second half is great. I've had a few really nice trips on it, but I prefer some others.

My DOPr finally arrived, and I'm looking at it as we speak. :) 1.5 grams... more than I'll ever need. Glad that all worked out! Now to find a time to have a chance to use it... it's hard to have a day or so put aside and not do anything, between music and girlfriend and friends and work. I can use DOC because I can still function perfectly fine on it. Maybe the same will be true for DOPr but I won't know til I try it.

Guys I am gushing right now, there is so much incredibleness all around me. Life has never felt so right and the future has never felt so bright. Everything I could possibly want manifests itself instantly. Dreams become reality with a flick of the wrist. Last weekend I VJ'd 3 nights in a row, a massive festival of 20,000 people. I have been infused with so much Source Energy, light is streaming out of every pore of my body. My Third Eye has never been so wide open.

Guys I am gushing right now, there is so much incredibleness all around me. Life has never felt so right and the future has never felt so bright. Everything I could possibly want manifests itself instantly. Dreams become reality with a flick of the wrist. Last weekend I VJ'd 3 nights in a row, a massive festival of 20,000 people. I have been infused with so much Source Energy, light is streaming out of every pore of my body. My Third Eye has never been so wide open.

Awesome dude, I'm glad. :)

My girl dropped a potential bomb on me yesterday... she came back over after running some errands, and the first thing she said to me was "hey, do you want to move to Europe with me for like a year?" I was like "...whoa". We talked about it a bit and I listed some surface reasons why it would be difficult, but in truth I just don't want to. I like the idea of that sometime in my life, but not now. Right now I've got a lot going on for me where I am... working hard on music with people I want to play music with (and we're starting to line up gigs finally though our first is still a week away). I own my house and I'd have to deal with renting it and paying someone to manage that... I have great friends I don't want to leave, my cats might end up quarantined for a long time (I have heard horror stories), I'd have to quit my job which is an amazing job, and my dad is sick and rapidly deteriorating and I can't not see him for a year (in a year there is a strong possibility he won't be able to talk anymore or really move at all... he could have not much more than a year also, and there is no way I'm going to completely miss the last year(s) of his life, I already feel bad for living 700 miles away but at least it's not hard to visit and I do visit).

I'm hoping it was a momentary feeling and she won't keep wanting to do it, because I really don't want to not be with her, she's awesome. But neither of us wants a long-distance relationship I don't think. The thing is, she's lived in Europe before (when she was 16-17, on her own too, or with a host family actually), and she likes to move around sometimes. I think she gets down after a while being in a place because she doesn't know what she wants to do with her life so she gets bored and living somewhere else provides some excitement.

It's gonna be really sad if she ends up going to do that... I really just can't, nor do I want to right now. I'd probably do it someday... maybe. I like the idea of it in theory and when I was depressed, I had an intense wanderlust, I really felt pain at the fact that I couldn't go live around the world. But really I wanted to run away and just start something somewhere else. And I'm sure it would be an amazing experience (plus a year isn't really THAT long), but I'm having an amazing experience here and I feel like it's just getting started, or just picking up steam anyway. It seems nonsensical to me to leave that. I mean even if it's just a year, that's a YEAR of everything here continuing and changing without me... and that doesn't feel right to me. I've come to realize she is somewhat depressed, and that the root of it is that she just doesn't really feel like she totally has a place, doesn't know what she wants to devote her life to. But she likes new experiences and new people and exploring. And I do too, but even more than that I like to form families of people, and get really involved with things, and have familiar places around me that I love. It's really ideal for me here, I haven't even considered moving anytime in the foreseeable future, because I'm really happy here. So, like, why move and hope that I could have something as good somewhere else?

I'm not sure what to think. :( We have this awesome thing and it keeps getting better and closer. And that would continue in Europe but I don't know if it would work if she just sometimes leaves for a year. I dunno, maybe it would but that would suck. I'll be really sad if it doesn't work out though. Much sadder than when my 12 year relationship ended because I have nothing but love and affection for her, without any kind of resentment or pain at all. But at least I'm in a place in my life where I am going to make the right decision for me about stuff like that. It would be heartbreaking but I would get past it and be fine. But I don't want that to happen. :(

Just had to write out some thoughts on that. If she brings it up again, I'll talk to her about it and lay out exactly how I feel. At this point she just mentioned it once and didn't push me to talk much about it, but clearly it's something she wants, otherwise she wouldn't have said it.

Last edited:
My girl dropped a potential bomb on me yesterday... she came back over after running some errands, and the first thing she said to me was "hey, do you want to move to Europe with me for like a year?" I was like "...whoa". We talked about it a bit and I listed some surface reasons why it would be difficult, but in truth I just don't want to. I like the idea of that sometime in my life, but not now. Right now I've got a lot going on for me where I am... working hard on music with people I want to play music with (and we're starting to line up gigs finally though our first is still a week away). I own my house and I'd have to deal with renting it and paying someone to manage that... I have great friends I don't want to leave, my cats might end up quarantined for a long time (I have heard horror stories), I'd have to quit my job which is an amazing job, and my dad is sick and rapidly deteriorating and I can't not see him for a year (in a year there is a strong possibility he won't be able to talk anymore or really move at all... he could have not much more than a year also, and there is no way I'm going to completely miss the last year(s) of his life, I already feel bad for living 700 miles away but at least it's not hard to visit and I do visit).

I'm hoping it was a momentary feeling and she won't keep wanting to do it, because I really don't want to not be with her, she's awesome. But neither of us wants a long-distance relationship I don't think. The thing is, she's lived in Europe before (when she was 16-17, on her own too, or with a host family actually), and she likes to move around sometimes. I think she gets down after a while being in a place because she doesn't know what she wants to do with her life so she gets bored and living somewhere else provides some excitement.

It's gonna be really sad if she ends up going to do that... I really just can't, nor do I want to right now. I'd probably do it someday... maybe. I like the idea of it in theory and when I was depressed, I had an intense wanderlust, I really felt pain at the fact that I couldn't go live around the world. But really I wanted to run away and just start something somewhere else. And I'm sure it would be an amazing experience (plus a year isn't really THAT long), but I'm having an amazing experience here and I feel like it's just getting started, or just picking up steam anyway. It seems nonsensical to me to leave that. I mean even if it's just a year, that's a YEAR of everything here continuing and changing without me... and that doesn't feel right to me. I've come to realize she is somewhat depressed, and that the root of it is that she just doesn't really feel like she totally has a place, doesn't know what she wants to devote her life to. But she likes new experiences and new people and exploring. And I do too, but even more than that I like to form families of people, and get really involved with things, and have familiar places around me that I love. It's really ideal for me here, I haven't even considered moving anytime in the foreseeable future, because I'm really happy here. So, like, why move and hope that I could have something as good somewhere else?

I'm not sure what to think. :( We have this awesome thing and it keeps getting better and closer. And that would continue in Europe but I don't know if it would work if she just sometimes leaves for a year. I dunno, maybe it would but that would suck. I'll be really sad if it doesn't work out though. Much sadder than when my 12 year relationship ended because I have nothing but love and affection for her, without any kind of resentment or pain at all. But at least I'm in a place in my life where I am going to make the right decision for me about stuff like that. It would be heartbreaking but I would get past it and be fine. But I don't want that to happen. :(

Just had to write out some thoughts on that. If she brings it up again, I'll talk to her about it and lay out exactly how I feel. At this point she just mentioned it once and didn't push me to talk much about it, but clearly it's something she wants, otherwise she wouldn't have said it.

Argghh fuck mate, I understand. That's a horrible situation. Hopefully she couldn't bare to live with out you, and will stay wherever you are.

My last girlfriend was incredible, and I had nothing but absolute love for her.

Unfortunately she finished me last July, went traveling a few months later, met a boy, fell in love, and now I barely talk to her. I'll be honest; it's absolutely wrecked me. I never thought I'd experience heartbreak like this. And I feel like she's the only person who could ever console me, which is certainly a cruel irony.

I always knew she was going traveling, but I just put it to the back of my mind. Now I just can't help but think that she always intended to do it single, and that the end of our relationship was scheduled in for quite some time. It really hurts me to know that she might have considered it in such a disregarding manner.

So if I could offer one piece of advice, having been in a vaguely similar situation; make sure you lay your cards down on the table and find out where she stands. It's one of those things which is very easy to ignore, but that it really pays to establish before things suddenly escalate and it's out of your control.

Hopefully your situation fairs better than my own. :)

(I hope that my post doesn't serve to add to your own sadness any further; I mean only for somebody not to make the same mistake I did :) )

Last edited:
Thanks man. I'd be really surprised if she planned to end it at some point all along, though we did get into it super casually... but it's really not casual anymore and I don't think she wants it to end. I mean she wants me to go with her. It's weird though because I also wouldn't want to hold her back from it if that's a passion of hers. I mean I will travel with her and we have plans for that quite soon but living somewhere else isn't really on the table for me now. I don't really relish the idea of a long-distance relationship and I also don't relish the idea of being together when we're in the same place and not otherwise because as much as I hoped I'd be able to evolve past jealous feelings, the thought of her being with other people is not a good one. I mean if we have to break up then that will happen and it will suck but at least I won't have to deal with it repeatedly and try to get over it later... that sounds like a recipe for misery.

Man this has been the only stumbling block so far for us. And I mean maybe it won't be, but I think it's clear to me that she wants to and it's going to become an issue at some point. I guess nothing can be perfect, but it really seems that way except for this.

Thanks man. I'd be really surprised if she planned to end it at some point all along, though we did get into it super casually...

I didn't mean to imply that your girlfriend may have had a kind of long-term intention to end it or something. I just mean to say that it's best to find out her intentions early on, even if it's a hard thing to face up to. :)

My mistake lied in the fact that I avoided having a serious conversation about an inevitable and game changing future event, through fear. This has ultimately left me in the midst of the worst case scenario.

I just feel that had I found out her feelings, and what she really planned to do, then I would have been in a better position to do something about it (or otherwise, prepare). Unfortunately, I feared that 'talk', and it is yet another scenario in my life whereby I let very important things pass me by until it's too late.

Woe is me, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.